Blood tears follow

10 replies to this topic

#1 Forsaken angel24

Forsaken angel24

• Contributors
  • 2,472 posts

Posted 02 January 2006 - 01:41 PM

Ruffstuff Safe Darts:

I remember seeing a thread where some nerfers dad wouldn't let him use metal in his darts. This is here to solve that problem. This will only work with Ruff stuff darts as they have a thick and heavier tip. Ok first you need to go out and buy a really cheap pack of darts. Oh yeah and somehow a Guiness bottle got in there too.
Posted Image

Then you open it up and pull out one of these guys.
Posted Image

Then you take out a small pair of bathroom scissors and cut off the rubber ring/skirt around the dart so it kinda looks like this.
Posted Image

Now cut around the suction cup in a circular fashion trying to leave a bit of a dome.
Posted Image

The head should now look like this.
Posted Image

There you have it you have just made a safe dart with no metal or anything. I was making these before I made stefans. They work well but not as good as a stefan. The purple head will fall off if fired out of a high powered gun enough times. These darts are better than stock because you can ram them down the barrell. They are less accurate than a stefan though. To make a Blood tear then keep following my instructions.

Blood Tears:

Whip out the exacto knife or scissors and cut the foam like so. This will give you foam to make more asshole darts. All we need is the head to make Blood tears. When you make the cut be sure to leave a little yellow foam on there too.
Posted Image

Now take some electrical tape and find that magical length that makes them fit in your desired barrel. Choose a color that is easy to find because these suckers are little. Now wrap the tape around and cut off the excess tape that is acting like a skirt at the bottom of the dart and bam you got a Blood tear.
Posted Image

Blood tears are an amazing shotgun dart. They have no weights, which means no risk of weight flying out. If you find your Blood tears are sticking together in the air, then add a small dome of hotglue to the top of the dart to prevent them from touching in the barrel. These guys are best loaded when they are pushed all the way down the barrell one at a time. This prevents sticking. Ranges are good I can get a good 3-5 foot spray with 8-9 Blood tears at 45 feet with a BB. I can hit someone in the chest at 45 feet flat. Probably further too but I did that test inside and my rooms are only so big.

Questions,comments welcome.

Edited by Forsaken_angel24, 02 January 2006 - 03:03 PM.

I don't get my kicks out of you,
I don't feel the way I used to do.
I know its bad,
After what we had,
But I’m just not the angel you knew.

#2 WratH

WratH

• Members
  • 388 posts

Posted 02 January 2006 - 02:29 PM

Excellent job, I am definitely doing this.
Death be not proud. Though some have called the mighty and dreadful... Thou art not so.

#3 Rip32

Rip32

• Members
  • 177 posts

Posted 02 January 2006 - 04:55 PM

Pretty sweet.
http://www.break.com...iencechild.html
Funniest video ever. This kid needs some serious help

#4 nerfrocks BANNED

nerfrocks BANNED

• Banned
  • 20 posts

Posted 03 January 2006 - 12:00 PM

i bought 25 packs of those ruffstuff darts lol

#5 Starbuck

Starbuck

• Members
  • 304 posts

Posted 04 January 2006 - 06:36 PM

Yeah, I've been doing this for a while. They shoot pretty good. I've always called them "Royal Flyers." Don't ask where the name comes from...

But, anyway, they shoot great in brass barrels.

Edited by Starbuck, 04 January 2006 - 06:36 PM.

Starbuck, The Noid,
Artemis Arms Armory

#6 Sanityjr

Sanityjr

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 05 January 2006 - 04:34 PM

Before I read your post, I bought some 5/8" FBR from homedepot to try and make my own stefans. Well I only have one gun that uses megas, so I had a good idea to make 1 inch long stefans to try and see if they would fit in any guns. Well 1 inch stefans work perfectly in the maverick and the firefly. You just have to stuff them in a little. They go about 10 feet farther on both of my guns because they fit better. There is only one problem with them though. You have to mod the guns beforehand and take out the pegs before using them, just like any other homemade. I think I'll call them magnum darts because they are bigger than stock darts around the middle. Just like magnums are a general term for a gun with overpowered bullets.

Edited by Sanityjr, 05 January 2006 - 04:36 PM.

#7 WratH

WratH

• Members
  • 388 posts

Posted 05 January 2006 - 11:08 PM

What did that have to do with ruff stuff safe darts?
Death be not proud. Though some have called the mighty and dreadful... Thou art not so.

#8 Sanityjr

Sanityjr

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 06 January 2006 - 04:37 PM

Sorry if that seemed odd for me to write that in this topic but it kind of went along with the whole blood tears, because my concept was kind of similar. They both are small and you have to pack it into the barrel because of the tight fit I guess. Sorry if you didn't think it was relevant to the topic.

#9 Forsaken angel24

Forsaken angel24

• Contributors
  • 2,472 posts

Posted 06 January 2006 - 06:08 PM

Blood tears can be either tight or loose. I make mine so they are not a tight fit but there is just enough tightness so they dont fall out of the barrell.
I know its bad,
After what we had,

#10 SirTofu

SirTofu

• Members
  • 424 posts

Posted 21 January 2006 - 11:35 AM

Sorry for necroing, but is the only place you can find these refills at walmart?
Thanks.

Edited by SirTofu, 21 January 2006 - 11:35 AM.

Nobody online Nerfs in the SE :(

#11 Forsaken angel24

Forsaken angel24

• Contributors
  • 2,472 posts

Posted 21 January 2006 - 08:40 PM

I got the 16 packs at walmart. I have only seen them there.
I know its bad,
After what we had,

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users