Sharpshooter 1 Mod

help needed

4 replies to this topic

#1 Gimli

Gimli

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 19 January 2006 - 11:40 PM

I modded one of my old sharpshooters as its range was only about 15 feet max. I used this mod: http://nerfhaven.com...wtopic=4511&hl=

I only use stock micro darts, no stefans.
I used 1/2'' CPVC for the mod.

Posted Image

Because only the foam of stock micros fits in 1/2 CPVC, the rubber is left out of the barrel, obviously.

Posted Image

It averages about 55 feet angled now. Nothing spectacular, but much better than before.

My question is, if I used 1/2'' PVC, instead of CPVC, thus allowing me to stick the entire stock micro into the barrel, would I get better range? Is having the entire dart in the barrel better than having just the foam, provided they both have tight seals? I'm thinking the results would be negligible, but you guys know much more than me.
Sorry to sound n00bish, but I appreciate any responses.

#2 J cobbers

J cobbers

• Members
  • 586 posts

Posted 20 January 2006 - 08:29 PM

Cpvc is a better barrel choice for your situation. 1/2inch PVC will fit the dart more loosely and prevent pressure from building up. It also has a larger volume to length ratio and CPVC, meaning the pressure that is released would be lower, even if the dart fits all the way down the barrel.

53 feet with a slight angle from a Sharp Shooter is a respectable distance. You've done just fine. Your next step is to learn to make stephan darts, and use those instead of stock darts. Because stephans don't have a suction cup you'll be able to push them farther down the barrel and get better ranges.

Don't forget to eat your meat based vegetable substitute children.

#3 Gimli

Gimli

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 January 2006 - 09:03 PM

Thanks for the response.

#4 Starbuck

Starbuck

• Members
  • 304 posts

Posted 21 January 2006 - 12:00 AM

I'm glad you used my mod. You need to make some Stefans, bro. I used 1.5" 3/0 weighted Stefans in my pistol to test it. Make sure that there is no air escaping and everything is secure. These pistols really aren't thumpers, so 53 feet with a stock dart is really good. You'll get a lot better results with Stefans. If you have any more questions, feel free to PM me.
Starbuck, The Noid,
Artemis Arms Armory

#5 euphemism

euphemism

• Members
  • 262 posts

Posted 21 January 2006 - 06:23 PM

If you are concerned about getting a seal with the tip try putting some 1/2" PVC over the CPVC, thought you may need to sand it a little bit where it is meant to attach.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users