Photo

Razorbeast?

10 replies to this topic

#1 rotoryfan

rotoryfan

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 20 February 2006 - 01:08 AM

hey, fellow nerfers anyone have a chain fed gun, particularly a razorbeast.

i nerf with teams upwards of five, i have a tripod, and there is a spot at the nerfing grounds that i use perfect for a gatling gun. do the math, and you'll find that with an extended chain, i could wreck anyone that passes by with a gun like this.

and uhhh, while the topic is open, what does everyone think about these chain-fed guns?
razorbeast,
Your member account at NerfHaven has been temporarily suspended.  Your account will not be functional until Jun 23 2033, 10:41 AM (depending on your timezone). This is an automated process and you do not need to do anything to expediate the unsuspension process.

Awsome.

#2 techtargetmaster

techtargetmaster

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 20 February 2006 - 09:25 AM

I would go for a rototrack or a chainblazer. Less tendancy to jam. :lol:
Oh my god, they killed kenny!

QUOTE: ("LDM")
I prefer Nerf guns.

#3 SG Pilot

SG Pilot

• Members
  • 281 posts

Posted 20 February 2006 - 11:51 AM

NHQ mod on Razorbeast right here. By Starbuck.

Reviews on Chainblazer and RotoTrack in stock form.

One of my firends actually has a Razorbeast, but he doesn't use it use he doesn't really care about nerf guns at all. It also was missing the chain part to it so I didn't really know much about it at all. I didn't even know it was a nerf gun then! NC reviews here. But because these guns are reviewed in stock form, if you modify them and such, they will be more practical to use in a war. As you saw in Starbuck's mod, he was able to get the Razorbeast's range up to 60 feet! Obviously modding any gun will make it better to use :(

Edited by SG Pilot, 20 February 2006 - 12:05 PM.

QUOTE(VACC @ Oct 9 2009, 04:45 AM) View Post

I know, I HATE toy guns that are made for little kids!

#4 rotoryfan

rotoryfan

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 20 February 2006 - 07:18 PM

the reason why i want a razor beast is because i'm lefty, and the rototrack does not suit me for that reason. i don't know about the chainblazer, but it doesn't seem as comfortable, and accuracy isn't a problem; I'm going to mount it on a tripod.

once again though, anyone know where i could actually buy one, along with extra chains?

~EDIT~ after looking closely at it, i can't tell which side the crank is on the rototrack. ...AHA! it is on the right side. that's good.

but still, where can i get exetra chain sections? not finding them on ebay. if anyone has a chain-fed gun, i might be willing to buy it; its a great alternative to a RF20, and is potentialy better

Edited by rotoryfan, 21 February 2006 - 12:59 AM.

razorbeast,
Your member account at NerfHaven has been temporarily suspended.  Your account will not be functional until Jun 23 2033, 10:41 AM (depending on your timezone). This is an automated process and you do not need to do anything to expediate the unsuspension process.

Awsome.

#5 SG Pilot

SG Pilot

• Members
  • 281 posts

Posted 21 February 2006 - 12:04 AM

Look on Ebay, things come up there a lot. In fact, I see a Razorbeast there right now.
QUOTE(VACC @ Oct 9 2009, 04:45 AM) View Post

I know, I HATE toy guns that are made for little kids!

#6 last man standin

last man standin

• Members
  • 299 posts

Posted 22 February 2006 - 06:18 PM

And in my opinion, the razorbeast is designed better to be a gatling gun, what with the crank and all
Black Masks & Gasoline

#7 TED

TED

In Brightest Prawn, in Darkest Shrimp...

• Administrators
  • 1,339 posts

Posted 22 February 2006 - 07:08 PM

I have a razorbeast it's stock and would come with 3 chain links.
Star Wars can go fuck itself.

#8 spaceman

spaceman

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 23 February 2006 - 05:38 PM

I was actually bidding on that razorbeast, but I don't want to pay $50 for the thing.

Rotoryfan, if you don't get Dark Shrimp's, then I'll take a look. Having a mounted gatling-gun with the anti-jam mod would be incredible. If you do get it, good luck with the mods and have fun!
-Brad

#9 rotoryfan

rotoryfan

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 26 February 2006 - 12:01 AM

that's exactly my point. thanks for the opinions and such! maybe with this topic, people can list all the mods they know, and this (stock) crappy gattling gun can be truly a beast, and live up to its name. i'd like for people to understand how great this gun could be, and to fix them up. hell, if enough people started using these, maybe nerf would take notice, as with the new magstrike and such, and start making chain-guns again, but with better quallity, micro capability, and a smoother feed (no jamming) ...and maybe extra belts, if they're not lazy.

it probably won't happen, but that'd be great. seeing as nerf already figured out that a bipod is good, imagine what they'd do with these.

~rotoryfan
razorbeast,

Awsome.

#10 munson20

munson20

• Members
  • 194 posts

Posted 26 February 2006 - 08:51 PM

i heard that there was a gatling gun rotorbeast that actually shot full auto and there is a video of this? if so, will someone please give me the link?
In war, one death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic...

I know not what WWIII wil be fought with; however, WWIV will be fought with sticks and stones...

#11 rotoryfan

rotoryfan

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 26 February 2006 - 10:48 PM

its not a .vid, but check this if its what you're talking about
razorbeast,

Awsome.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users