Party Poppers

spring powered

6 replies to this topic

#1 notorious oxide

notorious oxide

• Members
  • 171 posts

Posted 18 December 2005 - 02:27 AM

I remember reading a topic a fair while ago about these spring powered party poppers and i couldnt find it again. I purchased a couple today and searched the forums by both using the search button and manualy searching. I probably missed it because i am sure i remember it. If anyone could direct me to the topic or tell me what was done to them to allow them to shoot darts it would be greatly apreciated.
-------
COREY

#2 The Inventor Guy

The Inventor Guy

• Members
  • 290 posts

Posted 18 December 2005 - 04:23 AM

I'm sorry that I can't point you in the right direction for the topic, but you should ask Ballman or Tom if you see him again. It was Tom who discovered them. (Yes, I'm talking about Garreth and Balman's friend Tom, as in +tom-)

I hope this helped you somewhat.

-Tidge.

Also active on NerfHQ as Tidge.

#3 notorious oxide

notorious oxide

• Members
  • 171 posts

Posted 18 December 2005 - 07:29 PM

Ok thanks. Il talk to them tonight maybe.

Edited by notorious_oxide, 18 December 2005 - 07:36 PM.

-------
COREY

#4 SneakUP

SneakUP

• Banned
  • 79 posts

Posted 18 December 2005 - 11:10 PM

Was it aboud convertinga poper gun to shoot darts?
GOT FOAM?!

#5 Jakethesnake

Jakethesnake

• Members
  • 176 posts

Posted 19 December 2005 - 12:00 AM

I'm pretty sure they just disected the party popper and took the spring out of it, I had a couple of them and the springs had some pretty good power to them.

#6 headwound

headwound

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 19 December 2005 - 11:28 AM

what are these party poppers? anyone have a link?

#7 Ballman

Ballman

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 21 December 2005 - 07:59 AM

+Tom- didn't 'discover' them, actually it was my Mother who first spotted them for a family members wedding, from which I aquired and NERFatized. The topic was up on NHQ pre-hack but I still have these pictures;

Diagram:
Posted Image

Side:
Posted Image

Top:
Posted Image

Re-arming (Push and twist):
Posted Image

There is a short 'T' bar which holds down a platform, on the platform is the projectile (Confetti, streamers Ect), the platform is constantly being pushed up by a compressed spring (But cant fire because of the 'T' piece), above that is a tissue paper cover (Which holds the projectile in). When the handle is twisted, the 'T' is able to go throw a slot, and the spring is able to expand shooting the projectile out.

They didn't work very well with darts as they fired from the springs power, I.E; they didn't use any sort of air pressure to fire. Enough darts were placed in the popper and fired via twisting the handle. (after re-arming the popper)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users