Big Bad Bow(bbb) Trigger Fix

Improving the BBB trigger.

No replies to this topic

#1 BandAid

BandAid

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 February 2006 - 03:18 PM

I don't know if anyone has posted anything about adding a larger spring to your BBB but I couldn't find anything. So if this is unoriginal forgive me but I did search.

I added a larger spring to my BBB. I didn't take pictures, but if you know what the internals of a BBB the way you replace the spring should be relatively obvious. The problem is that the trigger will not hold more than a slightly heavier spring.

I should note that I really don't like my BBB all that much except for how sexy it feels. My LBB gets much better range and the same accuracy, although it is not consistent. That said I added a ridiculous amount spring power. I put a NF spring along with a stock spring along with a spring I bought from home depot that is significantly stronger than the stock spring.

Anyhow after adding this many springs my BBB would fire before I was able to get it to fully cock. The solution to this is to open up the back half of your BBB where the trigger mechanism resides. I'm sorry that I’m not posting pictures but i hate opening up my BBB, especially the whole thing. Anyhow there is a post on the top side of the orange rectangle that makes contact with the plunger assembly. On the post on the top of this rectangle add the spring from a pen that clicks (the type with a spring inside ;)). This not only allows the trigger to hold a ridiculous amount of spring tension, but it also makes it possible to cock your BBB in space.

With all of this spring tension and a CPVC barrel and a great seal, I still have only got 80' to 85' range. I have heard reports of 100'+ if there is any truth in this could someone please direct me to the write up, or tell me how you did it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users