Bolt-action Spring-fed Breech Clip

dadada!

7 replies to this topic

#1 Sinfil

Sinfil

• Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 13 December 2005 - 03:42 PM

After taking some time and looking at The Noid's Bolt Action Clip, I began to try and improve my Pump Action Clip. After a while, I came up with a gravity fed, 5-round clip, that instead of being pump it used an actual bolt. It utilized an 8" section of 300 psi PVC, and my standard breech, but the barrel had a peice of 3/8" PEX pipe with a bolt on it glued to it, with a corresponding track cut into the 300 psi PVC:

Posted Image

It worked very well: I don't know why, since it is the same method of chambering a dart as my pump action clip, but the ranges were around 130' the two darts I tested, with 6 pumps each. My theory: New Internals.

Anyway, after that I began expirementing with a spring-fed four round clip, and was surprisingly successful:

Posted Image

Action closed, no darts in the clip.

Posted Image

Action open, two darts in the clip.

Posted Image

Action closed, one dart in the chamber, one in the clip.

THe clip can hold 4 darts (3 in the clip with one in the chamber). To load the clip, simply open the breech, and push 1-4 darts into the clip. The PVC on top holds them in, and pulling the bolt back chambers one. Fire. Pull the bolt forward, then back, chambering another dart. ...fire...

The only downside I found with this was that since the clip was on the bottom, it interfered with the pump on most guns. So, the pump either has to be relocated, be on the top naturally, not interfere with the clip, or you could simply put the clip sideways.

***A Sinfil Production***

If you have any questions/comments, feel free to post them.

-SInnER-
Rifleman and 1337 modder of the Celtic Wolf Clan.

Myspace

~r4z0rBl4d35~

#2 Forsaken angel24

Forsaken angel24

• Contributors
  • 2,472 posts

Posted 13 December 2005 - 05:03 PM

I like it and am now inspired to make one. With this clip how fast can you fire off all four darts as opposed to loading them one at a time and firing?
I don't get my kicks out of you,
I don't feel the way I used to do.
I know its bad,
After what we had,
But I’m just not the angel you knew.

#3 Ronster

Ronster

• Members
  • 528 posts

Posted 13 December 2005 - 06:30 PM

Man, you sure know how to go crazy with hot glue. B)

Might need to re-size those pics, tough...

Edited by Ronster, 13 December 2005 - 06:31 PM.

-I Nerf, there for I am.

QUOTE(baghead @ Oct 25 2006, 09:55 AM) View Post
Ronster reminded me that I should have warned you all Prepare your Bladder for Imminent Release!!!!

#4 LastManAlive

LastManAlive

• Members
  • 686 posts

Posted 13 December 2005 - 07:35 PM

Wow Eli! You really are getting good with those bolts. I take it you have started using the drimil? Well, keep it up. And next time, try making a backwards action bolt. You are headed the right direction for it. Just get larger pipe and expieriment. You are good at that.
He came, He saw, and he conquered... But where did everyone go?

#5 southpaw

southpaw

• Members
  • 143 posts

Posted 14 December 2005 - 08:59 AM

So it's just your basic breach but you've made a clip that pushes stefans into it? I would have made it hold more rounds but whatever floats your boat.

I made a CPVC shell breach. Check it out.
My Breach
Sup?

#6 Sinfil

Sinfil

• Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 14 December 2005 - 03:18 PM

Forsaken_Angel: Overall, it should take the same amount of time to load four darts into the breech and fire them as it does loading four darts one at a time and firing them, but the time in between each shot is greatly reduced, since instead of taking a dart, opening the breech, putting it in, closing it, you just open and close the breech.

Ronster: I usually have a lack of pics, and so...maybe.

Lefty: Yes, it's a basic breech with a coupler seal, with a spring-fed clip that pushes stefans into it. I like 4. Its a sexy number. -rawr-

Fairly nice breech. Have you actually made it or is it still in concept form?

-SInnER-
Rifleman and 1337 modder of the Celtic Wolf Clan.

Myspace

~r4z0rBl4d35~

#7 LastManAlive

LastManAlive

• Members
  • 686 posts

Posted 14 December 2005 - 04:57 PM

It also gives it that true rifle sound to it too. The max. payload in a rifle was a bolt action .17 that held 7 shots. And most .25-06 rifles hold 4. So it gives it a since of power. I like this. though I am building my rifle with a single shot bolt, I still like yours. I would only improve the bolt direction and put it on a high powered springer. Overall, this is my favorite homemade bolt mod I have seen. Plus, if I am not mistaken, you can place it on different CPVC guns right? I'll have to get some more PVC now.
He came, He saw, and he conquered... But where did everyone go?

#8 SupG

SupG

• Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 14 December 2005 - 08:26 PM

How long r your dartz.
I heard this kid say nerfing is gay well i say fuck him.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users