Colored Stefans

a long shot.

15 replies to this topic

#1 Forsaken angel24

Forsaken angel24

• Contributors
  • 2,472 posts

Posted 06 January 2006 - 12:33 AM

Ok so I called/E-mailed around the world to all these different companies about colored FBR. Since Shortshit was so shady about how he aquired his Pink Fbr. I found a company and possibly the company he got it from. I sent them a couple E-mails and this is what I got back:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
have read your request below..
-min. order value on a custom product $5000.00
-colours available.. white, black, grey, blue, green, orange, yellow,
purple, pink
min. order value applies per colour
-money order or credit card is fine- required prior to production.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am going to get back to them soon.
This one part needs clarifying though.
"-min. order value on a custom product $5000.00"
"min. order value applies per colour"

Maybe some colors might be cheaper.

I dont know about you guys but I would love to have some colored FBR. I have tried alot of things Bleach,hair dye and more to the stefans and leaving them for days but nothing happens.

I call out to the Worldwide Nerfing community for help. Is it possible we can all pool our cash together and make an order. Can we send the money to a trusted member of the NIC? Has anything like this ever been done before?

Also If we could get a color out of those which one would you choose? (I would love green :P )

Which member of the NIC would you say is the most trustable with money?
I don't get my kicks out of you,
I don't feel the way I used to do.
I know its bad,
After what we had,
But I’m just not the angel you knew.

#2 Black Wrath

Black Wrath

• Members
  • 1,071 posts

Posted 06 January 2006 - 01:22 AM

I am going to get back to them soon.
This one part needs clarifying though.
"-min. order value on a custom product $5000.00"
"min. order value applies per colour"

Maybe some colors might be cheaper.

They mean that you can't get two colours with the same $5000 order. That pretty much should sum it up.

If you want two colours, you best have $10,000 handy.

So yeah, I have a strong feeling that that is what they mean. A colour shouldn't affect the price unless it's something extraordinary like metallic-pink with black stripes through it.
Xx_Black-Wrath_xX of The Canadian Foam Militia

Not in the game anymore, but it was great while it lasted. Thanks for the great years of fun, NH!
--
Resident "Spawn of Talio"

#3 NinjZ

NinjZ

• Members
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 06 January 2006 - 01:31 AM

They also mean the minimum order is $5000 worth of FBR. As in, you cant just order $5 worth for testing. $5000 ormore but no less.

#4 Forsaken angel24

Forsaken angel24

• Contributors
  • 2,472 posts

Posted 06 January 2006 - 01:35 AM

They also mean the minimum order is $5000 worth of FBR. As in, you cant just order $5 worth for testing. $5000 ormore but no less.

Oh I understand what a minimum order means.

Black wrath, thanks for clearing that color thing up.

What do you guys think of the order though? Can it be done? Who is the most trustworthy? What color would you guys want? (vote green!)

Edited by Forsaken_angel24, 06 January 2006 - 01:38 AM.

I know its bad,
After what we had,

#5 Black Wrath

Black Wrath

• Members
  • 1,071 posts

Posted 06 January 2006 - 01:40 AM

Although I'm not very interested, I would say an orange is the least organic of all the colours. They went with pink for Short-shit's because it was easy to spot on grass and pavement. Even though green is the best colour out there, try spotting it in a field, or a forest.

I would never send $300 out to anyone over the internet, no matter how trustworthy they say they are. I not only worry about them, but also the postal system. Alot can happen over 7000km.

I believe there may be trustworthy members of this site, but it's still not in my best interests to throw money at them.

Good luck with this and all. Unless you can pay the $5k yourself, and let others buy from you, I can't let myself in on this.
Xx_Black-Wrath_xX of The Canadian Foam Militia

Not in the game anymore, but it was great while it lasted. Thanks for the great years of fun, NH!
--
Resident "Spawn of Talio"

#6 The Infinite Shindig

The Infinite Shindig

Arma-what-now?

• Contributors
  • 1,383 posts

Posted 06 January 2006 - 07:01 AM

I'll probably get flamed for this (because I did the last time), but you can get pink FBR at any Leslie's Pool Supplies. They should have a monster roll of it in the back and it is 5/8" in diameter. If they don't understand what you mean, then tell them you want the foam insulation that is installed between concrete pads of an inground pool. The foam is put down first, then the white chaulk (or whatever that stuff is) is inserted above it.

The material didn't work well in the type of barrels we were using at the time, but I think the old adage of bring your foam with you when purchasing barrel material.

If any of this doesn't make sense, please forgive. I am currently working on high dosages of the dayquil/nyquil combo.
Shindig of the Lawn Chair Mafia

<a href="http://www.albinobla.../flash/posting" target="_blank">Posting and You</a>

#7 hoshiadam

hoshiadam

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 06 January 2006 - 10:04 AM

It looks like FBR is used in log home construction also. This site has white FBR available in 10' lengths, 3/8", 1/2", and 5/8".

Adam

Edited by hoshiadam, 06 January 2006 - 10:05 AM.

#8 cxwq

cxwq

• Founders
  • 3,634 posts

Posted 06 January 2006 - 11:24 AM

There are loads of people in the community I would trust with my money, but those are mostly people I have met in person. Vacc, Spoon, Groove, etc. If I hadn't met any of those guys, I'd probably trust Piney the most.

That said, there is no way you're going to scrape up a $5k order, it's just too much. You'd be lucky to get 5 people who would spend $100 for FBR, let alone 50. I have only had two or three people ever show interest in fronting a couple hundred to distribute PETG and there was a profit motive there! If this went through, there'd be no profit motive because the market would be flooded with all the other folks who got in on the order.

For what it's worth, I have the remainder of Zack's pink foam shipment - several hundred feet at least - and would be willing to sell some to people if there is interest.
<meta name="cxwq" content="mostly water">

#9 Forsaken angel24

Forsaken angel24

• Contributors
  • 2,472 posts

Posted 06 January 2006 - 11:36 AM

Unless you can pay the $5k yourself, and let others buy from you

I would be more than happy to do this is if I had the cash and just sell it over the next year or so over Nerf haven and ebay. I would feel pretty confident in the purchase and knowing that I would sell all of it. Do we have like a "Richie Rich" nerfer in the community?

Edited by Forsaken_angel24, 06 January 2006 - 11:37 AM.

I know its bad,
After what we had,

#10 ShortShit

ShortShit

• Members
  • 452 posts

Posted 06 January 2006 - 04:00 PM

Since Shortshit was so shady about how he aquired his Pink Fbr.

Me? .... .. Shady? .. ... :D heh.
~SS

#11 LastManAlive

LastManAlive

• Members
  • 686 posts

Posted 06 January 2006 - 04:37 PM

My uncle and father (sometimes) have a wayt to get white FBR. It is a tight in CPVC, but is loose in copper by about 1/32nd or so. Perfect blow gun material. I have about 60 1 inch peices left, and Sinfil should know what I am talkign about. I might try and have my uncle or father pick a roll up (the big spool of it that is like 1000 feet long or something) and bring it to me on either one of their next trips. They can also get grey and sometimes black stuff, but it real flimsee (SP?) and isn't good for darts. I use it for straps sometimes.
He came, He saw, and he conquered... But where did everyone go?

#12 Forsaken angel24

Forsaken angel24

• Contributors
  • 2,472 posts

Posted 16 January 2006 - 02:44 AM

For what it's worth, I have the remainder of Zack's pink foam shipment - several hundred feet at least - and would be willing to sell some to people if there is interest.

Cxwq I am very interested in purchasing red Fbr. Pm me please.

Edited by Forsaken_angel24, 16 January 2006 - 02:44 AM.

I know its bad,
After what we had,

#13 Falcon

Falcon

Velcro'd Beanpole

• Members
  • 1,375 posts

Posted 16 January 2006 - 12:09 PM

Baghead uses white FBR almost exclusively. If you want to look into that, contact him, because it's reasonably priced.

Dying FBR won't work if it's the standard grey. However, dying white FBR might show more positive results. I know the FBR he gets is reasonably priced. Ask him about it.

If it was cheaper, I'd be all over that orange stuff. Converting Dart Tag stock darts into stefans works amazingly well in 17/32" brass, but it's expensive as hell...
----------||||||||)
QUOTE(Ilùvatar @ 0000) View Post
Of the theme that I have declared to you, I will now that ye make in harmony together a Great Music.

#14 baghead

baghead

Cheetos

• Members
  • 1,366 posts

Posted 16 January 2006 - 01:12 PM

Baghead uses white FBR almost exclusively. If you want to look into that, contact him, because it's reasonably priced.

Dying FBR won't work if it's the standard grey. However, dying white FBR might show more positive results. I know the FBR he gets is reasonably priced. Ask him about it.

If it was cheaper, I'd be all over that orange stuff. Converting Dart Tag stock darts into stefans works amazingly well in 17/32" brass, but it's expensive as hell...

I get My white FBR form the site that was posted earlier: www.AlogHomestore.com

And they'll sell you any length you want, it's just priced per $2.50 per 10 feet, and the shipping is about $5 per 100 feet. yeah, it's more expensive than going to the hardware store, but it's insanely durable and extreemly easy to find. The Last order I made was for 100 feet and it came in two 50-foot rolls.

I'm planning to see if they'll sell me a spool at a discounted price, if anyone's intrested in going in on it PM me soon.

-bags

Don't call it a comeback, I never left.

#15 Forsaken angel24

Forsaken angel24

• Contributors
  • 2,472 posts

Posted 16 January 2006 - 04:45 PM

I already got 30 feet in the mail a week ago. This stuff is more durable. Its fits 9/16" brass alot better. It is the Whitest of white, none of that offwhite sheiza. THis stuff is stronger I cant roll it into a little ball with two fingers like I could the grey stuff.

One complaint is that sometimes I find little foam pimples. I just cut around them but I never had those with the grey foam.

My last complaint is that because the foam is tougher it is harder to burn a smooth looking hole in the back. I can burn a hole in the front and kinda force the weight in there and then glue it. The back however doesnt burn clean. It makes a hard plastic scab almost.

I like this stuff alot better and suggest that everyone uses it for high power guns and guns where you would normally lose alot of ammo. Hell, I reccomend everyone uses it for every gun.

Edited by Forsaken_angel24, 16 January 2006 - 04:47 PM.

I know its bad,
After what we had,

#16 baghead

baghead

Cheetos

• Members
  • 1,366 posts

Posted 16 January 2006 - 07:35 PM

The best way to work with the White FBR is to use a HighTemp Hot Glue gun, That's something I learned VERY quickly.

-bags

Don't call it a comeback, I never left.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users