Posted 13 May 2003 - 12:06 PM

Linken Park in the end.

#2 Jangadance

Jangadance

• Members
  • 676 posts

Posted 13 May 2003 - 12:08 PM

Hello! This is my first post on nerfhaven. I'm glad to be here! :P

Music for this event, I would recommend Sabotage by the Beastie Boys and F*ckin' in the Bushes by Oasis. Some Led Zeppelin would be appropriate, maybe Helter Skelter by the Beatles? I'm just throwing ideas up.
"The 'dance goes on..."

#3 Black Blade

Black Blade

• Members
  • 541 posts

Posted 13 May 2003 - 12:10 PM

Hi Jangadance.

#4 silent mercenary

silent mercenary

• Members
  • 158 posts

Posted 13 May 2003 - 12:44 PM

hi jangadance welcome to NH

i think that a fast pace offspring song like total immortal would be perfect of an Armaggedon video
I will not walk, so that a child may live!

- Master Shake

#5 jon

jon

• Members
  • 91 posts

Posted 13 May 2003 - 12:49 PM

fuck linkon park! man the copy so many other bands it is not funny. they have been know to steal solos from artists like ozzy and rage against the machine. In my opoin i think it should be System of a Down, AFI, Dream Theater, Rage against the machine or Wax
Die you super-monkey fuck!

#6 Jangadance

Jangadance

• Members
  • 676 posts

Posted 13 May 2003 - 01:05 PM

Yeah, RatM would be good. I dunno about the other bands though. How about a Rage cover? "They rallied round tha family- with a fanny pack full of Stefans..." :P
"The 'dance goes on..."

#7 Black Blade

Black Blade

• Members
  • 541 posts

Posted 13 May 2003 - 01:16 PM

How bought sandstorm by darude.

#8 Jangadance

Jangadance

• Members
  • 676 posts

Posted 13 May 2003 - 01:31 PM

Calm like a Bomb is good material from The Battle for Los Angeles, if that's what their last CD was called. (I have it, I got the name right!) It's a track or two after Guerrilla Radio. It's a good song, not my favorite Rage- but it's good to see it on the Soundtrack! Thanks for the heads up. And the welcome! :P
"The 'dance goes on..."

#9 Spoon

Spoon

Meh.

• Founders
  • 560 posts

Posted 13 May 2003 - 01:54 PM

Calm Like A Bomb kicks ass.

Sandstorm is too "techno'ish" for Nerf. Now mind you I'm a fanatic techno lover, but it's just not suitable for nerfing.
Two roads converged in the woods, and I took the one less traveled......and now I don't know where the hell I am.

#10 Black Blade

Black Blade

• Members
  • 541 posts

Posted 13 May 2003 - 02:58 PM

Oh then System of a down pogo. Pogo pogo pogo pogo pogo bounce :lol: hehe.

#11 Warlock

Warlock

• Members
  • 250 posts

Posted 13 May 2003 - 05:13 PM

"Vote With A Bullet" by Corrosion Of Conformity :lol:
~§~ Warlock ~§~ Of the Lawn Chair Mafia ~§~

"It's so hard to be a fighter when your hands are always tied"
~"Señor Limpio" by Corrosion Of Conformity

Metal Gear?!

#12 silent mercenary

silent mercenary

• Members
  • 158 posts

Posted 13 May 2003 - 08:28 PM

alls i am saying is give offspring a chance

a fast pace techno would be cool too,

wheres your head at by basement jaxx is a cool song
I will not walk, so that a child may live!

- Master Shake

#13 rawray7

rawray7

• Members
  • 549 posts

Posted 13 May 2003 - 09:57 PM

zombie nation? it's techno, but it's cool.

edit: completely different, but also could be cool. how about a song from the civil war...you know like a "yankee-doodle....charge!!!!" i don't know, it would be entertaining.
You, nerfboi, are the suckest gun. -neonerfer

#14 jon

jon

• Members
  • 91 posts

Posted 13 May 2003 - 10:37 PM

if you guys want mettal techno listen to Rammstein: Du Hast!. its from the orginal matrix and it is in German! it is so much better than Rob Zombie. Rammstein is koolest German mettal i have ever have heard. if you guys have not heard it already you should downlaod it. julie it would be a great canditdate for the video

but if you really want to change it the style around you could do the Aquabats Superrad?

#15 cxwq

cxwq

• Founders
  • 3,634 posts

Posted 13 May 2003 - 11:50 PM

Been discussed. Ska is great but it's absolutely, positively, not Nerf music.

Du Hast is good but so played out. I seem to recall KMFDM doing a nice remix of a couple Rammstein songs.

Maybe that's what we need, a techno remix of a metal song.
<meta name="cxwq" content="mostly water">

#16 rawray7

rawray7

• Members
  • 549 posts

Posted 14 May 2003 - 12:02 AM

what you need is: korobeiniki by the band ozma. to make a long story short, it's the tetris song rocked out to the max. that would make the coolest nerfing song, seriously download it.

edit: http://artists.mp3s....03/1303216.html

#17 superadaquabat

superadaquabat

• Members
  • 188 posts

Posted 14 May 2003 - 12:32 AM

It may sound wierd, but bob dylan's knockin' on heaven's door goes extremely well with the slide shows. I'm not sure whether or not ska doesn't go with nerf, i'll have to try it out sometime.

That ozma song is indeed great ray!
Happiness is a foam gun.

#18 jon

jon

• Members
  • 91 posts

Posted 14 May 2003 - 12:14 PM

have you heard of offspring Huck it? that is it kool one, i have the music video its fast and good. or have you heard dream theater Dance of Eterinty? iti is all instramentals but it frickin rocks!

#19 jon

jon

• Members
  • 91 posts

Posted 14 May 2003 - 06:53 PM

hey i just heard smashing pumkins Siva that could be a good one also

#20 rawray7

rawray7

• Members
  • 549 posts

Posted 14 May 2003 - 09:14 PM

What's everyone's personal preference on music videos? Do you prefer clips of disconnected images or do you enjoy an actual storyline?

i think that really depends on the song. if i had my way, i would make the movie to korobeiniki. I think that song would work well with either disconnected images or clips, as well as with a one or two long scenes. there is actually an animated music video to the song already (is a 3-D, space - oriented movie consisting of a fight between sputnik and challenger) that movie is all done with one flowing scene, and it works well; but i think that the heavy accents in the song would also allow for disconnected-ness.

#21 superadaquabat

superadaquabat

• Members
  • 188 posts

Posted 14 May 2003 - 09:19 PM

"Knockin' on Heaven's Door" - Aquabat, I've only heard the Guns 'n Roses version and it feels a bit slow. Is the Bob Dylan version faster?

Nope, its really quite slow, but its really dramatic like. It probably wouldn't work with a nerf video, but it goes great with the slide shows!
Happiness is a foam gun.

#22 Dan Cromer

Dan Cromer

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 14 May 2003 - 09:51 PM

Ideas for songs

"One Fine Day" - The offspring

"Come out and Play" - the Offsrping

"Blitzkreig" - Metallica

"Big Gun" - Sonic Mayhem (I think they were NIN for the Quake 2 soundtrack, or something. Anyway, massively badass guitar rift/synth beat.)

"Welcome to Paradise" - Greenday

"Staring at the Sun" - Offspring

"Know your enemy" - RATM

"Magic Carpet Ride" - Steppenwolf

I'm thinking Magic Carpet ride is a definite winner.

#23 Zero Talent

Zero Talent

• Contributors
  • 606 posts

Posted 14 May 2003 - 11:23 PM

Just checked out Offspring songs on Yahoo Launch and realized they're on the radio all the time. I don't connect songs with owners very well. Anyway, they're either too slow or the wrong mood, but I still haven't heard "Total Immortal", so there's still a chance.

Don't listen to the original AFI version first, it's a bit more powerful than The Offspring's cover. Listen to it second, and make your verdict. But I think the song's a bit too... dare I say "hardcore"... for a video of kids Nerfing. If you are a fan of AFI, I'd suggest Synesthesia or perhaps Who Knew, both of which I can get to you if need be (Last time I checked, the site links were down). May I suggest The Living End: West End Riot, or perhaps Closing In (instrumental). Maybe even Strange. I have nothing in the way of techno, and Ska may not fit what you want.

There's a large number of prospective songs out there, so just pick what you'd be comfortable editting to, that you know and like. But you're going to do that anyways, so I guess I'm redundant.
"'Revere me as hot! All others are not! THIS, I COMMAND!'"
- Death

#24 Switchblade

Switchblade

• Members
  • 101 posts

Posted 15 May 2003 - 04:55 PM

Okay, first of all, AFI is the original maker of "Total Immortal" (one of their better songs). And I think that RATM is a good choice. "Know your Enemy" and "Bulls on Parade" are good. "Calm Like A Bomb" could work too, I suppose ([random]I learned the whole song on me bass! [/random]). I'm pumped to see that it's on the Reloaded soundtrack. They had Wake Up at the end of the first.

Anywho, I can think of some songs, but they might be a little too hardcore. Back to RATM, I also suggest "Microphone Fiend". And just for kicks, "Damn It feels Good to Be A Gangsta" by God only knows who...

#25 Mantis

Mantis

• Members
  • 553 posts

Posted 17 May 2003 - 03:38 PM

And just for kicks, "Damn It feels Good to Be A Gangsta" by God only knows who...

Haha, someone was watching Office Space the other day.
Personal LCM Summer Tune-Up Stats:
K:H=1.00
Shots Fired: 2.1 x 10^4
Fun had: 97%

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users