Artemis Arms Bulldog (nf)

Short range thumper

5 replies to this topic

#1 Starbuck

Starbuck

• Members
  • 304 posts

Posted 09 January 2006 - 07:24 PM

Most Nite Finders that have been modified are chambered for the micro sized dart. I have actually seen none chambered for the heftier mega, but heard of one that does use a Nite Finder chambered for the bigger round. I personally like mega darts in my sidearms as the darts are not easily deterred by wind and packs a considerable punch.

I decided to create a mega dart firing sidearm from one of my 6 Nite Finders. Here is what I did:

First, I disassembled the gun. I removed all the air restrictors just like all other Nite Finder modifications.

Posted Image

Here, I glued together the plunger ring and plunger tube cap.

Next, I glued my ring and cap into the plunger tube. Make absolutely sure that everything is glued in sturdy because this could cause your tube to fail later on after use. I then installed a four inch 1/2" PVC barrel by gluing it tightly to the end of the plunger tube. I then wrapped the barrel in electrical tape just to add security. I also added electrical tape to the barrel for cosmetic reasons.

On the shell of the Nite Finder, I Dremeled off the round barrel holder. You can see the barrel holder Dremeled off in the picture below. Next, I Dremeled out the barrel port (where the barrel comes out of the shell) big enough for my 1/2" PVC. Note, the spring I used for this Nite Finder is from a Tech Target pistol.

Posted Image

Here is the final result:

Posted Image

Range

Ammo: 2" 3/0 weighted mega stefans
Long: 75.4 feet
Short: 59.11 feet
Avg: 65.7 feet

The Artemis Arms Bulldog is an accurate sidearm that is rugged and consistent. The range is not that of a micro firing sidearm, but when does a Nerfer engage a target with his sidearm that would require him to exceed 60 feet? The range is compensated by the wallop of its heavier round and its accuracy.

I'm not taking credit as the first to install a mega dart barrel on to a Nite Finder, but I noticed the lack of a write up. As always, feel free to PM me with questions and comments. I hope you've enjoyed yet another Starbuck/Noid modification.

Edited by Starbuck, 09 January 2006 - 07:27 PM.

Starbuck, The Noid,
Artemis Arms Armory

#2 Rip32

Rip32

• Members
  • 177 posts

Posted 09 January 2006 - 07:32 PM

Wow, that is the best mega stefan mod write-up I have seen. Also to get 75.4, and an average of 65.7 feet with a pvc modded new ed. nf is pretty amazing.

Edited by Rip32, 11 January 2006 - 05:14 PM.

http://www.break.com...iencechild.html
Funniest video ever. This kid needs some serious help

#3 NerfMonkey

NerfMonkey

• Members
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 09 January 2006 - 07:39 PM

How did you get those ranges? My impression of the TTG spring is that it's not that much tougher than that of the NF. I tried a PVC mod on my NF with the stock spring and got about 10' flat. I don't see how you're achieving these ranges.

Rip32, it's a new edition, not an old edition.

EDIT: My mod was done with the old edition spring, not the new edition.

Edited by NerfMonkey, 09 January 2006 - 07:39 PM.

SexD Warves

#4 Starbuck

Starbuck

• Members
  • 304 posts

Posted 09 January 2006 - 08:01 PM

I was about to say... Tech Target springs, the one that is nice and fat and chrome, is a nice stock spring. I have a broken TT so I used that in the new Nite Finder. The new NF springs are quite flimsy in my opinion. But notice, I'm consistently hitting the 60s, not the 70s everytime. Look at its average.

Thanks for your compliments.

Edited by Starbuck, 09 January 2006 - 08:03 PM.

Starbuck, The Noid,
Artemis Arms Armory

#5 NerfMonkey

NerfMonkey

• Members
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 09 January 2006 - 08:25 PM

I realize that. But 10' less isn't much when I'm saying that mine got only 10' flat. I'm not doubting your ranges, just wondering how you did it. I'll try replacing my NF spring with a TTG spring and tell you how it goes with CPVC and micro Stefans.
SexD Warves

#6 KirbySaysHi

KirbySaysHi

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 10 January 2006 - 05:41 PM

Well this goes in the write-up directory... Nice write-up!

I also eagerly anticipate NerfMonkey's results of his experiment. I'd try it myself, but pretty much the entire town of Appleton, WI, is out of Nite Finders.

Copy!
Kids in the backseat cause accidents... Accidents in the backseat cause kids.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users