Anyone Still Have Wing Commander 1?

Looking for a copy of the game

7 replies to this topic

#1 boltsniper

boltsniper

• Contributors
  • 591 posts

Posted 18 January 2006 - 05:53 PM

Wing Commander was the first game I ever played on PC back in like 91. I had it on a 5.25" floppy. That game was the shit! Something recently sparked my memory of it and I`d like play it again but I can`t find it anywhere. Either my orginial copy or anywhere available for download.

Does anyone happen to still have it? I know most of you are too young for this game as you were probably a toddler when it came out. If anyone does have it, whould you be willing to zip it up and email it to me?

#2 deathwolf

deathwolf

• Members
  • 120 posts

Posted 18 January 2006 - 06:18 PM

Wing Commander is an awesome game. If you googled "wing commander ROMs" you might find something...it's just a suggestion.
BROOD XIII

#3 boltsniper

boltsniper

• Contributors
  • 591 posts

Posted 18 January 2006 - 07:45 PM

I've been looking for a while for the original PC version with no avail. It's usually pretty easy to find really old games available for free download...but not WC apparently.

#4 NerfMonkey

NerfMonkey

• Members
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 18 January 2006 - 08:35 PM

www.vimm.net

I checked, Wing Commander's there. You'll need an SNES emulator, obviously. But it's there. One of my favorite sites for NES games.
SexD Warves

#5 nerfer34

nerfer34

• Members
  • 1,594 posts

Posted 18 January 2006 - 09:34 PM

I wasn't even born then ...but my parents had it about 2 years ago and I played it. It was a true classic. I can't find it since! If I find it I'll PM you gys.
<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->God Damn it Groove, you stole my kill.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->-OMC

#6 Jangadance

Jangadance

• Members
  • 676 posts

Posted 19 January 2006 - 03:54 PM

Wing Commander was the game that opened up my eyes to the wonders of non-console gaming. Although it felt like the only other thing out those days was the NES, I didn't realize I could enjoy a PC game so much. I don't remember the SNES port being very good, and I would have a hard time trying to get the old WC to run on these new computers. Good luck though, if you find a source post it. You could always buy it on eBay for a couple bucks.

edit: what a great excuse to break out those obsolete oldschool joysticks?

Edited by Jangadance, 19 January 2006 - 03:55 PM.

"The 'dance goes on..."

#7 Jester

Jester

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 19 January 2006 - 04:15 PM

I have this game, box, manual, and all. The downside is, it's my brother's.

~J
Member of the Chaos Brigade. Home to the Elite Iowa Nerfers.

#8 boltsniper

boltsniper

• Contributors
  • 591 posts

Posted 19 January 2006 - 05:08 PM

I found it!

If anybody wants it, let me know. It's 2.5Mb and rarred.

You will need some kind of utility to slow down your CPU to 386 status..... Otherwise it will run so damn fast you won`t see anything but a flash of light

Edited by boltsniper, 19 January 2006 - 05:11 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users