#1 baghead

baghead

Cheetos

• Members
  • 1,366 posts
  • State:California
  • Mad Artisan Labs on Youtube

Posted 31 December 2005 - 11:06 PM

Hey Y'all I'm still modding like a madman getting ready for NWC-1 and here's three NEWLY modded guns in my arsenal, and stuff. Not much on write-ups, just pics of the completed mods. Sorry if some of the pics are a little blury, I'm not used to my new camera yet...

One of the most complex and Versatile Mods in my collection: The Five-use Titan!
Posted Image

The barrel Attachments either slide over the crayola barrel or screw onto the stock Titan threads. The Quad Shotgun Barrel is just half a 2K turret glued/taped to a Shortened Titan Barrel. The Arrow/Mega Dart Attachment is made from a nub of 1/2in PVC and an AT2K Pump Tube. I had an excess of Pink Duct Tape after christmas, because I made my GF a purse, and it makes for a nice contrast and outlandishness, and has prompted me to nickname it the Pink Terror.

Something I've been meaning to do for a while: My Clip-Modded Wildfire.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

This was really difficult, I had to carefuly cut the opening with an x-acto knife.
Clips change in/out smoothly after a little pratice. I mean to go back and someday make an airtank backpack for this badboy, but that is sometime in the future... eventualy I'll Re-paint it too.

And last but not least, Just more spur of the moment: My Semi-2k

Posted Image

It's not anything all that original, Just an RF20 Bladder on a 2k and it's one of the uglyiest mods I've done, but this badboy performs beautifuly, the 4 glued-in UBS barrels help it shoot similar to good ol' doomcookie...

Hope ya like.

-bags

Edited by baghead, 01 January 2006 - 04:00 PM.

Don't call it a comeback, I never left.

#2 NerfMonkey

NerfMonkey

• Members
  • 1,821 posts
  • State:Virginia

Posted 31 December 2005 - 11:30 PM

Sorry my slowness kept your WF mod delayed Bags. By the way, is that one of my turrets and Titan barrel in those pictures?

Nice job on all the mods, glad to see my parts are finally being used. I love the WF clip mod. Sexy.
SexD Warves

#3 baghead

baghead

Cheetos

• Members
  • 1,366 posts

Posted 31 December 2005 - 11:32 PM

Sorry my slowness kept your WF mod delayed Bags. By the way, is that one of my turrets and Titan barrel in those pictures?

Nice job on all the mods, glad to see my parts are finally being used. I love the WF clip mod. Sexy.

Yes, The Titan Barrel That Has A 2k Turret glued on it was yours, and one of the red turrets on the WF.

I'd Always seen Clip mods on the RF20, but i liked the WF more, so i did one on it instead.

#4 Rip32

Rip32

• Members
  • 177 posts

Posted 01 January 2006 - 03:07 AM

All are your mods are really tight, and well done. The Titan is my favorite out of the three. I like its colors and different barrels. The ranges for your Titan and at2k must be sick.
http://www.break.com...iencechild.html
Funniest video ever. This kid needs some serious help

#5 baghead

baghead

Cheetos

• Members
  • 1,366 posts

Posted 01 January 2006 - 01:38 PM

I haven't done any conclusive range tests yet, but the titan tends to overpower micros, and i haven't quite figured out the number of pumps to change that.

#6 Forsaken angel24

Forsaken angel24

• Contributors
  • 2,471 posts

Posted 01 January 2006 - 03:23 PM

I really like the Wildfire! I like the interchangable turrets and love the look of the painted turrets. Does the paint affect the smoothness of the rotation or not? I love the idea of the back pack too.

Edited by Forsaken_angel24, 01 January 2006 - 03:23 PM.

I don't get my kicks out of you,
I don't feel the way I used to do.
I know its bad,
After what we had,
But Iím just not the angel you knew.

#7 baghead

baghead

Cheetos

• Members
  • 1,366 posts

Posted 01 January 2006 - 03:57 PM

No, The Paint doesn't affect the rotation at all, that's mainly because i only painted the barrels, i just got the other three RF20 turrets and haven't had a chance to paint them yet, It takes several coats of fusion because of the slick, glossy, and oily nature of the turrets.

I'm not particularly proud of any of these paintjobs, they're just Fusion Royal blue. I had to damage the Wildfire's inorder to cut the opening for the clip, I intend to do more to it someday.

#8 Ronster

Ronster

• Members
  • 528 posts

Posted 01 January 2006 - 06:56 PM

How many pumps does it take to prime it enough for all four semi-auto shots on the semi 2k?
-I Nerf, there for I am.

QUOTE(baghead @ Oct 25 2006, 09:55 AM) View Post
Ronster reminded me that I should have warned you all Prepare your Bladder for Imminent Release!!!!

#9 baghead

baghead

Cheetos

• Members
  • 1,366 posts

Posted 01 January 2006 - 09:12 PM

How many pumps does it take to prime it enough for all four semi-auto shots on the semi 2k?

it takes almost 60, but that goes by suprisingly fast, in fact, I never bothered to count untill you asked.
And I can only pull off all four shots if i tap the trigger verry lightly. I made the Semi-2k more out of the fact that i had an extra 2k and an RF20 bladder just sitting there at the time, it turned out extreemly well and i look forward to using it.

-bags

Edited by baghead, 01 January 2006 - 09:13 PM.

#10 chris

chris

• Members
  • 87 posts

Posted 01 January 2006 - 11:06 PM

Dude, did you really buy 5 WF's or RF's?

- Still, l like the inter-changeable clips.

#11 Paloose

Paloose

• Members
  • 143 posts
  • State:Michigan

Posted 02 January 2006 - 07:43 AM

The 5 use Titan kind of reminds me of the sm5k, where it can fire different types of ammo by swapping out barrels.

Edited by Paloose, 02 January 2006 - 07:45 AM.

#12 LastManAlive

LastManAlive

• Members
  • 686 posts

Posted 02 January 2006 - 11:08 AM

Dude, did you really buy 5 WF's or RF's?

You need to read.

Nerforbust said he gave him one in some kind of trade or soemthing. I assume he got the rest from spare guns and other trades for turrets from other people.
He came, He saw, and he conquered... But where did everyone go?

#13 baghead

baghead

Cheetos

• Members
  • 1,366 posts

Posted 02 January 2006 - 01:51 PM

Dude, did you really buy 5 WF's or RF's?†

I bought 1 WF and 1 RF20, scraped the Rf20 for parts, because I fucked up modding it, and bought 3 extra turrets on the forums.

The 5 use Titan kind of reminds me of the sm5k, where it can fire different types of ammo by swapping out barrels.

That Was The general Concept behind it, i wanted to make it versatile.

Dude, did you really buy 5 WF's or RF's?†

You need to read.

Nerforbust said he gave him one in some kind of trade or soemthing. I assume he got the rest from spare guns and other trades for turrets from other people.

Oh sweet irony...telling someone to read when you can't use the correct name of the member who posted the first response of this thread for your example... NerfMonkey Sold me One rf20 turret and one Titan Barrel.

-bags

Edited by baghead, 02 January 2006 - 01:54 PM.

#14 Forsaken angel24

Forsaken angel24

• Contributors
  • 2,471 posts

Posted 03 January 2006 - 01:16 PM

Clips change in/out smoothly after a little pratice. I mean to go back and someday make an airtank backpack for this badboy, but that is sometime in the future...

Do you think this can be done with heavy duty bicycle tubing? If not what else might work? a balloon would be awesome if it didnt break so easily and was alot thicker. Where can a person find larger bladders?
I don't get my kicks out of you,
I don't feel the way I used to do.
I know its bad,
After what we had,
But Iím just not the angel you knew.

#15 baghead

baghead

Cheetos

• Members
  • 1,366 posts

Posted 03 January 2006 - 02:03 PM

Clips change in/out smoothly after a little pratice. I mean to go back and someday make an airtank backpack for this badboy, but that is sometime in the future...

Do you think this can be done with heavy duty bicycle tubing? If not what else might work? a balloon would be awesome if it didnt break so easily and was alot thicker. Where can a person find larger bladders?

you could try a Tire innertube or something i guess...

I was thinking more along the lines of a big PVC airtaink with a small air hose as to keep the airflow fairly slow and regulated, and maybe putting on a valve to help controll that airflow.

Edited by baghead, 03 January 2006 - 02:03 PM.

#16 WratH

WratH

• Members
  • 388 posts

Posted 03 January 2006 - 02:44 PM

You could possibly use multiple rf20 bladders connected together, but the pvc idea is probably the better bet with higher pressures and whatnot.
Death be not proud. Though some have called the mighty and dreadful... Thou art not so.

#17 NerfMonkey

NerfMonkey

• Members
  • 1,821 posts
  • State:Virginia

Posted 03 January 2006 - 03:45 PM

How would you connect the bladders? It's not like they're plastic; you can't just cut them up and re-glue them.
SexD Warves

#18 baghead

baghead

Cheetos

• Members
  • 1,366 posts

Posted 03 January 2006 - 04:32 PM

you could chain them in succession via Vynl Tubeing, but i don't think it would be all that effective.

#19 rotoryfan

rotoryfan

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 26 February 2006 - 09:41 PM

you could put a regular bladder into a solid container that has a slightly smaller volume than the max volume of the bladder, thus allowing you to pump more air into the bladder without bursting it. this compresses the air to a greater extent, and would in theory, increase range on an automatic blaster. all of the nerf guns do already have casing to do this, but making the case smaller than the max volume of the bladder itself, as i said before, will keep it from expanding more, but still allowing you to create higher pressures, keeping the bladder expanded longer.

none of this is BS, but i haven't tried this, as i don't have an automatic blaster. so if anyone tries this, PM me and tell me how it works out. i thought of this reviewing the structure of a plant cell, with its expanding membrane, but limited to the boundry of the cell wall. and thats the Bio lesson of the day. :blink:
razorbeast,
Your member account at NerfHaven has been temporarily suspended.  Your account will not be functional until Jun 23 2033, 10:41 AM (depending on your timezone). This is an automated process and you do not need to do anything to expediate the unsuspension process.

Awsome.

#20 z80

z80

• Members
  • 603 posts

Posted 27 February 2006 - 03:52 PM

Ummm, this is like 2 months old. Don't bump old topics. Yeah, that might work, i was thinking something similar to the water bottle rockets.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users