Having Trouble, Need Urgent Help!

Im IN THE MIDDLE of a mod right now!

8 replies to this topic

#1 Raj Man

Raj Man

• Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 21 January 2006 - 04:32 PM

Im in the middle of baghead's Maverick mod ("No Limits") and I am stuck/not able to do the part in which you much wedge the front gray piece of the turret off completely with a flathead screwdriver. So far, I have pushed it off a tiny bit, but the plastic is just getting more and more dented from the screwdriver. Help please!
"Asshats are people who get stupider every post/minute/hour/day. See, they have an ass for a hat, so every 24 hrs. their brain is replaced with more shit. That's at least how I took the definition of "asshat" to be."

-GeneralPrimeevil

#2 SirTofu

SirTofu

• Members
  • 424 posts

Posted 21 January 2006 - 04:40 PM

It's fine if the plastic peice gets scratched a tad. That does not affect the performance, as long as it doesn't break. My freind completley deformed the orange cap things with pliers, but it still works.
Nobody online Nerfs in the SE :(

#3 DTReaper

DTReaper

• Members
  • 309 posts

Posted 21 January 2006 - 05:45 PM

usually to get mine off I use a pole like thing that is the same width or less than the pole in the turret.

-DTR
QUOTE(VACC @ Dec 5 2008, 12:09 AM) View Post

That's it. I'm done. I'm sorry there are breasts on the Internet.

#4 Raj Man

Raj Man

• Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 21 January 2006 - 06:00 PM

Yay! Thanks to both of you DTReaper and SirTofu. I succesfully finished my first mod! The only problem is, now I have another issue. The hot glue that I put in the turret has partially clogged the barrel, due to my lack of hot glue gun skills, making it impossible to load ammo. (It dripped over a little bit, stupid, stupid, me) How can I get rid off this excess glue? I was thinking of using a pencil and taping some sandpaper to one end of it and shoving it up the barrel until the glue is all gone, but i'm not sure if this is a good idea. Also, seeing how weak the spring was when I opened up the gun, I was wondering what kind of powerful spring there is that could replace it or act as a second spring, in order to "double spring" it. Mentions of stores that sell the spring would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Edited by Raj Man, 21 January 2006 - 06:01 PM.

"Asshats are people who get stupider every post/minute/hour/day. See, they have an ass for a hat, so every 24 hrs. their brain is replaced with more shit. That's at least how I took the definition of "asshat" to be."

-GeneralPrimeevil

#5 euphemism

euphemism

• Members
  • 262 posts

Posted 21 January 2006 - 06:31 PM

For getting rid of the glue I would recommend using a flathead or something. Sandpaper would take longer and could mess up the barrel a bit. As for a double spring, I do not know a good store but I can tell you that unless you use a very low tension spring it well probably destroy the catch mech. or not stay cocked. Good luck with whatever you decide.

#6 LastManAlive

LastManAlive

• Members
  • 686 posts

Posted 21 January 2006 - 07:22 PM

Also with double springs, it may nopt cock at all because of the springs doubling up in the plunger tube and making the catch to not go far enough back and, well, catch. This happened to my FF. Then I singled it with an AT2K.
He came, He saw, and he conquered... But where did everyone go?

#7 DTReaper

DTReaper

• Members
  • 309 posts

Posted 21 January 2006 - 09:56 PM

I wouldnt put a new spring in without rienforcing the knobby thing on top of the plunger tube and the pin on the pull back part. Those two parts are prone to breakage.

-DTR
QUOTE(VACC @ Dec 5 2008, 12:09 AM) View Post

That's it. I'm done. I'm sorry there are breasts on the Internet.

#8 malekith

malekith

• Banned
  • 25 posts

Posted 04 February 2006 - 12:15 AM

I tried double springing my NF trust me dont do it the catch breaks and you cant get the whole plunger tube back enough to stay cocked best to rubberband it I did that and greatly improved my NF same basic principles probably apply to the maverick and about the hot glue try a dremel or a standard screwdriver(flat screwdriver)
my favorite things to say:

Hehehe shooting people with foam darts is fun!!

Congratulations you have reached the ultimate level of stupidity!!

no really

Haa your funny

#9 LordoftheRing434

LordoftheRing434

• Members
  • 565 posts

Posted 04 February 2006 - 01:06 AM

Another zombie topic, buddy. Watch ya'self...Punctuation helps too.
And when he gets to Heaven, to St. Peter he will tell, "One more soldier reporting sir, I've served my time in hell."

"I bluff it. I don't throw my weight around and say I know what I'm doing." ~ Mick Jagger

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users