w00t, blogger calls us nerds

27 replies to this topic

#1 Switchblade

Switchblade

• Members
  • 101 posts

Posted 26 December 2005 - 02:20 PM

Nerfhaven gets props

Just some random blog, but I thought it was interesting. Found it by googling "Nerfhaven". Anyone else have interesting finds?

xSwitchx

#2 NinjZ

NinjZ

• Members
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 26 December 2005 - 02:31 PM

They picked the best/worst picture ever to dEffeminatet a Nerfer ( no offence to C, but i'm sure he knows that ). Doesnt matter though, it's just some stupid blog no one reads.

Edited by NinjZ, 26 December 2005 - 02:32 PM.

#3 Switchblade

Switchblade

• Members
  • 101 posts

Posted 26 December 2005 - 03:04 PM

Yeah, I just realized there are no comments on anything on there. But whatever.
And yeah, that picture is almost "Napoleon Dynamite"-ish. We need to have a photo shoot with the sexiest, most stylish nerfers for Nerf to use in their next product catalog.

Any other interesting finds related to Nerf? They don't just have to be about NerfHaven.

#4 Forsaken angel24

Forsaken angel24

• Contributors
  • 2,472 posts

Posted 26 December 2005 - 04:04 PM

And yeah, that picture is almost "Napoleon Dynamite"-ish. We need to have a photo shoot with the sexiest, most stylish nerfers for Nerf to use in their next product catalog.

All they need to do is call me.
I don't get my kicks out of you,
I don't feel the way I used to do.
I know its bad,
After what we had,
But I’m just not the angel you knew.

#5 Jangadance

Jangadance

• Members
  • 676 posts

Posted 26 December 2005 - 04:29 PM

They picked the best/worst picture ever to dEffeminatet a Nerfer.

At least the pic he got was someone older than 15, no offense to the young'ns that probably flesh out a good chunk of the NIC. It's a good thing to emphasize that people of all ages can enjoy Nerfing. In any case, I'm still waiting for the SA goons to find this community.

Posted Image
"The 'dance goes on..."

#6 Falcon

Falcon

Velcro'd Beanpole

• Members
  • 1,375 posts

Posted 26 December 2005 - 06:00 PM

And yeah, that picture is almost "Napoleon Dynamite"-ish.  We need to have a photo shoot with the sexiest, most stylish nerfers for Nerf to use in their next product catalog.

All they need to do is call me.

And then you'll wake up, right?

Still, all kidding aside, that's even a fairly dated pic, isn't it? I've never seen Cx actually use a Sidearm. I was under the impression that he stopped carrying his SSII a few years ago...

Peh. n00bs.
----------||||||||)
QUOTE(Ilùvatar @ 0000) View Post
Of the theme that I have declared to you, I will now that ye make in harmony together a Great Music.

#7 NinjZ

NinjZ

• Members
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 26 December 2005 - 07:33 PM

They picked the best/worst picture ever to dEffeminatet a Nerfer.

At least the pic he got was someone older than 15, no offense to the young'ns that probably flesh out a good chunk of the NIC. It's a good thing to emphasize that people of all ages can enjoy Nerfing. In any case, I'm still waiting for the SA goons to find this community.

Posted Image

HAHA. I wore those exact same blasters form the cyberstrike set when I was younger. I would also use the DT3 with them.

#8 taita cakes

taita cakes

• Members
  • 943 posts

Posted 26 December 2005 - 09:19 PM

Posted Image

I think BK can vouch for me on this one.
Hottest nerd.

Our new spokesguy?
Oh Kentucky, you are so fuggin awesome...

#9 The Infinite Shindig

The Infinite Shindig

Arma-what-now?

• Contributors
  • 1,383 posts

Posted 26 December 2005 - 10:14 PM

Let me tell you guys, this guy must have a lot of friends. In the last 24 hours, we have had 4 people sign up for new membership! But seriously, fuck him. I hate this whole "blogger" revolution anyway. We get numbers like that on a typical day without some blogger telling his two friends (one of which is his mom) about this site. And I digress, fuck him.

Edit: Yes, Groove should be our male model-esque spokesman.
Shindig of the Lawn Chair Mafia

<a href="http://www.albinobla.../flash/posting" target="_blank">Posting and You</a>

#10 Switchblade

Switchblade

• Members
  • 101 posts

Posted 27 December 2005 - 10:05 AM

Groove probably is our hottest nerd, though with my new shaggy hair I can look pretty "scene". What is the Gr00ve-meister up to? College? I haven't really been around here in a while.

#11 taita cakes

taita cakes

• Members
  • 943 posts

Posted 28 December 2005 - 06:03 AM

Yarrrr!
That's just your general update if I remember rightly.

The only good part of the myspace revolution is the youtube videos. 'Waz I'm talkin BOUT.
Oh Kentucky, you are so fuggin awesome...

#12 Switchblade

Switchblade

• Members
  • 101 posts

Posted 28 December 2005 - 10:26 AM

Thanks, Taita. And man, he's really good at the graphic design stuff!

And I think MySpace is good. Unless you're a whore. Which is 50% of the people on there. I mainly use it to keep in touch with bands and local shows and stuff. Plus, I have met some pretty darn cool folks through it. Plus I was on it before it was hot, so I'm not "OMG ADD ME." If I think you're cool or like your band or whatever, I'll add you.

Somewhat on topic: Anyone else ever have an article in the paper about local nerf wars? A lot of high schools around here did monster ones over a few weeks, but one was just ridiculous. I thuoght that was pretty neat.

.....me

Edited by Switchblade, 28 December 2005 - 10:27 AM.

#13 Death

Death

Ass-Kicking Overlord

• Contributors
  • 226 posts

Posted 28 December 2005 - 02:54 PM

In any case, I'm still waiting for the SA goons to find this community.

I think one of the reasons we've avoided Something Awful's weekend-web thus far is our rather totalitarian, no-nonsense approach to dealing with newbies. Sure, they could pull a few pics out of the gallery that show our particularly geeky culture, but we're nowhere near as bad as the Aliens-Probed-My-Butt or Sexually-Attracted-to-Disabled-Albino-Pygmies forums out there. We tend to not stand for a lot of the useless shit that grabs SA's attention.

DEATH

Let a man never stir on his road a step
without his weapons of war;
for unsure is the knowing when need shall arise
of a spear on the way without.  --Hávamál 38

#14 Rip32

Rip32

• Members
  • 177 posts

Posted 28 December 2005 - 07:03 PM

[QUOTE]
Groove probably is our hottest nerd, though with my new shaggy hair I can look pretty "scene".

Wow, and our gayest nerd is....

Just joking around
http://www.break.com...iencechild.html
Funniest video ever. This kid needs some serious help

#15 Switchblade

Switchblade

• Members
  • 101 posts

Posted 28 December 2005 - 11:05 PM

Hey, don't hate. And I do go to a lot of shows, but I am no fashion-whore. And yes, i will hardcore dance. And do it well. But we're cool......for now. DUN DUN DUN

Anyway, yeah, this isn't Something Awful material. We have too many hard-asses. Because aliens-probed-my-butt people just yell "IT'S TRUE!". We shoot them in the face. With Nerf guns. Modded. HARD.

#16 Groove

Groove

Certified Badass

• Founders
  • 1,673 posts

Posted 28 December 2005 - 11:53 PM

Edit: Yes, Groove should be our male model-esque spokesman.

Wow, guys. Just, wow.

...Yeah, I got nothin'. I'm speechless.

-Groove

"Too close for missiles, I'm switchin' to guns"

#17 Switchblade

Switchblade

• Members
  • 101 posts

Posted 29 December 2005 - 02:04 PM

Holy poop, it's Groove himself. Nice to see you, man.

And yeah, I think you probably have a fan club here.

#18 Groove

Groove

Certified Badass

• Founders
  • 1,673 posts

Posted 30 December 2005 - 12:39 AM

Good to see you, too. Yes, I still lurk on the forums. I might not post frequently but I am always watching...always. That shit you think nobody else sees? I see it. Nah, just kidding.

If you want to join the club, I think I would talk to BK...pretty sure she's the head of it.

In all seriousness, that was an interesting article. More site traffic from that article could be a good thing, too. It's nice to see the Haven quoted and linked as a reliable source of internet Nerfing goodness.

-Groove

"Too close for missiles, I'm switchin' to guns"

#19 SG Pilot

SG Pilot

• Members
  • 281 posts

Posted 31 December 2005 - 01:31 PM

Well, I found and old article here in 2004:

Teens' Nerf guns raise ruckus

Just in case if this interests anyone...

Edited by SG Pilot, 31 December 2005 - 01:37 PM.

QUOTE(VACC @ Oct 9 2009, 04:45 AM) View Post

I know, I HATE toy guns that are made for little kids!

#20 man with many guns

man with many guns

• Members
  • 167 posts

Posted 31 December 2005 - 07:58 PM

I don't know about you guys, but I was pissed when I seen that dudes artcle. Nice post on there for feedback Sinfil, I'm surrprised that he put my feedback up there, read what I said on there. Man, that guy needs to get a life.
Whoa, Groove! I love DbF! I read every one of them! Do you draw them by hand, or are they cgi or some thing? Good job on that.
Groove for president!
Groove for president!
Groove for president!

Edited by man_with_many_guns, 31 December 2005 - 09:31 PM.

Call me guns.
Mjdfuzzy: meh most people areound here are like "suk my balls michigan" and i'm like "you don't have balls you loser"
[12:43] mjdfuzzy: your mom's an ugly slut
[12:43] mjdfuzzy: ...and i love it

#21 TED

TED

In Brightest Prawn, in Darkest Shrimp...

• Administrators
  • 1,338 posts

Posted 31 December 2005 - 08:39 PM

Grove for president!
Grove for president!
Grove for president!

I thought it was Groove.
Star Wars can go fuck itself.

#22 Switchblade

Switchblade

• Members
  • 101 posts

Posted 01 January 2006 - 01:15 AM

DUde, that article was the one I was talking about being around here. I live in Cincinnati, that's from the Cincinnati Enquirer. Blue Ash is like 10 minutes away from me. Good times, though, haha. People will always blow stuff up, most parents are smart enough to not buy everything they read.

Did it mention the "invisible rule"? That thing was awesome.

#23 The Infinite Shindig

The Infinite Shindig

Arma-what-now?

• Contributors
  • 1,383 posts

Posted 01 January 2006 - 01:32 AM

I don't know how I feel about you guys posting on his blog like that. Actions like that typically aren't usually taken kindly around here. Expect me to ponder this over.
Shindig of the Lawn Chair Mafia

<a href="http://www.albinobla.../flash/posting" target="_blank">Posting and You</a>

#24 Switchblade

Switchblade

• Members
  • 101 posts

Posted 01 January 2006 - 02:16 PM

Yeah, I don't endorse leaving rude comments either. Who comes across as the petty one, here? And yeah, he jokes about the NH folks being nerds, but then he says "nah, I should cut them a break, they found something they like."
And really, you sound like 7th graders. Which you very well may be. Way to represent the sport and the community.
Anyway, yeah. Happy New Year, everyone.

Edited by Switchblade, 01 January 2006 - 02:18 PM.

#25 Pineapple

Pineapple

Old-school Admin

• Contributors
  • 1,377 posts

Posted 01 January 2006 - 03:13 PM

I agree with Shindig and Switchy, I think that the comments of one or two fairly recent members shouldn't be represent of the major body of users of NerfHaven. Comments, especially disparaging ones, should be left to the discretion of cxwq (whose picture is the one pasted on his front page), his management team, or a duly appointed representative of NH.

I look at it this way. When it comes to put-downs to an individual, it depends on the relationship to the person being slighted to the self-appointed 'defender'. If there is a relationship, it's noble to defend his/her name to restore credibility again in the said community.

But it's only an online blog, which probably only a fraction of the internet populace reads, and it is his prerogative to express his opinion on his site. If each of us wants to comment, it should be as individuals, and not as any (implied or otherwise) representative of NH. If the poster has their own website, they should offer a link to their site also, to receive feedback.

If cxwq was offended/ miffed by any of Matt's comments, he would have posted something already. I really believe he's thinking along my line of thought, which is to just blow it off.

-Piney-
-Piney- of White Dog Hobbies Armory

<!--quoteo(post=209846:date=Feb 5 2009, 06:27 PM:name=boom)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(boom @ Feb 5 2009, 06:27 PM) View Post</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
It's to bad you live in hawaii I bet there are not many wars there.Wait what am I saying<b> you live in hawaii you lucky bastard.</b>
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users