Photo

Nerf War Rules

3 replies to this topic

#1 SirTofu

SirTofu

• Members
  • 424 posts

Posted 21 January 2006 - 12:52 PM

Yes I am sure this has been posted before. However, I did a search in Nerf Wars and no real thread about it. So I am going to ask:

I got into really nerfing last year, have organized two big nerf wars in decatur, GA (probably have not heard of it in nerfing history, ever. However, nerf wars have happened for years around here.). One with about 10+ people. Anyways the rules we have for games just do not work. One of the players (who goes by the name of shrtydrummer2001 on here) who has been nerfing much longer than me has had the plan of 5 lives. When you get hit you have to count to 10, then to 5. This clearly just did not work when it was implemented. Then I had the idea of adding spawn points, were you tap a pole or something and then count to 5. Before then, you can prep your gun, whatever. Now I see that doesn't work because people of course just dont count.

So what rules do you guys use, to make a nerf war as fun, fast paced, and least confusing as it can be?

(I did see the rules for armageddon 2k3 and saw a game called 5-hit, how does that work?)
Nobody online Nerfs in the SE :(

#2 SPU-Nerf

SPU-Nerf

• Members
  • 166 posts

Posted 01 February 2006 - 05:17 PM

Well at SPU we Nerf two ways.

Nerf Mafia is the most popular with a floor splitting up into two teams or two floors Nerfing for a week. Everyone has their colors on their arms and guns. You can only kill each other outside and the only way for a kill is via headshot (one life). Last team standing or the team with the most teammates when the week is up wins.

The other way is a varaiation of Assassins, rules below.

The Rules of Engagement for Nerf Assassins
v 1.0

1. You don’t talk about Assassins – for all intents and purposes, the game is not being played.  More specifically you can’t openly admit to being dead or alive, to having killed someone or thwarting a kill.  Anyone admitting to a kill or being a participant to a thwarting is subject to punishment or death. 

2. As an assassin, you will be assigned a contract from “The Executor.”  Contracts contain the name of another assassin.  Kill this person.

3. The Executor will preside over the game.  He must be contacted, via e-mail, about kills, tallies and thwarting.  If you kill someone, mark a tally or thwart someone, he must be notified about it for it to count in the scoring and for the game to run smoothly.

4. You can’t kill someone without your contract – your contract is proof you have the right to kill that person.  Keep your contracts on your body at all times.

5. An assassin must use a nerf gun to kill a victim.  He then gains all the victim’s contracts.  He will then hunt the active contract of his set.  If you are killed and you have multiple contracts, tell your assassin who the active contract is.

6. A Nerf Gun is any device that projects foam safely.  Including Official Nerf Guns, off brand Nerf Guns, Modded Nerf Guns, Blowguns, and Homemade guns.  Gun must shoot foam and must be tested by the Executor to determine gun safety approval.  Throwing foam or using nerf “swords” do not count.

7. They only way for a kill to count is for the foam to hit the head (neck up) of the target.  Head coverings are considered part of the head. 

8. A hit is when the foam projectile, bounces back, or changes direction after hitting the head, if the projectile keeps going in the same direction it is a miss.  If the assassin misses or hits any other body part it does not count.  Ideally all hits will be to the back of the head.

9. When hit in the head you put your hands up (gun in hand allowed) and yell HIT. You are now dead.

10. An Assassination must happen outside. Outside is anywhere that is NOT inside the dorm hall where you live, inside other dorm halls after quite hours, inside classrooms during class, inside Gwin, and inside churches or other places that CFE events are happening.

11. Non-players and dead people DO NOT protect you for Assassination.  You can be killed in public.

12. An Assassination attempt is when an assassin tries to kill his target by shooting at him.  If the first shot misses then another assassin can try to thwart, if the first shot hits then it is a silent kill.  During an attempt another assassin who has the first assassin that is attempting can attempt as well.

13. Active players who don’t have either member in an assassination attempt can however thwart an assassination by hitting the assassin with foam to the head before the target is assassinated.  This ends the assassins attempt and the assassin who thwarted yells out Thwart which ends the shooting.  The person who thwarted then gains all non active contracts of the failed assassin and that assassin can’t attempt their target until after 10AM the next day.

14. The Target may shoot back at the assassin to distract him to get away but any hits do not count as a thwart or a kill.

15. When it is the last two assassins in the game who every hits first wins unless they both die at the same time and then the assassin with the most contracts wins.

16. After a kill, an assassin marks “the sheet” with a unique and distinctive writing device.  This is for honor and is the only way for anyone to see how the game is progressing.  Other than the act of marking, the assassin may not do anything else to break rule #1 and cannot point our which tallies is his, but may be seen making the tally.  One tally per kill.  You must make your mark before you are killed.

17. There are no accomplices; there is no aiding and abetting.  (rule #1)

18. If the game ends by time constraint, the following point system will determine who wins:
Tally mark = 2 points
Contract = 3 points
Thwarting = 3 points
Kill = 3 points
Survival = 15 points
You will only get these points if reported via e-mail to the Executor.

19. No lying.  No hurting people.  The Executor can find out and can kill you.

20. If there is a question about the current game, consult “The Executor” in PRIVATE. 

Job description for “The Executor:”
1.  Put every assassin in a single ring/chain making sure that no roommates or suitemates have each other and to make a master list of this ring/chain. 
2.  Set a time limit of the game.
3.  Make Contracts.  A contract is a tangible object with the name of the target on it. 
4. Check Guns to make sure they are safe.
5.  Keep track of the game via e-mail and the master list. 
6.  Post the rules and the tally sheet out in a public place on the floor. 
7.  Hand the contracts out in a secretive manner.  If possible hand them out in a single meeting with all assassins.  All assassins should stay in the room until everyone is armed.  Once contracts are assigned, all will exunte en masse and the game starts.
8.  Make sure the game is progressing by the rules and punishing violators by assigning negative points or killing violators and then passing on the active contract of the violator to the person contracted to kill him.

Notice in both games you have only one life and headshots are the only way to kill. You could do a game with head and chest shots counting as kills and then arm and legs don't count at all or you have to hit two of them to count as a kill.

But I have never been any big events like armageddon, so how do the large Nerf events work?

#3 Talio

Talio

Not your mother

• Contributors
  • 2,781 posts

Posted 01 February 2006 - 05:40 PM

Yes I am sure this has been posted before. However, I did a search in Nerf Wars and no real thread about it. So I am going to ask:

I got into really nerfing last year, have organized two big nerf wars in decatur, GA (probably have not heard of it in nerfing history, ever. However, nerf wars have happened for years around here.). One with about 10+ people. Anyways the rules we have for games just do not work. One of the players (who goes by the name of shrtydrummer2001 on here) who has been nerfing much longer than me has had the plan of 5 lives. When you get hit you have to count to 10, then to 5. This clearly just did not work when it was implemented. Then I had the idea of adding spawn points, were you tap a pole or something and then count to 5. Before then, you can prep your gun, whatever. Now I see that doesn't work because people of course just dont count.

So what rules do you guys use, to make a nerf war as fun, fast paced, and least confusing as it can be?

(I did see the rules for armageddon 2k3 and saw a game called 5-hit, how does that work?)

Don't worry, I don't really remember any recent posts about this. When someone from NJ gets on, they'll tell you the best way to play. Everyone on the East coast basically follows our rules and they work really well.
New posts on my blog, check it out. - Click on the ad too, cause I get money per click. Give back to the Admin team for once!

#4 SirTofu

SirTofu

• Members
  • 424 posts

Posted 03 February 2006 - 07:06 PM

Thanks, talio.

Edited by SirTofu, 03 February 2006 - 07:06 PM.

Nobody online Nerfs in the SE :(

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users