10 replies to this topic

#1 Flipster

Flipster

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 23 January 2006 - 08:41 AM

I recently bought this
http://www.mgae.com/...uadraCannon.asp
And I was abe to put some flashlighs in the area where the "blades" come out which makes it a great and good looking weapon for fghting in the dark, but it's range leaves something to desired.
Any help?

#2 Forsaken angel24

Forsaken angel24

• Contributors
  • 2,471 posts

Posted 23 January 2006 - 10:57 AM

What is the stock range on that thing? A few of us nerfers have spoken of this gun before but none of us actually bought it. If you are looking for mods to do on this gun then go for the basics: Overpressure plug,spring stretcch,air restrictor removal, barrel replacement.

Can this gun really fire off 20 darts in a row wihtout having to reload?
I don't get my kicks out of you,
I don't feel the way I used to do.
I know its bad,
After what we had,
But I’m just not the angel you knew.

#3 Chessler

Chessler

• Members
  • 337 posts

Posted 23 January 2006 - 11:57 AM

This blaster is so ugly, I can't even adress where the front is supposed to be!

How is this angular piece of plastic capable of shooting 20 darts in a row?

But I give props to the guy who made this thing:
Alien Racers™ Skrash Blaster™

Edited by Chessler, 23 January 2006 - 12:01 PM.

#4 SpectreX

SpectreX

• Members
  • 75 posts

Posted 23 January 2006 - 12:34 PM

I recently bought this
http://www.mgae.com/...uadraCannon.asp
And I was abe to put some flashlighs in the area where the "blades" come out which makes it a great and good looking weapon for fghting in the dark, but it's range leaves something to desired.
Any help?

If you're looking to add flashlights to that thing, check out my "Actual NF" post. You'll be more concerned with the post I made at the bottom about making the light rig, but it seems that as long as you work out a battery compartment you could dremel out holes for the light and for switches that would control them. It was easy with the NF because it had a built-in battery compartment, but I think you can buy battery cases at radioshack, so then it'd just be a matter of finding space inside the gun to put them. Looks like it'd be a fun project if you wanted to go that route. Otherwise from the looks of the gun you could probably get away with just dremeling out some holes that you'd be able to shove whole maglites into. Not as much of a cool factor, but easy and effective for adding light to your gun.

#5 Zach

Zach

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 23 January 2006 - 02:56 PM

This blaster is so ugly, I can't even adress where the front is supposed to be!

How is this angular piece of plastic capable of shooting 20 darts in a row?

But I give props to the guy who made this thing:
Alien Racers™ Skrash Blaster™

Why give props to that? It sucks, horribly, shooting a mere 20 feet.

I do agree with inability to distinguish each end and the fact that it's ugly. Even if it does shoot the darts in rapid succession it's basically an RF20 with some crap stuck on it.

~Zach
NerfX , for all of your Nerfing needs.

Have a fix for some foam? Come on in, the doors are open!

#6 Flipster

Flipster

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 25 January 2006 - 08:20 PM

Well, for some reason if I use the refill darts from the buzz-bee toys shotgun pack it increases the acuracy and also increases the ranger by about 20%.
And as much as they may say it fires 20 darts at one it can't. You can either have it go off revolver style by shooting one at a time or shoot all four in the loud chaber at once. the blade areas are what I removed to put the flashlights in. It works very well. the only bad thing about it so far is the range. and the revolving chanber is not auto-revolving... this gun is very good for having as a in the dark weapon. It also with mods looks very cool... I'll scan the instructions that came with it later tonight so you may see it.

#7 ambushbug

ambushbug

• Members
  • 103 posts

Posted 27 January 2006 - 09:18 PM

I think it looks bad-ass. But if its only got four crappy shots, that doesn't mean s**t. You say "loud chamber" - I assume, its a springer? I'd like to see what the insides look like. Got any pics? And you never told us what its stock range is.

#8 Anima

Anima

• Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 27 January 2006 - 10:01 PM

I've seen this thing in person, and I have to say that the paintjob is *very, very* good. No pictures really do it justice. It really looks like some ancient alien artifact.
On the web, your language skills are your appearance and odor. Don't be a smelly elephant man.

#9 Flipster

Flipster

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 30 January 2006 - 02:27 AM

Posted Image
Page one of the instruction booklet.
Posted Image
Page two of the instruction booklet.

If anyone has any questions now..ask away!

#10 Crappy Nerfer

Crappy Nerfer

• Banned
  • 149 posts

Posted 30 January 2006 - 05:55 AM

I have these at my Kmart, but I don't know if they are worth it. Any one have any opinions?
"If one notices a patch of gangrene in a wound on the back of one's hand, one does not simply hope that it gets better over time.

One cuts that shit off at the wrist and learns to masturbate lefty."

- Death

"By BC do you mean Boston College?"

- nerfer34

#11 Flipster

Flipster

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 30 January 2006 - 08:32 AM

If you are going for looks then yes.... but Otherwise, or at least untill I take mine apart and see if it can be modded no.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users