Perfecting Ompas Titan Mod.

Perfection.

2 replies to this topic

#1 Forsaken angel24

Forsaken angel24

• Contributors
  • 2,472 posts

Posted 10 January 2006 - 12:27 AM

I went along with ompa's Titan mod and loved everything about it except the stability of the barrel. I am using a 2 foot barrel of pvc that is lined with 9/16" brass. The barrell at that length can be easily moved around in my hand even though it is stuck into the pvc coupler that is in the base of the orange rocket barrel. This was starting to become irritating. In case you havent seen it the mod is here.

So first you take a peice of 1" pvc and cut it down to about 3-4" sand around the outsides of the pvc and sand around the inside of the orange stock titan rocket barrel. Then add the epoxy around the pvc and then slide it into the orange barrel. It should be a perfect fit, if it is not then keep sanding.

Then take this peice from the end of your 1/2" pvc pipe.
Posted Image
now cut about and inch or so off.

sand that little baby evenly around the outsides untill it can fit snugly inside the 1" pvc pipe. Sand down the inside so this pvc ring can slide over 1/2" pvc pipe with little friction.

Now add some epoxy and pop that into place inside the 1" PVC at the very front.

It should now look like this.
Posted Image

This creates perfect stability. The barrel doesnt wobble around and is perfectly straight all the time. Even with a 2' barrel It is straight. Just slide the barrel through the stability piping and pop it into the coupler and your good to go.

None of this would have been possible without Ompas Titan mod. Thanks mate!
I don't get my kicks out of you,
I don't feel the way I used to do.
I know its bad,
After what we had,
But I’m just not the angel you knew.

#2 KirbySaysHi

KirbySaysHi

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 10 January 2006 - 05:51 PM

It has been added! [to the directory]

Copy!
Kids in the backseat cause accidents... Accidents in the backseat cause kids.

#3 ompa

ompa

Introductinator

• Moderators
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 10 January 2006 - 11:23 PM

Nice! I actually just stuck some ring around my barrel which allows it to fit snugly in the Titan barrel... I can't believe I forgot that on the mod, seeing as I did it right away. My apologies. Yours is definately more permanent though, great job.

And note to others; the longer you make such an insert, the easier it'll be (provided it's centered) to thread the barrel into the base coupler.

~ompa

Edited by ompa, 10 January 2006 - 11:50 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users