Photo

N-strike Unity

11 replies to this topic

#1 Bone

Bone

• Banned
  • 43 posts

Posted 19 January 2006 - 09:23 PM

Does any one own an N-strike unity system?ecause I was thinking of buying one and I was wondering if it is reely worth the money? Thank you.
No.

#2 Lukeinator

Lukeinator

• Members
  • 236 posts

Posted 19 January 2006 - 10:25 PM

Try this.
Ride it like it's stolen.

#3 nerfnikkogunner

nerfnikkogunner

• Banned
  • 14 posts

Posted 19 January 2006 - 11:21 PM

i might not know how to mod real well, but this is what i know.

basically,
THE ROCKET TAKES FOREVER TO PUMP UP for a good shot, YOU HAVE TO PUMP UP THE AS-6 EACH SHOT, OR WASTE ALL 6 AT THE SAME FREAKIN TIME. AS FOR THE SCOUT IX-3, ITS GOOD BUT LETS SAY THE MAVERICK IS THE DADDY OF THE SCOUT.

The good thing is that you can attach different guns on with the walloping rocket.

sure,mod it, but i think its a load of, well you know, for 40$ :angry:

P.S. Dont flam me for that last comment . :cry:

#4 The Infinite Shindig

The Infinite Shindig

Arma-what-now?

• Contributors
  • 1,383 posts

Posted 19 January 2006 - 11:35 PM

P.S. Dont flam me for that last comment . :angry:

I won't flame you. However, what I do ask is that you read and follow our Code of Conduct.

Back on topic. In my opinion the N-Strike system isn't worth it. Perhaps this is because the Scout sucks and I have no interest in a Titan or the new imitation of the blastfire. If you want to make an investment in some new nerf guns, I would highly recommend a NiteFinder (multiple if possible) and the AirTech 2000 twin pack (which can be found at Target for $9.99).
Shindig of the Lawn Chair Mafia

<a href="http://www.albinobla.../flash/posting" target="_blank">Posting and You</a>

#5 Arcanis

Arcanis

• Members
  • 240 posts

Posted 20 January 2006 - 08:14 PM

YOU HAVE TO PUMP UP THE AS-6 EACH SHOT, OR WASTE ALL 6 AT THE SAME FREAKIN TIME.

I don't know what you're talking about- once the Hornet is pumped sufficiently, each trigger pull fires from one of the barrels.

-i hate the yankees as much as the next guy, but i'm only sixteen and i'm not ready for the ice age, or the apocalypse...whichever the great bambino has destined for us. -Rawray7

#6 J cobbers

J cobbers

• Members
  • 586 posts

Posted 20 January 2006 - 09:13 PM

YOU HAVE TO PUMP UP THE AS-6 EACH SHOT, OR WASTE ALL 6 AT THE  SAME FREAKIN TIME.

I don't know what you're talking about- once the Hornet is pumped sufficiently, each trigger pull fires from one of the barrels.

Your inability to understand his comment may have to do with the fact that he is, and has been, acting like an idiot since he joined.

I own the N-Strike and here is my opinion:
Scout: too weak modding improves it a little but, moded a Nightfinder or Maverick is better.

Titan: Ammo is too big but fun to just mess around with, when modded for smaller ammo it is too powerful and could hurt someone, and takes too long to prime inbetween shots.

Hornet: Not too strong, but kinda weak. To be effective you need mod it and modding it could wreak it. It really is the only useful gun in the set, and why would you pay $40 for one decent gun? Your better off with the older, more reliable Blastfire if you can find one.

The idea of a combo system is cool, but the N-strike is too big and cumbersome when all put together. You are better off spending the money on a big bad bow or even a firefly. Honestly the best thing you could get would be an AT2K or AT3K and mod those.

Edited by J_cobbers, 20 January 2006 - 09:17 PM.

Don't forget to eat your meat based vegetable substitute children.

#7 nerfer34

nerfer34

• Members
  • 1,594 posts

Posted 21 January 2006 - 09:50 PM

I have the system and this is what I think

- Hornet -just no comment how bad it is.
-Scout decent at best
- Titan very fun to play around with and fun when modded.
Titan is worth 25
scout worth 6
hornet worth 5
<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->God Damn it Groove, you stole my kill.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->-OMC

#8 Sturmwehr

Sturmwehr

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 January 2006 - 03:01 AM

The Titan's accuracy sucks so much, it's ridiculous. Good luck hitting anything that's moving with it.

The Hornet is decent, but it takes 20 pumps to get that decency. If it were less than 10, I'd call it a fine piece, but it's rather slow to begin with. I would also recommend to not mod it unless you know a Nerf gun like the back of your hand and you can mod a gun with your hands tied behind your back. It's quite complex and there's not a lot of room for error. I tried modding mine and screwed it up bigtime.

Scout is a pretty good pistol. I wouldn't mind buying them seperately, and having 2 or more to use. For a pistol its size, it has nice power and adequate accuracy.

#9 Paloose

Paloose

• Members
  • 143 posts

Posted 22 January 2006 - 10:22 AM

For a pistol its size, it has nice power and adequate accuracy.

Are you joking me?

#10 Pineapple

Pineapple

Old-school Admin

• Contributors
  • 1,377 posts

Posted 22 January 2006 - 10:58 AM

Scout is a pretty good pistol. I wouldn't mind buying them seperately, and having 2 or more to use.

For a pistol its size, it has nice power and adequate accuracy.

I'd have agreed with the first part (separated the two statements for clarity) if the Crosssfire hadn't come out.

The Crossfire has Scout size...I can only get three fingers on it. Open trigger guard leaves room for bigger fingers, and room for integrations. Cool slide action with clamp that allows attachment to UPS rails on the Dart Tag guns, the Nite Finder EX-3, Scout, Firefly. And finally (most important), out of the box 30-40 foot ranges.

On a good day, the Scout can barely make 15 feet. That isn't a whole bunch of power in my perception.

I agree with the above posts...the Hornet is not a good blaster for first-timers to modify, as is the Maverick (with all the recent new users taking apart their Mavs and getting stuck). But it's Hasbro's only current multi-shot air powered semi-auto.

The Titan would be the only motivating factor for getting an N-Strike set. It fires the rocket wonderfully up to 50-70 feet, and modifying them to fire darts makes for an affordable long-range blaster for the wannabe "sharpshooter" in everyone.

What really sold me on the N-Strike was the DVD "game" that came with it. We've had the N-Strike for over a year now, and my son still plays the DVD and has a blast with it. We use all the recommended weapons (Scout and Hornet, both stock), and I join in with my modded NiteFinders and Firefly. It's a load of fun.

Bone, if you have the extra 40 or so to spend, I'd go and get one. If you have to scrape and save up for blasters, and you want to modify, you're better off buying (like Shinny said) AT2ks, NiteFinders, or the Dart Tag set (better if you can find the bonus pack with two NiteFinders packed with them, renamed as Firestrikes).

New modders should start with what most of the regulars have been fixing up, and start their modifying hobby with less complex blasters, lest they take apart their brand new toys and end up with piles of inert plastic, and posting at least weekly how their beloved Maverick no longer 'works'.

-Piney-

EDIT; fixed up the "s-word".

Edited by Pineapple, 22 January 2006 - 11:02 AM.

-Piney- of White Dog Hobbies Armory

<!--quoteo(post=209846:date=Feb 5 2009, 06:27 PM:name=boom)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(boom @ Feb 5 2009, 06:27 PM) View Post</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
It's to bad you live in hawaii I bet there are not many wars there.Wait what am I saying<b> you live in hawaii you lucky bastard.</b>
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

#11 Forsaken angel24

Forsaken angel24

• Contributors
  • 2,472 posts

Posted 22 January 2006 - 01:09 PM

The Titan when modded Ompa style with barrel stability is the most accurate gun I have have laid hands on. Even at 200 feet the thing is accurate. It is also very quiet considering it can send a dart so far. I use a 24" barrel with my titan and get amazing distance and accuracy. Stefan modded Titan to me is priceless. May not be used in some wars where people are worried about a couple welts but in assassin games we allow them because in wars you could get hit with a titan multiple times throughout the day. In an assassin game, One hit and your down for the month.
I don't get my kicks out of you,
I don't feel the way I used to do.
I know its bad,
After what we had,
But I’m just not the angel you knew.

#12 malekith

malekith

• Banned
  • 25 posts

Posted 24 January 2006 - 09:11 PM

Okay I got the N-Strike system for christmas my opinion is probably the same as anyone elses but here goes

Titan asv.1- to me my favoorite gun that I have ever owned or seen 16 pumps and you can almost topple a 10 year old kid with that missile with a mod. for darts absoulutely INCREDIBLE!!! This gun is worth its weight in gold

Scoout IX-3-Better off with the crossfire

Hornet AS-6- fairly good at close range if your doing a 2 hit out game then this may be useful IT TAKES FOREVER TO LOAD, PUMP, COCK, AND SHOOT THIS THING probably over 45 seconds which is a long time in battle and very hard to Attach/Disattach from the titan I broke my titan twice trying to get theis thing on and off of the titan no use whatsoever except for spare parts

altogether- VERY heavy after lugging around for along time also takes VERY long time to load everything and prep for fighting

DVD- I heard it is awful but I have not tried it yet

well I hope that helps you! good luck making a descision! :D
my favorite things to say:

Hehehe shooting people with foam darts is fun!!

Congratulations you have reached the ultimate level of stupidity!!

no really

Haa your funny

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users