8 replies to this topic

#1 baghead

baghead

Cheetos

• Members
  • 1,366 posts

Posted 14 December 2005 - 11:09 PM

Posted Image
Ah yes: The Secret Shot 2, A somewhat popular primary weapon because of it's most excellent range and compact size. But the real selling point on a stock SS2 was the hidden Second barrell that appeared as a scope. Most Modders remove this brillint part when they modify their SS2s for the power and range. I on the other hand, decided that it was wise to make mine still have this ability, it would be like having a long-range and a holdout in one gun, a just reason to do so.

I also had not done anything all the new with my UBS set-up in a while, except on one key bit of research, that six -nch barrels are FAR more effective and efficent than twelve-inch ones in the sense of range and portablity, but they are louder. But i can afford to make some more noise if i get another 10-20 feet.

Anywho: so here's the process:

I inttialy removed the outer shell:
Posted Image

From There I seperated the Guts from The Rest of the gun:
Posted Image

I did the standard for all pump guns and plugged the pump valve:
Posted Image

Now in order to do what I intended to, I knew I would face two big challenges: Challenge #1 I would have to take the peice of 1/2in PVC that I use as a coupler and make it fit inside the stock barrel chamber, so that the "secret" barrel would still seal like it should and fire. Knowing the nature of the gun, I knew I would most likely have to chop up that section of the gun to get things to work smoothly and to remove the air restrictor, so for the safety of my mod, and a bit of paranoia Challenge #1 would wait.

Challenge #2 would be to replace the innards of the "secret" barrel with a peice of brass:
Posted Image
my standard nesting setup: 3in of 9/16 and 2.5in of 17/32, I gladly Went To Tackle what i thought was the lesser mod work first.

So My Task began:
I started dremmeling out the air restrictor and before I knew it, the rubber section that makes the seal had come off.
Posted Image

But That turned out to be not that much of a problem: as it fit perfectly over the rear end of my brass peice:
Posted Image

Now The Biggest problem Had come, How The Heck Do I re-attach it? I tried hot glue, that came back off, I then Used Super Glue, but it wasn't holding very well either, finaly I used some high-strength Hobby Superglue that my grandpa uses on model aircraft, and an accellerant and after about three coats It held tight. (I don't have any pics of this, and trust me you're not missing much.)

So as I left that to dry, I went back to work on the airtank/barrel:

The Barrel Has two logical spots to cut it, each is at a point in which size decreaes:
Posted Image

I drilled out the air restrictor out of the back:
Posted Image

And I saved The Front End:
Posted Image

...blast that pic post limit...

Edited by baghead, 14 December 2005 - 11:15 PM.

Don't call it a comeback, I never left.

#2 baghead

baghead

Cheetos

• Members
  • 1,366 posts

Posted 14 December 2005 - 11:10 PM

I cut a peice of 1/2in PVC short enough to fit inside it, and lightly dremmeled out the ID so that my UBS barrels would fit tightly, then I sanded down the OD of it so that it fit inside the Stock Barrel:
Posted Image

After That I realized that I Would need to re-attach thid new barrel, and it had to fit without any shell alteration, so I fabricated another joining peice out of 1/2in PVC with excessive dremmeling and sanding.
Posted Image

Then I dry-fit it on the air tank:
Posted Image

I Then Cut A short peice of PETG to fit between the two and set it to fit inside the shell:
Posted Image

I marked the two attachment points with a sharpie and then glued them onto the PETG with super glue:
Posted Image

Posted Image

After that paart dried it was simply a matter of re-assembly:
Posted Image

And everything worked cleanly:
Posted Image

The Standard UBS barrels Are Inserted like so:
Posted Image

The Secret Barrel Attaches Flush:
Posted Image

...One more pic...

Edited by baghead, 14 December 2005 - 11:11 PM.

#3 baghead

baghead

Cheetos

• Members
  • 1,366 posts

Posted 14 December 2005 - 11:12 PM

and the stock ammo holders hold the UBS barrels perfectly, so here's the final gun with the New superior six-inch Barrels.

Posted Image

This Gun Performs Extreemly Well. it has a high ROF, Excellent Range and Accuracy, and great mobility. I love this gun. The "secret" Barrel Has maybe 20 less feet on range, but works wonders at keeping rushers at bay. I was able to get 6 consectutive kills without being touched while defending one of my teammates with this thing to win the round at our most recent war.

-Bags

Edited by baghead, 15 December 2005 - 11:07 AM.

#4 Lukeinator

Lukeinator

• Members
  • 236 posts

Posted 15 December 2005 - 11:09 AM

That's a really nice mod Bags, I really like the fact that you kept the "secret" barrel. I think I may just have to try the UBS with my guns. I do however, have a question. Did you have to sand the inside of your PETG for the 17/32 brass to fit in? Because my PETG is just a bit to small.
Ride it like it's stolen.

#5 baghead

baghead

Cheetos

• Members
  • 1,366 posts

Posted 15 December 2005 - 11:30 AM

no, Viper's PETG is 9/16 id, so i had to nest brass inside it. i think he still has some.

#6 crackshot

crackshot

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 15 December 2005 - 12:32 PM

Pretty ingenious and original design. I love it. I'm going to try the ubs barrels with my x-bow. One question, though: do you have to ramrod the darts down the barrel to load them initialy? I'm trying to figure out whether they'll work with stock darts.
-cs

#7 Team Slaya

Team Slaya

• Members
  • 615 posts

Posted 15 December 2005 - 04:39 PM

No, you'd just stick them in the back. That's half the point of the barrel constriction at the base of the barrel.

tS

#8 Falcon

Falcon

Velcro'd Beanpole

• Members
  • 1,375 posts

Posted 16 December 2005 - 11:22 AM

Slaya is right. Bags carries a "quiver" or sorts with 15-20 UBS barrels in it on his belt. They're all pre-loaded from the back. He just pulls an empty one off i\of his gun, and puts a new one on. He's modded most of his primaries to use them, so he can use the same barrels for any gun he uses.

Posted Image
----------||||||||)
QUOTE(Ilùvatar @ 0000) View Post
Of the theme that I have declared to you, I will now that ye make in harmony together a Great Music.

#9 baghead

baghead

Cheetos

• Members
  • 1,366 posts

Posted 16 December 2005 - 04:17 PM

I've modified the concept some since CAFF, but Falcon and Slaya covered the bulk of it, If you want to use stock darts, you just put the dart in the brass section and attach the barrel backwards, and now as 6-in barrels, I just carry like 10 in my pocket. the 3 on the gun generaly are all i need though.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users