How nerfing fails...

5 replies to this topic

#1 taita cakes

taita cakes

• Members
  • 943 posts

Posted 19 June 2003 - 07:19 PM

Question #1
As nerf isnt a sport where you instantly say i shot him and you credit this because you've got a bright red splot in the middle of your chest so i begin to wonder how the hell you police such events as YANO's etc. Would it have to be a case of 'okay i admit it, u got me' or wat because this would be the perfect egomaniacs huntign ground.... "i shot u" "no u didnt" "yes i did" "no u didnt"

Question #2 (Please shoot me)
Although tthis might belong under the homeade section but im reallly stupid anyway so here goes. if u use a bolt action co2 powered rifle like http://www.filebox.v.../eneblett/Nerf/ do you have to buy new cyliners of co2 or can u pump it out of the filthy air or wat... my knowledge of co2 is limited but i expect it would have to be bought in catridges...

Question #3 (more of a statement)
In Australia we have a paper called (how ironic) The Australian which is far from a pictorial newspaper but is a renowned IT source of information. Recently they published a BIG section about wearable technology. One of these articles delved into the possibilities in technology for warfare and reviewed the past techniques and technology used in the pig headed invasion of iraq. Although nerf once ventured into the possibilities of their commlink gun which failed misserably (being a crappy blaster with a crappy two way radio) i wondered if anyone had investigated the nerf possibilities and the like... or do you have sugggestions..???
Oh Kentucky, you are so fuggin awesome...

#2 MysticFalcon182

MysticFalcon182

• Members
  • 269 posts

Posted 19 June 2003 - 08:26 PM

Answer #1:
Pain... Or being honest. If you're not honest, prepare to get beat up.

Answer #2:
Small 12-gram cartridges aren't refillable, you throw them away after they're used up.

Answer #3:
Have two cell phones with the same plan. Free communications... However, you don't really need communications in a Nerf War like you would in a real one...

~Mystic~

#3 Sacapuntas Cabesa

Sacapuntas Cabesa

• Members
  • 111 posts

Posted 20 June 2003 - 01:10 PM

Saying "OW!" then "YOU DIDN'T HIT ME" doesn't work well.
If the world is so unfair, why isn't it ever unfair in my favor?

Dinobot smash!!!

#4 Spoon

Spoon

Meh.

• Founders
  • 560 posts

Posted 20 June 2003 - 05:34 PM

Question 1:

At the LANOS/YANOS it's all about the honor system. 90% of the time it works flawlessly and the games are fun. You get the occasional dickhead who doesn't count hits, or insists that he hit you even when you could see he wasn't looking. Those people simply get berated and are not invited back. We pride ourselves on our ability to have 30+ person wars without any cheating. Usually you don't feel the hit, unless it's a powerful gun, so it is up to the shooter to inform the person that they were hit. Our guys our trained to take the shooters word for it and we try to be honest. If neither is really sure ("I think I hit you." "Did you, I'm not sure") then usually neither will count the hit and just go on with the game. We just try to keep things fun and not super competitive, thats why we rotate teams every battle or two.

With some groups this honor system doesn't work. It all comes down to having strong leadership, and developing a core group of "regulars" who always play fair and are fun to have around.
Two roads converged in the woods, and I took the one less traveled......and now I don't know where the hell I am.

#5 cxwq

cxwq

• Founders
  • 3,634 posts

Posted 20 June 2003 - 06:06 PM

What Spoon said.

Usually the people who cause problems are the first-timers who are taking it far too seriously. By lunch they've been identified pretty clearly and talked to about the problem. If they don't learn, Spoon and I talk to whoever brought them and make sure they don't come back.

Most of the time it all just works out pretty well.
<meta name="cxwq" content="mostly water">

#6 taita cakes

taita cakes

• Members
  • 943 posts

Posted 21 June 2003 - 08:44 PM

rite i guess you would have a shitoad of egomaniacs arguing the point but yeah if u kick them out and everything i guess it can become very mediated...

so how much is a co2 catridge in $US and if u no... how much in $AUS???
Oh Kentucky, you are so fuggin awesome...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users