Pistol Holster!

For my Lock n' Load

4 replies to this topic

#1 WratH

WratH

• Members
  • 388 posts

Posted 22 December 2005 - 10:02 PM

I needed a holster for my Lock n' Load, so I was thinking for a while. I figured out that a LnL fits almost perfectly in a wrapping paper roll(yay Christmas!). Long story short: I made a holster.

Materials:
Wrapping paper tube
hot glue gun
low guage wire
wire cutters
knife
scissors
electrical tape
pencil
screw/anything that pokes holes in stuff
Posted Image

DON'T CUT THE TUBE YET!

Hokay, neow! Take your pistol(make sure it fits in the tube first) and put it beside the tube, like so:
Posted Image
Draw about the same shape as your trigger guard, and remember kiddies, measure twice, cut once. Be sure.
Cut out the shape you drew. It should look like this.
Posted Image
Your gun should now fit in the tube pretty snug, and look like this:
Posted Image
Put your gun beside the tube again, same as last time and put a line about an inch or so below past the very tip of the gun/barrel. You can now cut the tube at that line.
Posted Image
Posted Image
What you do now is take your small tube, and cut slits in the bottom, paralell from each other, one being directly under the trigger guard cut. These slits are for the second point the holster is attatched to you, on your leg. The other point will be on your belt.
Posted Image
You now pinch the side with the slits together, so one slit is on each small side of the tube, and hot glue it together then add some tape.
Posted Image
Add some tape on both sides of the slits, they tend to peel.
Now you need to find a way to make a thumb break, or something to hold the top of your pistol, I used two pieces of tape together with a small pin I made from the wire.
Unfortunately, I didn't get any pictures of it, but it's simple enough. I basicly had the wire doubled over so that it made a skinny looking balloon shape and stuck that to the tube somehow, and then I had a little hole in the tape that I stuck the wire in the hole, so the gun wouldn't come out if I was running or jumping or anything, but once I gave it a fair tug it would come out fairly easily. Here is the final product:
Posted Image

Questions? Comments? Give 'er
(ouch, time to give my wrists a rest...lol)

Edited by WratH, 22 December 2005 - 10:04 PM.

Death be not proud. Though some have called the mighty and dreadful... Thou art not so.

#2 Team Slaya

Team Slaya

• Members
  • 615 posts

Posted 22 December 2005 - 10:45 PM

Nice job wrath. Very solid. I just wish that I had an LnL. I still don't understand how you made the strap that keeps the gun in.

TS

#3 WratH

WratH

• Members
  • 388 posts

Posted 22 December 2005 - 11:09 PM

Thanks. It's basicly a strip of electrical tape with the sticky sides together, one side taped to the holster, a hole in the other side. There is a pin which is kinda shaped like this:
()
|
The pin goes in the hole in the strip of tape, and it keeps the gun in good enough until you pull firmly on it, then the tape will flex to accomidate the enlarged part of the pin through the hole so the gun is free.

Edit: Friendly Gloating: My LnL cost me 2 bucks canadian... which is like 1.75 american... aren't you jealous now?

Edited by WratH, 22 December 2005 - 11:12 PM.

Death be not proud. Though some have called the mighty and dreadful... Thou art not so.

#4 NinjZ

NinjZ

• Members
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 22 December 2005 - 11:45 PM

Batman belt buckle > all.

#5 NerfMonkey

NerfMonkey

• Members
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 23 December 2005 - 10:53 AM

Dead sexy. I still dream about L'nLs. I did last night in fact.
I'm going to try this with a huge tube I have and see if I can't make one for my Maxshot or one of my 2ks.
SexD Warves

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users