Photo

My Ss2 Is Smoking

12 replies to this topic

#1 Sharpshooter

Sharpshooter

• Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 11 December 2005 - 07:47 PM

Okay, so I copper modded my secret shot 2. It gets about 100 feet with deadly velocity. It leaves welts and has really good accuracy. Anyways, I was using it one day and a piece of plastic got in the way of the valve and the valve stopped working.( Im guessing it got in there when I sawed off the barrel. Well to fix this I ran water into the tank. Probaly not the best way but it worked. Well, your probaly wondering why it says my ss2 is smoking well, when I fire now there is a sort of water wapor gas that comes out of the barrel evrytime I fire. It looks like smoke making it look like a real gun. It was cool to me I hope it seems cool to you guys too. I know this probaly isnt good for the gun but it was my last resort because I didnt want to saw open the tank. Thanks for your time.

Edited by Sharpshooter, 11 December 2005 - 07:48 PM.

Im a Sharp Shooter YE HAAAA

HAHAHA

#2 man with many guns

man with many guns

• Members
  • 167 posts

Posted 11 December 2005 - 08:22 PM

This happens to my sm750. I'm not sure what it is, but I wouldn't worry about it.
Call me guns.
Mjdfuzzy: meh most people areound here are like "suk my balls michigan" and i'm like "you don't have balls you loser"
[12:43] mjdfuzzy: your mom's an ugly slut
[12:43] mjdfuzzy: ...and i love it

#3 Sharpshooter

Sharpshooter

• Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 11 December 2005 - 08:33 PM

I know... I think its cool. Haha

HAHAHA

#4 Spaztic 75

Spaztic 75

• Members
  • 135 posts

Posted 11 December 2005 - 08:42 PM

This has happened before, many times, to many different people and guns. Several of which also posted a topic that could easily be found by searching.
In the big picture I'm still next to nothing, he never talks to me.

#5 Sharpshooter

Sharpshooter

• Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 11 December 2005 - 08:51 PM

Sorry...but, please dont comment if your not going to post anything useful to the thread. I mean come on now....Im sure you've posted things without searching before.

HAHAHA

#6 Uncle Hammer

Uncle Hammer

• Members
  • 750 posts

Posted 11 December 2005 - 10:04 PM

It has something to do with the air reacting to the mosture in your barrel. It happens alot if you blow your darts down the barrel. You see it alot in air powered guns such as 750's ,1500's ,2k,s etc..

Edited by Uncle Hammer, 11 December 2005 - 10:05 PM.

Don't mess with Texas cuz its bigger than France, bitch..
QUOTE (Talio)
Catagory 5 hurricanes are the mighty dick of God.  You don't mess with that!  You don't mess with Gods dick!

#7 euphemism

euphemism

• Members
  • 262 posts

Posted 11 December 2005 - 11:18 PM

Because SOMEONE couldn't be bothered to actually search but instead told others to search, here's the link.

#8 The Infinite Shindig

The Infinite Shindig

Arma-what-now?

• Contributors
  • 1,383 posts

Posted 12 December 2005 - 11:02 AM

Sorry...but, please dont comment if your not going to post anything useful to the thread. I mean come on now....Im sure you've posted things without searching before.

We expect you to search. That's why it's part of the Code of Conduct! We also expect you to use proper punctuation.
Shindig of the Lawn Chair Mafia

<a href="http://www.albinobla.../flash/posting" target="_blank">Posting and You</a>

#9 Forsaken angel24

Forsaken angel24

• Contributors
  • 2,472 posts

Posted 12 December 2005 - 03:03 PM

I was under the impression that when air is compressed it becomes cold. When the compressed air is finally released it hits the warm air and creates this dry ice effect. At first I thought it was crazy but then it started to make sense. Lysol when released is cold. Butane when released is cold. Propane for forklifts when released was so cold that when a tank ruptured it created frost all over the back of the forklift. After firing my super soaker (modded to shoot nerf) into my hand with no barrell I also noticed that the air was cold and never warm.
I don't get my kicks out of you,
I don't feel the way I used to do.
I know its bad,
After what we had,
But I’m just not the angel you knew.

#10 Arcanis

Arcanis

• Members
  • 240 posts

Posted 12 December 2005 - 08:42 PM

When water is compressed highly enough (such as your SS2) it becomes vapor. The "smoke" you see is simply water vapor, nothing to be worried about, just a cool effect. :blink:

-i hate the yankees as much as the next guy, but i'm only sixteen and i'm not ready for the ice age, or the apocalypse...whichever the great bambino has destined for us. -Rawray7

#11 Forsaken angel24

Forsaken angel24

• Contributors
  • 2,472 posts

Posted 12 December 2005 - 10:41 PM

My supersoaker shoots nerf darts and the tank has been dry for a few years now.

200th post baby!

Edited by Forsaken_angel24, 12 December 2005 - 10:42 PM.

I don't get my kicks out of you,
I don't feel the way I used to do.
I know its bad,
After what we had,
But I’m just not the angel you knew.

#12 Lopius

Lopius

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 14 December 2005 - 10:24 PM

I have a at2k that does the same thing. It's pretty sweet I'll admit it.
Lopius

#13 koolsteve

koolsteve

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 20 December 2005 - 03:31 PM

I KNOW WHY! I KNOW WHY!
This is because the ai pressure is so powerfull (air powerd guns) that the waters bond is literally TORN apart and creates a vapor! Water molecules awlays cling together because they have strong bonds, and that air pressure has VAPORIZED the water. I hope this helps everyone, and this makes NO harm to the gun. Just dont try this with coke or pepsi ok :rolleyes: Coke will actually eat away at the plastic.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users