R.b.s.

Renegade Barrel System

7 replies to this topic

#1 Renegade

Renegade

• Members
  • 536 posts

Posted 29 December 2005 - 10:56 PM

This is a very simple barrel modification that can increase RoF, allow you to switch between a shotgun blast and single dart shot, or shoot 2 barrels at once. It attatches to a 1/2 PVC coupler.

Someone coming at you and you have a single shot gun. What if they dodge it? Close the top ball valve, open the bottom one, which you have filled with MANY stefans, and let em have it. This mod will allow you to increase RoF and have 2 good single shot's, or switch to the second barrel filled with shotgun stefans, and stop a charge or fend off multiple enemy's. Could save the life of a so-called Nerf sn¡per, could even hold off an ambush. Even though sn¡pers don't really exsist in Nerf.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

The same concept could be used with CPVC.

The design is simple enough that no write-up is neccisary.

Edited by Renegade, 29 December 2005 - 11:20 PM.

#2 Enigma1313

Enigma1313

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 29 December 2005 - 11:32 PM

Hmm..pretty nifty Idea...so simple...but so ingenius. ITs got some potential on numerous guns. Does it effect ranges at all?
"Excellence over Compassion. Hatred over Foregiveness. Dedication before Forfeit. So is the way of the Enigma."
-Excerpt from the Preamble of the Enigma Code.

#3 NerfMonkey

NerfMonkey

• Members
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 29 December 2005 - 11:36 PM

Glad you actually did this Ren. I was thinking about it but didn't think it would be effective on anything less powerful than a 2k. Good to see.
SexD Warves

#4 Renegade

Renegade

• Members
  • 536 posts

Posted 01 January 2006 - 02:10 PM

This shouldn't sacrifice more than 5 feet tops range. It'd lose about as much range as an R.S.C.B. Barrel Assembly Modded gun. This R.B.S. should work best on air pump guns, but may work with a large air volume springer.

#5 NerfMonkey

NerfMonkey

• Members
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 01 January 2006 - 03:34 PM

Works fine on my Maxshot. Even with both barrels wide open it still gets good range.
SexD Warves

#6 baghead

baghead

Cheetos

• Members
  • 1,366 posts

Posted 01 January 2006 - 10:09 PM

I like the concept, but it seems like it would be a bit bulky having all that pvc on the front of one's gun. But that's just one guy's opinion. I may work on a variant of this that involves my UBS, and i'll call it The R-UBS or something...

-bags

Edited by baghead, 01 January 2006 - 10:10 PM.

Don't call it a comeback, I never left.

#7 NerfMonkey

NerfMonkey

• Members
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 01 January 2006 - 10:28 PM

Haha, the Rubs. Don't know why that struck me as funny, it just did. Rubs...

Anyway, yes it's a bit bulky, I don't plan on using it, but I suppose if you had some cover of some sort, a teammate or otherwise, it could be useful. Maybe.
SexD Warves

#8 Renegade

Renegade

• Members
  • 536 posts

Posted 01 January 2006 - 11:42 PM

Due to it's size, I may use some CPVC, since it should me smaller and more manageable. The size right now doesn't bother me, but a little less bulky with CPVC sounds good.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users