Best Long Range Gun

losers

6 replies to this topic

#1 Maverick Master

Maverick Master

• Members
  • 142 posts

Posted 29 December 2005 - 08:07 PM

just out of intrest what do you guys think is the best long range gun. (im kinda new)

Edited by Maverick Master, 29 December 2005 - 08:07 PM.

Cpt. Brian Scott of UGNS

Under
Ground
Nerf
Squad

Alias Scoped loser (+)
(.)(.) :)

LordofTheRings434
"In a sense, what I'm saying is that you shouldn't waste your time handling your balls. Go for the foamy rods instead."

#2 Team Slaya

Team Slaya

• Members
  • 615 posts

Posted 29 December 2005 - 08:29 PM

Augh. There is no "best" long range gun. If you're looking for long range guns, the Maxshot, Airtech 2000, Supermaxx 5000, and Crossbow are definate options. But it's how it fits your style of play. Some people use a Crossbow, and would be completely lost in a war if they had a Sm5k, even if it had the same range capabilites. It's all what you decide to use.

TS

#3 Zach

Zach

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 29 December 2005 - 09:16 PM

I believe that he wants opinions. I prefer using a modded AT2K (Airtech 2000). Although as TS stated, it's all opinion based on what the best long range gun is, you need to find what suits you.

~Zach
NerfX , for all of your Nerfing needs.

Have a fix for some foam? Come on in, the doors are open!

#4 The Infinite Shindig

The Infinite Shindig

Arma-what-now?

• Contributors
  • 1,383 posts

Posted 30 December 2005 - 02:57 AM

I believe that he wants opinions.

Yes, he does. However, we at NerfHaven don't like having "best gun" debates, because there really is no correct answer. Someone who has nerfed long enough knows that any gun could be deemed "the best" given the right situation. Slaya was right to give a list of guns that would fall into the long range category.
Shindig of the Lawn Chair Mafia

<a href="http://www.albinobla.../flash/posting" target="_blank">Posting and You</a>

#5 pinhead52

pinhead52

• Members
  • 193 posts

Posted 30 December 2005 - 04:48 AM

You can't just say "best" and expect any kind of straight-forward answer. When it comes to long range weapons you have to deal with range, rate-of-fire, accuracy, and of course, how cool it looks. Here are the hows as far as I see it.

For range, there is not, and probably never will be a rival to the titan. If you mod it right, it gets ranges that make it unusable in any sane Nerf out. Short of that go for a one-shot pump gun like the SuperMaxx 5000. The one-shot pumpiness gives a lot of power (amazing lot if you mod them right) in a sudden burst. Great for range, or accuracy as far as that goes.

For rate-of-fire, you're going to need a simple spring gun, probably with a breech barrel. The Crossbow is popular because it is an incredibly simple design... on steroids. Mod it right and you'll see why it's a holy grail among Nerfers. I think it also gets my vote as far as cool factor (unless we're including uselessly-short-range, in which case I think you and I would vote for the same gun).

More or less, I think it comes down to what Slaya (and many others) said. It's just what you use. Get some guns, mod them, play some, pick favorites.

#6 NerfMonkey

NerfMonkey

• Members
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 30 December 2005 - 02:42 PM

I've said the same about choosing a favorite gun and sticking with it, but actually, I've had one, maybe two guns that I stuck with for more than a month and those were my Maxshot and AT2k.

Don't worry if you don't find a gun you want to stay with forever, I've been playing modded for about a year and I've yet to find a gun that I feel comfortable with saying I'm going to use it the rest of my Nerfing 'career'. The Maxshot's as close to that as ever, but in a few months, I'll probably find something totally different that's not even remotely similar to use.

Dual NFs were a favorite of mine for a while, but something replaced them. They were my most effective combo ever, I just found something else I liked and played with it for a while. I've gone through probably fifteen or twenty different weapons since I started:

BBB, Eagle Eye, NFs, 2ks, Maxshot, LBB, Airzone Crossbow, Mav, RF20, dual RF20s, Hornet, Salvo, Double Shot, 3ks, blowgun, lots of others.

My point? Yes, it would be ideal to find something that you love right away and be able to play effectively with it forever, but that doesn't happen...usually. There's always something better out there, just keep using whatever feels good, when something else appeals to you, use it instead. Just do whatever feels good.
SexD Warves

#7 Rip32

Rip32

• Members
  • 177 posts

Posted 30 December 2005 - 04:55 PM

Correct me if I am wrong.
I think a titan and sm 5k, can be modded to shoot farther than any other nerf gun, but that dosen't make them the best long range gun.
There are other aspects like accuracy, range, rof, feel, shape, size, etc.
Since you are new, and you should look for a gun that is easy to mod, not so expenisive, and still being sold in stores.
I think your best bet is an at2k, which you can either single or quad, or a bbb, which is also a fairly easy mod aswell. Both are still sold in stores.
If you want to buy a gun that is not manufactured anymore, try a maxshot, which is another fairley easy mod, and it is not so expenisve. You can also try a crossbow, but they will probably be more expenisve and harder to find than a maxshot. Hope I helped.
http://www.break.com...iencechild.html
Funniest video ever. This kid needs some serious help

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users