Photo

Spring Or Air Powered Guns

16 replies to this topic

Poll: Which do you prefer? Spring or Air Powered. (57 member(s) have cast votes)

Which do you prefer? Spring or Air Powered.

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Paloose

Paloose

• Members
  • 143 posts

Posted 25 December 2005 - 08:11 PM

I have searched all 53 pages of general nerf and I have not found a poll on this subject. Please vote based preferences of reliablity, power, fun, etc. etc.

I myself prefer spring due to reliability and thier high rate of fire.

#2 Natch

Natch

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 25 December 2005 - 08:16 PM

Spring, it doesn't need to be pumped , just pull back and let fly. It's also easier to mod(imo).

#3 Meaker VI

Meaker VI

• Moderators
  • 1,192 posts

Posted 25 December 2005 - 10:44 PM

Springers hands down. While the pump weapons seem to be capable of higer ranges and possible semi-auto fire, some of the best guns are springers. The FAR, BBB, NF....

And if you get a pump-action (shotgun style) springer and have a good arm, it will get about the same ROF as any of the semi-autos will without losing power.

#4 Enigma1313

Enigma1313

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 25 December 2005 - 11:51 PM

I had to go spring, cuz, well, i love my Nitefinder-MonoBlast combo on a level no man should love a foam shooting toy.
"Excellence over Compassion. Hatred over Foregiveness. Dedication before Forfeit. So is the way of the Enigma."
-Excerpt from the Preamble of the Enigma Code.

#5 Pineapple

Pineapple

Old-school Admin

• Contributors
  • 1,377 posts

Posted 26 December 2005 - 01:05 AM

Air.

My first experiences with Nerf modification were with the SuperMaxx series, and all the tweaks and repairs with the air system. It's what I'm most comfortable working with.

Of course, the AirTech series was mostly air, and now with the only 'recent' air powered Nerf brand blaster being the Hornet and Titan, I've had my eye on getting some Lanard Blast Bazookas.

But yeah...that doesn't stop me from using and liking springers, either.

-Piney-
-Piney- of White Dog Hobbies Armory

<!--quoteo(post=209846:date=Feb 5 2009, 06:27 PM:name=boom)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(boom @ Feb 5 2009, 06:27 PM) View Post</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
It's to bad you live in hawaii I bet there are not many wars there.Wait what am I saying<b> you live in hawaii you lucky bastard.</b>
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

#6 CustomSnake202

CustomSnake202

• Members
  • 506 posts

Posted 26 December 2005 - 01:06 AM

Definitely spring. I've had too many heartbreaks with pump guns. My SS2, and Sm5k to name a couple big ones. With springers, I know that there is a very good chance I will be able to repair any problems. My BBB has been reaching very good ranges with 12" nested brass, so as long as I can be up to par with some pump guns, I'm fine.

By the way, what would manual mean if spring is another choice? Like throwing the dart?

#7 euphemism

euphemism

• Members
  • 262 posts

Posted 26 December 2005 - 01:20 AM

I would guess than manual is referring to guns like the ramrod.

I hate to go with what everyone else is saying but, spring. What can I say, I love my maxshots and DTBs.

#8 Paloose

Paloose

• Members
  • 143 posts

Posted 26 December 2005 - 08:48 AM

Custom Snake: euphemism was correct

Manual guns would be like the ramrod, blast-a-ball, ball-blaster, etc. etc.

#9 nerfer34

nerfer34

• Members
  • 1,594 posts

Posted 26 December 2005 - 04:24 PM

You got to go spring. Too many bad things happen to Air powered guns.
<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->God Damn it Groove, you stole my kill.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->-OMC

#10 NerfMonkey

NerfMonkey

• Members
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 26 December 2005 - 04:52 PM

I'm sick of seeing people complaining about air guns and saying how unreliable they are. I've left one of my 2ks pumped for literally six days without knowing it, picked it up, tapped the trigger and the dart chipped the paint on a door in my living room. If you take care of them, air guns are very reliable.

I still say spring, not for reliability, just they feel more solid to me than any pump gun. I'd take a Maxshot over a 2k, even though they have the same power. I did use a 2k for about two months and was good with it, but now the Maxshot's taken its place just for its feel. Plus they're faster. I average one shot about every four seconds, compared to my 2k's six seconds. This is because instead of having to take out my barrel from the coupler, I can just stick a dart in the end of the Maxshot's barrel and cock it and the dart gets sucked down. On a 2k, I have to take off the barrel and load it from the back. It makes a difference.

For the way I play, spring>air, but it may be spring<air for others. Just my opinion.

Oh, good thread by the way.

Edited by NerfMonkey, 26 December 2005 - 04:55 PM.

SexD Warves

#11 murakumo32

murakumo32

• Members
  • 419 posts

Posted 26 December 2005 - 06:27 PM

I would have to go with spring. It's not that I don't like air powered, but I usually have indoor wars and I manage to get off more shots with a NF than a AT2K. In outdoor wars, I go with air power to get more range. Isn't the point of developing better guns to touch your enemy before they can touch you?
Nerfing, now fortified with vitamin C!
-or-
100% Nerf, for 100% pwnage.

Nerf is a neutral weapons dealer. Anyone coughing up the dough can get armed.

and they're made of Foam... which makes them very Nerfy...

#12 DX-Robert

DX-Robert

formerly DX

• Members
  • 679 posts

Posted 26 December 2005 - 09:19 PM

I would honestly go with air. I'm used to opening, fixing, and modding air pressure powered guns. Ok, so most of those were soakers, but still, air pressure nerf internals aren't all that different: they still have O-rings, check valves, and all that. Plus, the ranges you could get with air are unmatched via spring. My homemades will launch stock micros over 100ft. Modding my spring guns doesn't get anywhere close.

Then again, it really depends on the situation more than the type. In close-range, fast action battles, a spring powered gun is my best friend. From a distance, I would rather take several homemade shots first and then pick up some other gun when the target[s] come in closer.

United Nerf Ops - The premier northeast US nerf club serving the tristate area (NY, NJ, CT)
NYC Nerf Ops - Nerf in New York City itself
NJ Nerf Ops - Nerf in New Jersey
CT Nerf Ops - Nerf in Connecticut

UNO also has a Discord server, DM me on Discord to join (@vincentdrake)

-----------------------------------------------
My other groups:
Nerf Thrifters - A group for posting thrifts and other second-hand finds

#13 sistermol

sistermol

• Members
  • 282 posts

Posted 22 February 2006 - 06:43 PM

I know it's an old topic but what would other include?

Edited by sistermol, 22 February 2006 - 09:01 PM.

Without darkness how would we recognize the light?

#14 The Infinite Shindig

The Infinite Shindig

Arma-what-now?

• Contributors
  • 1,383 posts

Posted 22 February 2006 - 07:59 PM

i know it's an old topic but what would other include

Dude. You are required to use proper capitalization and punctuation. It is not an option.
Shindig of the Lawn Chair Mafia

<a href="http://www.albinobla.../flash/posting" target="_blank">Posting and You</a>

#15 Crappy Nerfer

Crappy Nerfer

• Banned
  • 149 posts

Posted 22 February 2006 - 08:55 PM

Air. I love AT2K's so much I voted Air just for them.
"If one notices a patch of gangrene in a wound on the back of one's hand, one does not simply hope that it gets better over time.

One cuts that shit off at the wrist and learns to masturbate lefty."

- Death

"By BC do you mean Boston College?"

- nerfer34

#16 pat 1st Lt

pat 1st Lt

• Members
  • 236 posts

Posted 23 February 2006 - 05:08 PM

I voted other, simply because many of my guns are integrations, so they count as an 'other'. Like my SSII+AT2K. My Firefly+AT2K. My NF+SSPB. Also, the BNA is my most powerful gun, and it is technically spring, but it isnt manual cock like most 'springs'.
QUOTE(euphemism) View Post
QUOTE(Pat) View Post

It gave the site a sort of 'homy' feeling.

Did you know that "m" can sometimes look like "rn" when read quickly?

#17 AssassinNF

AssassinNF

• Members
  • 904 posts

Posted 23 February 2006 - 09:47 PM

I Voted Spring because of the higher ROF. I do alot of indoor nerfing and I always get shot way too much whenever I choose an air powered gun. I could have chosen other though because I like blowguns and I don't think that qualifies as a air-powered gun.

Probably dead by now, or something.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users