Can Someone Help?

Maverick wont shoot

8 replies to this topic

#1 w0lf

w0lf

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 27 December 2005 - 12:56 PM

My maverick shoots now but.. Really badly! I'm talking like 2-10 feet.

Edited by w0lf, 28 December 2005 - 03:10 PM.

#2 NerfMonkey

NerfMonkey

• Members
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 27 December 2005 - 01:01 PM

Here, here, here and here. Search around the mods forum, just remember to set your parameters wide enough.

Edited by NerfMonkey, 27 December 2005 - 01:03 PM.

SexD Warves

#3 w0lf

w0lf

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 27 December 2005 - 02:03 PM

Oh my god, now i put the hot glue rings, and it's worse, about 2 feet range:(.

Edited by w0lf, 29 December 2005 - 12:56 PM.

#4 NinjZ

NinjZ

• Members
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 27 December 2005 - 05:39 PM

Without any pictures or a detailed description of exactly what you did we cant help. All I can say is you either 1) put it back together incorrectly or 2) messed somthing up when you modified it.

#5 ompa

ompa

Introductinator

• Moderators
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 27 December 2005 - 07:28 PM

W0lf, when the trigger is not pulled, the barrels do not line up with the orange thing. Half-way through the trigger pull the barrel moves into line with the "nozzle" and fires.

However, if it's a problem where the barrel actually does not move in to line with the "nozzle" when firing, then you've managed to fuck up the gun more than I thought possible; you either somehow jammed the actual drum itself together incorrectly (mis-aligned the base, although I didn't think it was possible), or somehow turned the rotating mechinism inside the gun itself into an awkwards position. Look at those 3 possibilities. If you did mess up the inside rotation mech though, I'm not quite sure how you would fix that.

Put pictures up though, and I can verify exactly what is wrong with the thing.

~ompa

#6 DX-Robert

DX-Robert

formerly DX

• Members
  • 679 posts

Posted 28 December 2005 - 10:28 AM

I just removed the pegs and air restrictors from my maverick

Well there you go. The gun will NOT shoot if you took the pegs out, too. I just took out the restrictors on one of my Mavs last week, and had the same problem. With the pegs out, no good; with the pegs in, guns fires again.

But it sounds like you did other things to the gun and screwed it up. Can't tell without pics.

United Nerf Ops - The premier northeast US nerf club serving the tristate area (NY, NJ, CT)
NYC Nerf Ops - Nerf in New York City itself
NJ Nerf Ops - Nerf in New Jersey
CT Nerf Ops - Nerf in Connecticut

UNO also has a Discord server, DM me on Discord to join (@vincentdrake)

-----------------------------------------------
My other groups:
Nerf Thrifters - A group for posting thrifts and other second-hand finds

#7 LiterSize

LiterSize

• Members
  • 295 posts

Posted 28 December 2005 - 10:49 AM

Nerfmonkey put up the links. Taking out the pegs alone won't disable a maverick, I did the restrictor removal myself and it worked fine afterwards. Baghead's mod is pretty much the textbook on how to mod your maverick right.

#8 ompa

ompa

Introductinator

• Moderators
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 28 December 2005 - 01:40 PM

It's not the pegs themselves that form the seal, it's the rings that the pegs are on. Just remove the pegs but replace the rings and you're fine.

~ompa

#9 NerfMonkey

NerfMonkey

• Members
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 28 December 2005 - 02:04 PM

Exactly. I don't know why everyone does the gluing, does it give it a better seal? Why couldn't you just glue in the rings if you want a super-tight seal? Mine shoots fine and I never did the gluing, just replaced the circular things the poles were on.
SexD Warves

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users