131 replies to this topic

#26 Langley

Langley

LGLF - Since 2002

• Administrators
  • 2,997 posts

Posted 03 March 2006 - 05:42 PM

1) NJ breaks down like this:
Bergen, Essex, Passaic, Union, and Morris counties are North Jersey.
ANYTHING after the raritan bridge on the parkway is SOUTH Jersey.
Central Jersey is a made up land by people who live CLOSE to North Jersey but can't afford to live there. They are only fooling themselves.
Warren and Sussex Counties are practically PA.

First off, I'm less than 10 miles south of the raritan bridge. Second, the majority of the people in my town work in NYC and commute by train or by waterway. Belford is closer to being a suburb of NYC than lots of places nort of me.
To restate: all of the good aspects of living in north jersey, but without the refineries and pollution, and I'm closer to NYC by water than you are by land. Thusly am I qualified to say I live in central jersey. That and the fact that I am smack in the middle of the state, and we've got a wiki entry that says so.

http://en.wikipedia..../Central_Jersey

There, now the 'central jersey' bashing can be laid to rest. Except for when one of the Pine Beach goons brings it up. I can hear goddamn banjo's in the distance when I go down there, those guys are definatley in south jersey

You can poop in my toilet anytime champ.

2016 Nerf War Schedule
Bless you, my son. Now recite 3 New Members Guides and 5 Code of Conducts for your sins.

#27 DX-Robert

DX-Robert

formerly DX

• Members
  • 679 posts

Posted 03 March 2006 - 06:22 PM

I'll see if I can scope it out between now and the war. Dux, is it possible that you can find out exactly how many people from your clan are going to show up? That would be great. I will most likely not be bringing anyone along with myself, just me. I am glad to hear that you use tactics, this will be a great war. Also, do you use camo, or is that too much? I will have a real army belt with a real clip magazine pouch that I will use to carry my PC clips. Ill also have a pouch for extra ammo and extra barrels for my pvc couplered guns. I will get myself some camo if you guys are going to use it, especialyl since this will be in the woods. What are the "small abandoned buildings" like? They sound interesting. How many are there? It sounds as if you could use one of those buildings as a base and the other side of the field as another base.

You say there is one open field. I was wondering if you have any large object at your house that you could bring to the field as obsticles. I don't paintball, but my friends do. When they do paintball, they just go to an open field and bring picnic tables that they flip on their sides and use large garbage cans etc as cover. This could be a way to make the open field have some cover.

If you do scout it out ahead of time, it's the area at the end of Lakeview Ave near where Ridgewood borders Midland Park. The actual Goffle Park on maps is not the same place.

Camo is a bit too much although we use it to an extent. There is one abandoned building we call Arson because the roof was destroyed via fire, the rest are very small and short ruins. We have a position called High Point that is used as a base, an area with a stunning height advantage. Our general view on bases is not to have any, we move from position to position, but rarely fortify or hold a fortified position. Capture the Flag would be the exception.

There is no need to bring obstacles, many of the trees are quite thick and there are other things scattered around like stone walls and large bushes. The only open field has never seen combat, because it is not a strategic area.

Last, but not least, I can't be sure how many people can come yet. "The Ridgewood Militia" is named so because our numbers vary widely when we have wars. The roster has about 12 people on it, but the most that have ever showed up is 7. I'm thinking around 4-8 for this war.

United Nerf Ops - The premier northeast US nerf club serving the tristate area (NY, NJ, CT)
NYC Nerf Ops - Nerf in New York City itself
NJ Nerf Ops - Nerf in New Jersey
CT Nerf Ops - Nerf in Connecticut

UNO also has a Discord server, DM me on Discord to join (@vincentdrake)

-----------------------------------------------
My other groups:
Nerf Thrifters - A group for posting thrifts and other second-hand finds

#28 lilsniper

lilsniper

• Banned
  • 201 posts

Posted 03 March 2006 - 06:32 PM

Ok, 4-8 people from you clan would be awsome. The Goffle Park sounds great, looking foward to checking it out. In my last post when I was talking about using the ruins as a base, I was, as you said, reffering to capture the flag. I too like moving around as well.

When you say that you use camo to an extent, what exactly do you mean by that? I am only asking because I don't want to show up at this war looking like an idiot.

Is there anyone else that is going to be interested in attending this war? I know it may not be for a few weeks, but any interest would be great.

Edited by lilsniper, 03 March 2006 - 06:32 PM.

Member of Team Stealth

-Check it out and vote in our poll!

#29 One Man Clan

One Man Clan

TOFTS

• Contributors
  • 2,170 posts

Posted 03 March 2006 - 07:47 PM

I absolutely would be, and I can get some more NJ guys to go. Set a date and let me know.
I hate you.

#30 lilsniper

lilsniper

• Banned
  • 201 posts

Posted 03 March 2006 - 08:42 PM

Thats great OMC. We are thinking of having it the last saturday of March, which is the 25th. This is not definite, but we are working off of this date for now. If there should be any reason to cancel this date due to weather or someone can't come, we can reschedule it for the 1st Sat. of April...the 1st.

OMC, aproximately how many people can you get to attend this war? The more, the better. And also, how old are you and the nerfers you may bring along with yourself? I'm just curious.

If we end up having this war on a Saturday (whatever Sat. we decide to have it on), what time should we have it at during the day? I was thinking maybe 11:00AM to 6:30. These are just random times that we can work off of. If we go by these times, we should get to the park at 10:30 so we can set up, and be nerfing at 11:00, therefore wasting no time. Let me know any comments on this.
Member of Team Stealth

#31 DX-Robert

DX-Robert

formerly DX

• Members
  • 679 posts

Posted 03 March 2006 - 09:58 PM

OMC's clan will be the oldest by at least 5 years? Mine is mostly 17, juniors in high school.

11-6:30 sounds fine, perhaps a lunch break around 1 or 2? For those driving up, there is room to park right at one of the entrances, at the end of Lakeview Ave. The town maintains a small composting facility next to the park on the east bank of the brook, and it is actually in bounds for reasons you will find out later...

I'll float March 25th around with my friends tomorrow, so far it looks good. April Fools' Day could be the backup date. Hopefully it warms up by the 25th...we have snow on the ground now. B)

UPDATE: Would you mind a date change to the 1st of April, which is also a Saturday? The 25th is not looking good.

Edited by Duxburian, 04 March 2006 - 06:31 PM.

United Nerf Ops - The premier northeast US nerf club serving the tristate area (NY, NJ, CT)

My other groups:

#32 lilsniper

lilsniper

• Banned
  • 201 posts

Posted 05 March 2006 - 09:43 AM

A lunch break at around 1 sounds good. Everyone, be sure to bring your own money for lunch. Duxburian, are there any places nearby to eat? Also, if March 25th isn't looking good, then changing it to April 1st is not a problem. I will check out if thats good with my schedule, but I'm sure it will be.

Edit: Fixed some grammar/typos.

Update: I am putting together a head count to get an estimate of how many people may show up. So far we have (not all definite):

Duxburian- bringing 4-8 people
OMC- +more
Evil
Tenesee23
theyellowdartmti- bringing 4-5 clan members
Myself

Please let me know if you are comming so I can add you to the list. Anyone that is comming, let me know how many people you can bring. For now, the minimum amount of people is 13 people, including myself. If you are on the list and cannot come, let me know. Thanks.

Edited by lilsniper, 05 March 2006 - 12:44 PM.

Member of Team Stealth

#33 DX-Robert

DX-Robert

formerly DX

• Members
  • 679 posts

Posted 05 March 2006 - 11:37 AM

I would suggest bringing your own food...although there is a Burger King nearby. April 1st would be much better, as 3 people I talked to can't make the 25th [and I kind of need those people if our clan is to have any chance of winning :lol: ].

I think theyellowdartmti also plans on attending and bringing his clan.

As for what technology is allowed, so far we have:

Modded guns = yes
Stefans = yes
Homemades = yes

One question I have regarding Tech, my clan has pneumatic cannons, which we would either try and use a pool noodle as a giant dart, or fill the barrel with stefans, creating a riot blast. Any objections to using said cannons? [Because I know that safety is an issue with stuff like this, although we are very responsible with when and when not to shoot them].

Posted Image

My other groups:

#34 lilsniper

lilsniper

• Banned
  • 201 posts

Posted 05 March 2006 - 11:45 AM

Ok, I added theyellowdartmti to the list. As for guns for the war, I believe it would be a much better idea (as OMC suggested) to just test the guns on the day of the war. Any guns you want to use, just bring and we can test if they are too powerful or not. This way we can all vote on if the gun is valid for the war.

This war is not private or closed, if you want to join just say so and I'll add you to the list. I am looking foward to this war, its going to be great. :lol:
Member of Team Stealth

#35 theyellowdartmti

theyellowdartmti

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 05 March 2006 - 12:18 PM

Cool, finally a war in Jersey that I can make.

You said you guys are planning the begining of April? April 1 sounds good, but I'm always kind of busy on a Saturday. Don't plan this around me, but would April 2 work? I'll have to talk with the rest of the team.

Dux: You're going to need to give directions for this place and clarify exactly where it is. I'm not sure this is the same park that I think you're talking about. What town is it in?

Eye Protection?
We'll need it if you plan on using homemades.

I think I'll be bringing 4-5 people.

-dart
Active at NHQ, as theyellowdartmti

#36 lilsniper

lilsniper

• Banned
  • 201 posts

Posted 05 March 2006 - 12:40 PM

Yes, I agree. Directions would be very helpful through mapquest or whatever. As for eye protection, i got a really nice pair of sunglasses for christmas and I will be wearing them. Paintball masks work too, just ask long as they protect your eyes. I don't know if the sunday will work for me yet. Maybe, if you guys are up for it, we could have the war saturday and sunday. We could nerf all day sat, then come back sunday for some more. It is only a half hour away from my house so I would have no problem driving, so its really only up to you guys. This way, anyone who cannot make it sat can make it sun, and vice versa. However, let me know if this is too much. Thanks guys.
Member of Team Stealth

#37 DX-Robert

DX-Robert

formerly DX

• Members
  • 679 posts

Posted 05 March 2006 - 01:31 PM

Directions and Maps

General Area/Major Roads

A lot more specific

Even more specific

See the end of Lakewiew Dr? That's where to park. The whole wooded area thing is the battlefield.

Where to meet/park

Sorry that I couldn't get written directions, it won't let me enter a general starting location such as "Route 208" or Bergen County." If you want, I could write directions from major local roads myself.

Another edit: We could do a 2 day war if at least some people live in the county/region and can easily come back the next day. As for eye protection, anything will do. I wear glasses, so I normally don't need anything extra [I've been hit in the glasses with clay, water, and basketballs over the years, and they have yet to break]. I don't think the village police will mind us being there, or even know for that matter, but in case of trouble, I have 2 backup sites in mind. We have had a million water gun fights in this forest and no one has ever cared, so it should be the same for a Nerf war.

Edited by Duxburian, 05 March 2006 - 02:44 PM.

My other groups:

#38 lilsniper

lilsniper

• Banned
  • 201 posts

Posted 05 March 2006 - 06:33 PM

Thanks for the directions Duxburian. If you want to provide us with written directions, I suggest mapquest. Anyway, good to hear that the police will not be a problem, and its good we have some backup places just incase anything happens (such as a meteor hitting the feild, etc).

As for a 2 day war, anyone who can ONLY come on sunday, please say so. As for people comming saturday, we can find out on that day who can come the next day, if anyone. And once again, make sure you bring eye protection. If you are bringing some clan members or friends, make sure they know to bring protection as well. We don't want any injuries. :D
Member of Team Stealth

#39 lilsniper

lilsniper

• Banned
  • 201 posts

Posted 07 March 2006 - 04:24 PM

Hey guys, sorry for the double post, but I have a quick announcment. I would like all of you to know that I am bringing around 4 huge boxes filled with guns, many of which I would like to get off my hands. So if you are interested in getting yourself some new guns, bring some cash. I will have plenty of guns for people to use the day of the war as well, but will also have plenty to sell.

Thanks.

Edit: I would just like to know if we should inform nerfhq of this war, or keep this war just between the people at nerfhaven. I believe we could possibly get more people to come with a post over at nerfhq, but it is really up to you guys. Thanks.

Update: Members comming to war include the following.

OMC- +more
Evil
Tenesee23
Dark Shrimp
Myself

Edited by lilsniper, 07 March 2006 - 07:34 PM.

Member of Team Stealth

#40 DX-Robert

DX-Robert

formerly DX

• Members
  • 679 posts

Posted 07 March 2006 - 09:45 PM

Space to park is quite limited, so I think the interest here is enough. If you live in the county and could get dropped off instead of parking, that would help a lot.

Sweet, is long as the prices are reasonable, at least I'll be buying, and probably multiple guns.

Official date = Saturday and/or Sunday, April 1st and/or 2nd. 11 AM- ~5PM would work best, A-to work around evening conflicts in schedule and B-it starts to get dark earlier in forests. And a Nerf fight is no fun in the dark because you will lose just about every dart you fire.

My other groups:

#41 Akeris

Akeris

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 07 March 2006 - 10:31 PM

Well first off, hey everyone. Haven't posted here (been reading) yet, yeah, I'm the leader of the clan that dart is in and this is most likely who can go (I'll update as I find out)...

Terron, Bulb, Mr. Fisher, and maybe Paul if I can drag him along.

Anyway, it should be cool and I look forward to meeting you guys. Oh yeah, Duxburian, you're gonna see some "advanced tactics" yourself. 2 of our guys are milistic freaks so I look forward to this :ph34r: And we may have a war this sunday (at that Wilde Memorial park in Glen Rock) if you guys care to drop in that's cool.

Anyway, keep me informed.

-Akeris

EDIT: Oh, about the cannon thing, my people don't really care, we enjoy getting shot by new things.

Edited by Akeris, 07 March 2006 - 10:37 PM.

#42 theyellowdartmti

theyellowdartmti

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 07 March 2006 - 10:41 PM

Hey guys, sorry for the double post, but I have a quick announcment. I would like all of you to know that I am bringing around 4 huge boxes filled with guns, many of which I would like to get off my hands. So if you are interested in getting yourself some new guns, bring some cash. I will have plenty of guns for people to use the day of the war as well, but will also have plenty to sell.

Thanks.

Edit: I would just like to know if we should inform nerfhq of this war, or keep this war just between the people at nerfhaven. I believe we could possibly get more people to come with a post over at nerfhq, but it is really up to you guys. Thanks.

Update: Members comming to war include the following.

OMC- +more
Evil
Tenesee23
Dark Shrimp
Myself

Yes, from what I see of your arsenal, I wil be interested in what your selling. I'll bring money.

Up to you to inform NHQ.

-dart

#43 lilsniper

lilsniper

• Banned
  • 201 posts

Posted 07 March 2006 - 10:43 PM

Ok, great to know you can bring some of you clan members with you, along with yourself. By the way, Darkshrimp has also been added to the list.

Edit: OK, just in case you are interested in knowing the guns I will be bringing, here they are.

I am not promising that I am selling them all, but here they are:

Nerf Sawtooth (x2) with 3 clips
SM3k (x2)
SM2500 (x2)
Expand-A-Blast
Defender T-3
Dart Tag Blaster (x2)
Nerf Bow 'n' Arrow
Rototrack- with chain
Nerf crossbow- broken plunger
Firefly
Hornet AS-6
Mad Hornet
SM1500 (stock) old style
SM1500 (PVC modded, spray painted black)
Titan AS V.1
Wildfire
Lanard Maxshot NIB (x2)
Crossbow (stock) (x2)
Crossbow NIB
Crossbow PVC couplered
Crossbow- many mods, too many to name (no intergrations though)
AT3k (stock)
Rapid Fire 20
Powerclip (x7) 9 clips, 3 have clip mods, but will soon clip mod all.
Nightfinder (stock) (x4)
Tech Target Gun (x5)
Crossfire
Secret Shot II (stock)
Secret Shot II-PVC barrel mod
LnL- one with yellow cap still on, but ammo holder and site removed
LNL- 2 without yellow cap
LNL- painted white with PVC barrel/ no yellow cap
LNL- Brass barreled/no yellow cap
splitfire
AT2k (stock) (x2)
AT2k (x4) with single barrel PVC barrels
AT3k- 4 barrel PVC mod
At3k- 4 Barrel PETG mod
AT3k- Single barrel pvc with PVC stock(spray painted black)
Maverick
Titan-single barrel coupler mod (4 extra PVC barrels)
NF- air restrictors taken out, pvc barrel, ammo holders removed
SM750
Scout IX-3
Lanard Blast Bazooka NIB
Lanard Blast Bazooka PVC single barrel
Maxshot PVC barrel
Maxshot PVC coupler mod with (single pvc barrel and turret barrel

You can sell/trade with me at the war. I need some money for some other guns I am looking for (sm5000!!).

Edited by lilsniper, 07 March 2006 - 10:46 PM.

Member of Team Stealth

#44 One Man Clan

One Man Clan

TOFTS

• Contributors
  • 2,170 posts

Posted 08 March 2006 - 07:15 AM

Jesus Christ dude, I'm definitely interested in some of that stuff. Especdially the Maxshots.
I hate you.

#45 TED

TED

In Brightest Prawn, in Darkest Shrimp...

• Administrators
  • 1,339 posts

Posted 08 March 2006 - 02:36 PM

Oh yeah I'm coming and will probably bring Tenessee23 and another guy(lil joe)
Sorry OMC but the maxshots are mine.
Star Wars can go fuck itself.

#46 DX-Robert

DX-Robert

formerly DX

• Members
  • 679 posts

Posted 08 March 2006 - 02:56 PM

Anyway, it should be cool and I look forward to meeting you guys. Oh yeah, Duxburian, you're gonna see some "advanced tactics" yourself. 2 of our guys are milistic freaks so I look forward to this  And we may have a war this sunday (at that Wilde Memorial park in Glen Rock) if you guys care to drop in that's cool.

I look forward to the challenge! It's been a long time since we've had competition in the tactics department. Despite the fact that some of our members have never actually fought a Nerf war before, our water war experience will make up for that. [The tactics are similar] As for weaponry, your better variety of guns against our strange tech such as hybrid homemades and artillery should balance each other out.

If you are having a fight at that Glen Rock park this Sunday, a few of us may "drop by." :ph34r:

My other groups:

#47 Akeris

Akeris

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 08 March 2006 - 04:53 PM

Oooo.

I kinda' need a stock AT2K, and dart has been telling me about the TTG's awesome-ness so maybe I willst buy one 'o those. Oh yeah, how much for an LNL?

Duxburian- Yeah we may have a war sunday, I'll let you know when I find out. :ph34r:

-Akeris

#48 theyellowdartmti

theyellowdartmti

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 08 March 2006 - 06:48 PM

Do we have a set date yet?

April 1, or April 2?

Thanks for directions Dux. Now I know where that place is.

Edit: Lilsniper, are those NF's old style? Crossbow awaits me too. (If I can get a good price)

-dart

Edited by theyellowdartmti, 08 March 2006 - 06:50 PM.

#49 TED

TED

In Brightest Prawn, in Darkest Shrimp...

• Administrators
  • 1,339 posts

Posted 08 March 2006 - 07:04 PM

Just throwin it out here but could we maybe make this war inside of march?
Star Wars can go fuck itself.

#50 z80

z80

• Members
  • 603 posts

Posted 08 March 2006 - 07:15 PM

I just found out I only live like an hour away, maybe I can come, I'll have to see.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users