Air Restrictor Removal-maverick

How do you remove Maverick's Air Rest.?

6 replies to this topic

#1 Raj Man

Raj Man

• Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 19 January 2006 - 04:38 PM

I have seen several mods for Mavericks online, but being a noob, I'm not sure how exactly you remove the air restrictors from the gun itself. I don't even know how an air restrictor looks! Also, i was wondering how I could add some rubber bands or bungees to the firing mechanism to increase range and power. Pictures would be greatly helpful!
Thanks!Edit:sorry, I'm a noob, I posted this in the wrong section!

Edited by Raj Man, 19 January 2006 - 04:40 PM.

"Asshats are people who get stupider every post/minute/hour/day. See, they have an ass for a hat, so every 24 hrs. their brain is replaced with more shit. That's at least how I took the definition of "asshat" to be."

-GeneralPrimeevil

#2 nerfnikkogunner

nerfnikkogunner

• Banned
  • 14 posts

Posted 20 January 2006 - 09:49 AM

1. Have you even opened a gun before?! :angry:

2. Look on the maverick mods page.

3. you can remove those little posts, or remove the middle of the restrictors.

4. Sorry if I sounded like I know ALL about nerf.

#3 Meaker VI

Meaker VI

• Moderators
  • 1,192 posts

Posted 20 January 2006 - 01:50 PM

Go Here and there is an excellent Maverick upgrade how-to. Complete with pictures, instructions, etc. It is not easy to "band" a Maverick, since the plunger is on the inside of the gun. And it works backwords. Something you might want to try (after going to the page above) would be to take a dowel that fits inside the front half of the plunger, cut the front of it so that the air will flow around it, and glue it in (still not blocking the airflow around it) to reduce empty airspace.

Good luck and welcome to the Haven.

#4 Raj Man

Raj Man

• Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 20 January 2006 - 03:58 PM

Yes, I have opened 2 guns before, the Ratchetblast (a disaster!) and the Maverick. My main original and current problem is that I can't find a screwdriver small enough to fit in the tiny yellow hole in the back of the cocking slide. Once I have a screwdriver that small, I will be able to mod the gun. Also, I was wondering if my 6 volt drill is powerful enough for baghead's mod. I plan to do the mod as soon as I can find that tiny screwdriver, so any screwdriver reccomendations would be helpful. Thanks! Edit:I was also wondering if a jeweler's screw driver would work, and if so, what size and kind?

Edited by Raj Man, 20 January 2006 - 04:26 PM.

"Asshats are people who get stupider every post/minute/hour/day. See, they have an ass for a hat, so every 24 hrs. their brain is replaced with more shit. That's at least how I took the definition of "asshat" to be."

-GeneralPrimeevil

#5 pinhead52

pinhead52

• Members
  • 193 posts

Posted 20 January 2006 - 04:26 PM

I use the largest phillips in my "precision screwdriver" set. It was like $5.00 at the college bookstore, and I've seen them elsewhere too. Not only is it useful for this, but if you're taking apart electronics it is infinitely helpful. Get this set.

As far as the air restrictors, it'll be obvious when you open it. They sit behind the little post things, and they're pretty much just spring-loaded stoppers. They have little arms that go into the barrel, so that if there's no dart in it, no air goes through. This will prevent the loud and obnoxious "clack" when you dry-fire. You'll get used to this noise after you mod your gun.

#6 rylundo

rylundo

• Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 20 January 2006 - 06:22 PM

Dont say noobs or newbs because its just Gay....literally....its homosexual.
I am hungry enough to eat a cow.....no not really just a full sized baby.

quote from chessler
Rylundo, you get the cookie anyway.

Thats right bitchs I got a cookie.

#7 J cobbers

J cobbers

• Members
  • 586 posts

Posted 20 January 2006 - 08:56 PM

Yes, I have opened 2 guns before, the Ratchetblast (a disaster!) and the Maverick. My main original and current problem is that I can't find a screwdriver small enough to fit in the tiny yellow hole in the back of the cocking slide. Once I have a screwdriver that small, I will be able to mod the gun. Also, I was wondering if my 6 volt drill is powerful enough for baghead's mod. I plan to do the mod as soon as I can find that tiny screwdriver, so any screwdriver reccomendations would be helpful. Thanks! Edit:I was also wondering if a jeweler's screw driver would work, and if so, what size and kind?

Raj Man I feel your pain. Opening a Ratchet Blast is only reccomended for an experianced modder, and then only when it is broken. I've opened and put back together a ratchet blast several times, but is the most difficult gun I've ever encountered, and usually you need someone to provide an extra set of hands.

The type of screwdivers you need for the Maverick buy a set of precision screwdirvers (usually only a few dollars at a hardware store) a 3.0 mm or 2.4mm phillips head should do the trick.

I don't see why a 6 volt drill wouldn't work, as this is plastic, not hardwood. Just take your time and be careful. Also if the limiters aren't glued in you won't even have to drill. Good luck.

Don't forget to eat your meat based vegetable substitute children.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users