Photo

Radical/weird Idea

5 replies to this topic

#1 Natch

Natch

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 14 January 2006 - 03:44 PM

Note: This idea might be impractical, but I feel that I might as well since, you never know how it might be looked at.

I've been looking at how some nerf pistols can get very good range, but are only single shot(and to the ones that aren't, they still need to be cocked again). I was trying to think of a way to have multiple pistols all loaded at the same time with easy access to them(cocked or, and I came up with an idea: get some plastic, mold it(somehow) so it can fit just below your wrist, and add a free spinning wheel(undeside). Oil it enough so that it can spin when just a little bit of pressure is applied, but not too much or too little. Next, attach some spokes(small diamter PVC possibly) and attach a nerf gun(preferrably cock and shoot, and two or more) to each spoke. Have each gun extend just enough so you can grab it's handle and shoot. it.

After the gun is done firing. Let go of the gun and move your hand so that the next gun can be pushed into place. If you want to go even farther with the idea, set up an air powerd system(haven't figure out details yet) so that when a plunger is pushed, the wheel will spin enouugh so that the next gun is in place. You can secure this system by putting a crescent moon shape of placstic (or whatever shape floats your boat) to the plunger and attaching it to an addititinal "arm band". You could either put this on your upper arm or shoulder.

(Spaced so it wasn't a wall o' text)

So, how is the idea? Any and all opinions will be taken as well as any ideas, concepts, corrections, or criticisism(s).

Edited by Natch, 14 January 2006 - 03:45 PM.

#2 Team Slaya

Team Slaya

• Members
  • 615 posts

Posted 14 January 2006 - 06:00 PM

But that would be a lot of work for a sidearm that will probably take up your room for a primary. It would probably be fiddly, too. But, if you'd use it as a primary, it might work.

TS

#3 Forsaken angel24

Forsaken angel24

• Contributors
  • 2,472 posts

Posted 14 January 2006 - 06:23 PM

I think a better idea would be to make the sliding gun bit from the movie taxi driver.
Where it slides out of his sleeve. Just trim down a night finder. The one Robert Deniro used in Taxi driver was homemade so I am sure it is possible.

This way you can have a secondary sidearm on both arms.

Edited by Forsaken_angel24, 14 January 2006 - 06:25 PM.

I don't get my kicks out of you,
I don't feel the way I used to do.
I know its bad,
After what we had,
But I’m just not the angel you knew.

#4 davidbowie

davidbowie

• Members
  • 422 posts

Posted 14 January 2006 - 07:18 PM

That's a really good idea, Forsaken_angel. It would be rather easy to make, too. This past halloween, I made 20 bucks by making a pair of retractable wolverine claws for one of my brother's friends. I made the mechanism out of a pair of very simple drawer slides, strapped to his forearms, with a dent in the end to catch the rollers so they stay out until you push them back in. If I hooked up the same mechanism on the bottom of the arm instead of the top, and made it so the trigger was easily accessible, it would probably work. Practicality might not be so great, however, because they might get kinda cumbersome.
Check out the all-new DBNerf. The source for all your DBNeeds.

#5 Natch

Natch

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 15 January 2006 - 04:21 PM

Thanks for the criticism. I was also think more along the lines of SS2 and other long range pistols. In a war where an unlimited would be allowed, this would be useful. And with this, you could still hold your primary(depending on how you "stock" the wheel and how big/what shape your primary is.). You'd just have to have it between guns.

Edited by Natch, 15 January 2006 - 04:21 PM.

#6 davidbowie

davidbowie

• Members
  • 422 posts

Posted 15 January 2006 - 04:34 PM

pocket shot micros might be better for this purpose.
Check out the all-new DBNerf. The source for all your DBNeeds.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users