Remapping Peripherals

free programs

2 replies to this topic

#1 GeneralPrimevil

GeneralPrimevil

• Members
  • 578 posts

Posted 03 January 2006 - 04:55 PM

As I was searching the web for software which allows the user to remap their joystick to have its inputs be recognized as a keyboard's, I realized that there are too many programs. If anyone has a recommendation as to what I should get in order to use my joystick for Wolfenstein: ET I would be greatly appreciated if they were to share it. I was thinking maybe JoyMouse. Does anyone have any experience with this software?

<EDIT> I had a feeling this was goin to be a dead topic. </EDIT>

Edited by GeneralPrimevil, 06 January 2006 - 06:51 AM.

"Fear the man with one gun, for he probably knows how to use it."

#2 PenguinCommando

PenguinCommando

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 18 January 2006 - 02:59 PM

This is sort of off topic, but wouldn't it be cool if they made keyboards with built in joysticks. that would come with a CD that you could plug into your comp and use it to program the joystick to press keys. Even a D-Pad would be nice. I also play Wolfenstien: ET, are you into base race? whats your favorite server?
Posted Image

#3 GeneralPrimevil

GeneralPrimevil

• Members
  • 578 posts

Posted 04 February 2006 - 12:33 PM

Wow, umm, perhaps I should read the boards more often.

No, your response was not off topic, it was relatively close to what I was talking about. The Nostromo N52 speedpad has a built in d-pad. It also has two rows of five keys and a row of four with a scroll wheel. Then there is a key and a button for the thumb (which also has the directional pad). I play on two servers, one which is xpsave.cfg and another which I pwn with the Garand on. PX is the first (XPS) server, IP 208.53.138.5, and the second is 64.247.16.8. Both have mods which are ETPub. I like the PX server because its administrators are like NerfHaven. I have tried very few base race style maps. I like campaign more.

I have made several of my local friends get ET for the express use at LAN parties. Funny thing ise, the ded-server for ET runs at 600mhz and with only 256mb RAM. Quite pathetic, but it gets the job done. Currently, I am making a new computer with 800mhz and 2gb RAM. Once that is completed, the new ded-server we will be using has dual 700mhz processors and a gig of memory dispersed among eight ports. The new one will also be at 1000mbps LAN upload speed, instead of 100 megs for the current. We are all pitching in for a new switch.
"Fear the man with one gun, for he probably knows how to use it."

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users