Photo

Dremel

4 replies to this topic

#1 Nerforbust

Nerforbust

• Members
  • 166 posts

Posted 30 December 2005 - 10:19 PM

This may not belong in general, if not please move it.

I got a brand new dremel for christmas, and I was wondering what number bits you use for certain things.

1.Removing barrel posts?
2.Cutting brass pipe?
3.Cutting the plastic case?
4.Cutting springs?
5.Cutting/Sanding PVC?

I know I should use a special saw or something for PVC and brass, but I would like to use my dremel.

Also, do heat guns work for securing loose plastic parts, like the coupler thing on the Nf? It keeps on coming out.

#2 flamebo388

flamebo388

• Members
  • 277 posts

Posted 30 December 2005 - 10:50 PM

Use the cutting wheels for everything but sanding pvc. For sanding things use the sanding drum.
And as everyone knows, money makes the world go round. It's also the root of all evil, therefore the world going round is evil, and we should stop the rotation of the planet.

#3 PissBacon

PissBacon

• Members
  • 189 posts

Posted 31 December 2005 - 02:59 AM

You might also like to use the cylindrical cutter (made of metal) for cutting parts of the shell of some nerf, as well as for working on restrictors depending on what feels comfortable. In general the disc cutter is your best friend though. In case you don't know this, never ever use the metal bits on metal parts, use the disk or sand parts on metal.

#4 Nerforbust

Nerforbust

• Members
  • 166 posts

Posted 01 January 2006 - 12:51 AM

Thanks, also do you know the average price for a bit? I couldn't find any information at dremel.com

#5 man with many guns

man with many guns

• Members
  • 167 posts

Posted 01 January 2006 - 12:16 PM

Thanks, also do you know the average price for a bit? I couldn't find any information at dremel.com

They're usually about $3-5 depending on what it is.
Call me guns.
Mjdfuzzy: meh most people areound here are like "suk my balls michigan" and i'm like "you don't have balls you loser"
[12:43] mjdfuzzy: your mom's an ugly slut
[12:43] mjdfuzzy: ...and i love it

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users