Photo

Question On The Firefly.

3 replies to this topic

#1 Dragonteuthis

Dragonteuthis

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 18 January 2006 - 02:34 PM

To preface, All I've modded so far are some Mavericks and a Nitefinder.

I just got a Firefly last night, and while I like the fact that it has a 8-dart cylinder and is kinda bulky, I can't seem to get it apart. I've unscrewed every single screw I can, and for the most part it pries apart nicely. But at the back edge of the shoulder stock it simply won't come apart.

Now, trust me on this, I HAVE removed every single screw. However, when I peek inside from the front end, it looks like there are two or maybe three screw posts in the back that don't have eny external sockets to them. Are these glued support posts? Is the gun just sticking together? I've tried prying it a lot, but I'm starting to get some whitish "strain marks" on the plastic due to my efforts, and I'd really rather not break the stock if I can avoid it.

Any suggestions at all would be greatly appreciated. I'm desperate to get the thing apart, because right now it shoots horribly.

#2 nerfer34

nerfer34

• Members
  • 1,594 posts

Posted 18 January 2006 - 04:28 PM

OK, it definitly comes off, mine came off with ease. For the gun open it up as far as you can and stick a flathead in there and then pry. It should come off easily. For the firefly turret it gets much more difficult. You must pry and work at it to open. It took me like 5 minutes to get it off!
<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->God Damn it Groove, you stole my kill.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->-OMC

#3 Anima

Anima

• Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 18 January 2006 - 04:36 PM

Yeah, they did seem to use some glue there in the back, and those fiddly little ornamental gray plastic parts don't help matters any. Just try to exert even pressure as you pry, and hopefully the glue gives before the plastic does.

The turret is nastily glued. Flathead screwdriver wedged between the cap's rim and the turret itself is definitely the way to go. Do that all the way around before trying to pull it off.
On the web, your language skills are your appearance and odor. Don't be a smelly elephant man.

#4 Dragonteuthis

Dragonteuthis

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 18 January 2006 - 04:42 PM

I must have gotten the gun glued by a mucilage addict, them. Thanks for the info, though; knowing what I'm up against will certainly make it better. Luckily, if it comes down to it there's nothing necessary for the function of the gun back there.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users