Nerf In Northern New Jersey?

131 replies to this topic

#1 DX-Robert

DX-Robert

formerly DX

• Members
  • 679 posts

Posted 20 January 2006 - 10:12 PM

Heh, just noticed the nice alliteration in the title. Anyway, I was just curious whom nerfs around here in Northern NJ, specifically Bergen County. There's even a slight chance that someone on this forum is involved with the Dart Wars Competition at Ridgewood High School, and therefore they might know me?

Edited by Duxburian, 20 January 2006 - 10:15 PM.

United Nerf Ops - The premier northeast US nerf club serving the tristate area (NY, NJ, CT)
NYC Nerf Ops - Nerf in New York City itself
NJ Nerf Ops - Nerf in New Jersey
CT Nerf Ops - Nerf in Connecticut

UNO also has a Discord server, DM me on Discord to join (@vincentdrake)

-----------------------------------------------
My other groups:
Nerf Thrifters - A group for posting thrifts and other second-hand finds

#2 One Man Clan

One Man Clan

TOFTS

• Contributors
  • 2,170 posts

Posted 20 January 2006 - 10:27 PM

I am a graduate of Ramapo College, and a few LCMers still go there as well. I live in essex county. NJ has THE livliest nerf scene around. Check out our wars to come this year.
I hate you.

#3 The Infinite Shindig

The Infinite Shindig

Arma-what-now?

• Contributors
  • 1,383 posts

Posted 21 January 2006 - 04:06 AM

I ran against Ridgewood in High School, bunch of fuckers.

Just kidding. Watch the war forum, we should be putting together a decent summer series. Most of us are in college, which makes it kind of hard to run any type of wars once the semester starts.
Shindig of the Lawn Chair Mafia

<a href="http://www.albinobla.../flash/posting" target="_blank">Posting and You</a>

#4 lilsniper

lilsniper

• Banned
  • 201 posts

Posted 09 February 2006 - 05:33 PM

Hey, i live in Harding, near morristown. I got to school at oratory prep in summit. I love nerf, but can't seem to find anyone to nerf with. Maybe if we find more people in this area, we might get a war going. That would be awsome.
Member of Team Stealth

-Check it out and vote in our poll!

#5 DX-Robert

DX-Robert

formerly DX

• Members
  • 679 posts

Posted 12 February 2006 - 03:25 PM

I love nerf, but can't seem to find anyone to nerf with. Maybe if we find more people in this area, we might get a war going. That would be awsome.

There seem to be plenty of people around here, so I am surprised that putting together a war is so difficult. I would think age range would be the largest problem, seeing as there are people on this forum way younger than I am and way older than I am. Some friends and I have been fighting casual wars here in Ridgewood, but less so in recent months due to the weather, sports, and schoolwork.

Edited by Duxburian, 12 February 2006 - 03:25 PM.

United Nerf Ops - The premier northeast US nerf club serving the tristate area (NY, NJ, CT)

My other groups:

#6 Evil

Evil

Fucking Copout

• Members
  • 1,156 posts

Posted 12 February 2006 - 05:41 PM

You probably don't know me, but count me in with OMC.
2007 Great American GoreFest Champion (Aug. 4, Apoc)

#7 Pineapple

Pineapple

Old-school Admin

• Contributors
  • 1,377 posts

Posted 12 February 2006 - 05:52 PM

You probably don't know me, but count me in with OMC.

Dude!

Anyone who doesn't know you from NH hasn't been around awhile.

Good to see you back around here, at least.

EDIT: Sorry Dux, not you.

-Piney-

Edited by Pineapple, 12 February 2006 - 05:56 PM.

-Piney- of White Dog Hobbies Armory

<!--quoteo(post=209846:date=Feb 5 2009, 06:27 PM:name=boom)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(boom @ Feb 5 2009, 06:27 PM) View Post</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
It's to bad you live in hawaii I bet there are not many wars there.Wait what am I saying<b> you live in hawaii you lucky bastard.</b>
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

#8 lilsniper

lilsniper

• Banned
  • 201 posts

Posted 01 March 2006 - 05:58 PM

So guys, does anyone want to have a war somewhere? Any suggestions? Do you guys know of any good parks or places to have a war in north NJ? Lets not let this topic die, as I know many of you would be interested in having a war.
Member of Team Stealth

#9 DX-Robert

DX-Robert

formerly DX

• Members
  • 679 posts

Posted 01 March 2006 - 06:19 PM

EDIT: Sorry Dux, not you.

I figured, since of course I know who Evil is. Forget my join date, the date I started browsing NH was Dec 04? Jan 05? Somewhere around there. I'm very different from other new members, and I've shown that, yet still am viewed as naive like the rest of the pack. I bet the other n00bs haven't been on the staff of 8+ forums [admin on most of those] and read NH for over a year before joining? :lol:

So guys, does anyone want to have a war somewhere? Any suggestions? Do you guys know of any good parks or places to have a war in north NJ? Lets not let this topic die, as I know many of you would be interested in having a war.

Depends, "north NJ" is very vague. Which county [ies] do you have in mind? I know quite a few good places to fight here in Bergen County, mostly in the town of Ridgewood. I agree though, a new war would be great.

My other groups:

#10 One Man Clan

One Man Clan

TOFTS

• Contributors
  • 2,170 posts

Posted 01 March 2006 - 08:39 PM

2 things...

1) NJ breaks down like this:
Bergen, Essex, Passaic, Union, and Morris counties are North Jersey.
ANYTHING after the raritan bridge on the parkway is SOUTH Jersey.
Central Jersey is a made up land by people who live CLOSE to North Jersey but can't afford to live there. They are only fooling themselves.
Warren and Sussex Counties are practically PA.

2) As I said in the NY war thread, find a place to play, tell us where, and we'll be there.
I hate you.

#11 lilsniper

lilsniper

• Banned
  • 201 posts

Posted 02 March 2006 - 09:06 AM

I live in Harding Township, right next to Morristown, Basking Ridge, and Bernardsville. I would be willing to drive a half hour to go to a war.
So if you find some nice places over in Bergen County, I would not mind driving there at all. I'll keep searching my area for some nice places. There are a few fields by me, but none of them support much cover. Let me know what you guys find.
Member of Team Stealth

#12 theyellowdartmti

theyellowdartmti

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 02 March 2006 - 10:38 AM

I'm from Hawthorne, and other guys from my clan are from glen rock, fair lawn, and I think one's even from Ridgewood.

We mostly nerf in the Memorial Park in Glen Rock. (The one with the outdoor skate rink) Its awsome there, a lot of cover, half of it has trees and the other half is a field with some cover.

Have to nerf with all you guys some time.

-dart

Edited by theyellowdartmti, 02 March 2006 - 10:40 AM.

Active at NHQ, as theyellowdartmti

#13 One Man Clan

One Man Clan

TOFTS

• Contributors
  • 2,170 posts

Posted 02 March 2006 - 10:53 AM

Let me know when your nest outing is.

We will do our best to be there.
I hate you.

#14 DX-Robert

DX-Robert

formerly DX

• Members
  • 679 posts

Posted 02 March 2006 - 04:35 PM

My team has a good-sized list of excellent places to fight, for a real Nerf war, we would just reuse our hardcore water war battlefields, medium-large mostly forested parks. The wilder the better, so I have a good one in mind, which follows the Goffle Brook for 2 miles. Since I have not fought a Nerf war with more than 4 people, is 2 miles fine, too much, or not enough?

Also, if we get this going, what should we do about clans of different ages? I have a feeling that the age range may be pretty significant. My team is 3-10 people, depending on how many can come on a given date, 16-17 years old, mostly 17.

We mostly nerf in the Memorial Park in Glen Rock. (The one with the outdoor skate rink)

That is fairly close to here. When do you have wars? Would you mind if we randomly popped up at one for a little surprise? :ph34r:

My other groups:

#15 theyellowdartmti

theyellowdartmti

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 02 March 2006 - 09:28 PM

Yea sure, I'll let everyone here know the next time we have a war.

Is this Goffle Brook Park that your talking about in Hawthorne? If so I'm like right down around there.

I've never really been there to scope it out to see if it's good for a war, it looks pretty good from all of it that I've seen. Theres plenty of room there, it's really big as you said, so I don't think we should use the whole thing.

Any good spots around Ridgewood High? I'm generally in the exact same area as you, Bergen county.

-dart

Edited by theyellowdartmti, 02 March 2006 - 09:30 PM.

#16 lilsniper

lilsniper

• Banned
  • 201 posts

Posted 02 March 2006 - 09:36 PM

About the ages, I'm 13, turning 14 in may. I don't see how its a huge deal if the age difference is with 5 years....unless its a prob for you guys.

Edit: If we organize a war, should there be weopon restrictions? If we play outdoors with a large space, I would believe that it would be ok to have guns shooting around 100' right? I have a titan thats shoots around 100', so would I be able to use it? Let me know any ideas...Thanks.

Edited by lilsniper, 02 March 2006 - 09:41 PM.

Member of Team Stealth

#17 DX-Robert

DX-Robert

formerly DX

• Members
  • 679 posts

Posted 02 March 2006 - 09:43 PM

Is this Goffle Brook Park that your talking about in Hawthorne? If so I'm like right down around there.

We use the northern part of it, which is not a piece of the official park, but the terrain is much more challenging. Goffle Park is mainly huge, level fields and some forests crossed by 5 roads, a school, a playground, and other buildings. Kings Pond Park, the name of the northern area, is heavily forested with both banks sloping steeply down to the brook. It is the more challenging of the two parks, and has great opportunities to use cover and height advantage. Either could work for Nerf, the Goffle Park is a bit far though, but not too much.

There are good parks along the Ho-Ho-Kus brook, and one a minute from my house behind a school. A park in Glen Rock may be the best choice since it is more between us, though I haven't been down there in a while. It shouldn't matter all that much, since it appears that you live basically right down Lincoln Ave or something.

This is a stupid question, but for wars, do you use stefans or just stock darts? If stefans, then I've got to stop being lazy and go out to buy the materials to make enough for the team.

Oh, no weapons restrictions should be necessary. It is a huge area, and I'd like to test out my homemades... ;) As long as long range is used responsibly, it is fine. You won't even need it, my team's weapons are mostly stock. :(

Edited by Duxburian, 02 March 2006 - 09:51 PM.

My other groups:

#18 tenesee23

tenesee23

• Members
  • 116 posts

Posted 02 March 2006 - 10:07 PM

The T.S.H.M.A.T.T.M.S.D.S.L.F.C. is in New Jersey as well. It consists of Darkshrimp (our leader I guess), me, and Little Joe (not on the forums). We don't mind driving a distance, as we drove more than an hour for the last war we attended, as long as it isn't too horrible of a drive. We all live in Hunterdon county (Flemington to be precise)
Go Team FuckBuddy!

#19 DX-Robert

DX-Robert

formerly DX

• Members
  • 679 posts

Posted 02 March 2006 - 10:16 PM

You're about an hour-hour and a half away, depending on traffic.

About the ages, I'm 13, turning 14 in may. I don't see how its a huge deal if the age difference is with 5 years....unless its a prob for you guys.

It's not really a problem, I just expect a wide age range which might present some issues. We don't have many modded guns to speak of, and a non-existant supply of stefans, so there's our handicap.

My other groups:

#20 theyellowdartmti

theyellowdartmti

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 02 March 2006 - 10:46 PM

My team uses a mix of darts, so you guys could use what you want.

Long range guns are fine, I'll be using either an AT2K, or an AT3K. Most of the members of my team that actually show up to wars have un-modified guns too.

I'll ask my friends in school tomorow about a war.

BTW:
I live right off of Lincoln Ave.

-dart

Edited by theyellowdartmti, 03 March 2006 - 07:41 AM.

#21 DX-Robert

DX-Robert

formerly DX

• Members
  • 679 posts

Posted 03 March 2006 - 07:12 AM

I think you meant asshole instead of loser, the word filter plays in there. I'm a co-commander and will probably use a mav, RF 20, homemade, or all 3.

My other groups:

#22 theyellowdartmti

theyellowdartmti

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 03 March 2006 - 07:41 AM

Yea sorry bout that. haha

Ok, cool.

-dart

#23 lilsniper

lilsniper

• Banned
  • 201 posts

Posted 03 March 2006 - 04:34 PM

Ok, thats good that there aren't weapon restrictions. All my guns (except for my LnL) are modded shooting around 100-110. I am probably going to use my crossbow as a primary, PC as a secondary, and a LnL holstered. But that is not definite. Could anybody that knows the area we are possibly playing in send me a mapquest link to the place? I would like to know exactly what area you guys are talking about, and maybe even look it up on google earth. Bergen county is not far from me at all.....maybe 25 minutes.

I also just wanted to know what type of style you guys play. Do you guys just run around shooting people....or do you use tactics. Or do you prefer the sharpshooter style? I am much more of a sharpshooter that uses tactics. I think it would be more organized if the war wasn't just running around, but more like having teams that work together to elminate others. How about Capture the Flag? Does anyone have any flags with poles we could use? If you do, you should bring them. We could set up 2 bases. Also, someone would have to bring some red and blue tape that you can put around your arm to specify what team you are on.

If anyone needs some extra guns....I have easily 25+ stock guns. Anyone in need of them could use them, as long as you are careful. I will just load up my trunk with all my guns.

I also would just like to know if I can use stefans since they are the only darts that work for my modded guns. I understand that most of you will be using stock guns, and therefore using stock darts. But I use stefans for my guns, and my stefans have a thumbtack on the end for weight (don't worry, flat side facing out). They don't hurt unless you shoot someone 1ft away from you, so I don't think it will be a problem.

One final thing is that we must find a date for this war. I was thinking of around the end of March or early April. We should obviously do it on a weekend, probably a saturday, but really whatever is good for you guys. Once we find a date and clarify the area we will be playing in, we'll start a head count to see who is comming, and try to have even teams. If we have uneven teams, we could even do every man for themselves. We can experiment with gametypes the day of the war, so that is not a major concern at the moment.

Please don't get the impression that I am trying to be the boss of this war...I just want it to be organized so its a good war. Any suggestions from you guys would be great.

Edit: I just looked up the Goffle Brook Park on google earth. All I see is a big baseball feild, which provides no cover at all. Nex to that is a building with a parking lot, with a small building next to it. I don't think that would be big enough. Then, you must cross a highway/major street to get to the rest of the park, which is just trees surrounded by the road and privat houses, so I would beleive it is private property. Therefore, I do not feel that this would be the best place to have a war, especially with how many people there are that may attend this war (I'd say around 8-15 from what you guys have said). Let me know some other areas you guys know of that may be good to have a war in. But feel free to prove me wrong about what I say of Goffle Park, especially since you guys have nerfed there and I haven't. I am just commenting on it according to what I see on the internet. Thanks.

Edited by lilsniper, 03 March 2006 - 04:45 PM.

Member of Team Stealth

#24 DX-Robert

DX-Robert

formerly DX

• Members
  • 679 posts

Posted 03 March 2006 - 05:17 PM

About the Goffle Park, we would be fighting in the northern-most section, which is not labeled on Google Earth. Trust me, it is heavily forested with lovely height advantage areas, trails, and only one open lot and field. There is a treehouse in a remote corner, a dam, and some ruins of small abandoned buildings. The best part is the huge wooded terrain, very, very fun to fight in. It also requires one to have skill and stamina rather than relying on just tech and range.

My clan, although we have yet to fight a war against other teams, will apply tactics and the one hit kill style we already use in water gun fights. We love tactics and organized fighting. It is really a hybrid team, one that nerfs and soaks depending on the season. This war will be great for getting experience in nerf, while we are one of the best water war teams in the nation, I can't say the same for our Nerfing ability. :P Expect advanced tactics from us. -_-

Capture the Flag works great, 1HK elimination works great, 1HK lives works too. We could try a number of game types on the actual day, that doesn't matter much now.

Stefans are fine, while most of our guns are stock, I do have some modded ones that can take stefans if I make them. I think homemades should be allowed too, I have a few air pressure ones, single shot muzzle loaded, nothing fancy, and I am responsible when it comes to safe use of homemades.

As for date, a Saturday would be best, late March-early April sounds good. So let's throw some dates up in the air: Last Sat in March, First Sat in April...taking into account school too. I have a term paper due the day before April Break.

My other groups:

#25 lilsniper

lilsniper

• Banned
  • 201 posts

Posted 03 March 2006 - 05:42 PM

Ok, the last Saturday in March is the 25th. I probably will not be busy, but will post if anything comes up. Goffle Park sounds good. I'll see if I can scope it out between now and the war. Dux, is it possible that you can find out exactly how many people from your clan are going to show up? That would be great. I will most likely not be bringing anyone along with myself, just me. I am glad to hear that you use tactics, this will be a great war. Also, do you use camo, or is that too much? I will have a real army belt with a real clip magazine pouch that I will use to carry my PC clips. Ill also have a pouch for extra ammo and extra barrels for my pvc couplered guns. I will get myself some camo if you guys are going to use it, especialyl since this will be in the woods. What are the "small abandoned buildings" like? They sound interesting. How many are there? It sounds as if you could use one of those buildings as a base and the other side of the field as another base.

You say there is one open field. I was wondering if you have any large object at your house that you could bring to the field as obsticles. I don't paintball, but my friends do. When they do paintball, they just go to an open field and bring picnic tables that they flip on their sides and use large garbage cans etc as cover. This could be a way to make the open field have some cover.
Member of Team Stealth

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users