Photo

Crossfire And "new" Tech Target Available Online

23 replies to this topic

#1 Orange

Orange

• Members
  • 98 posts

Posted 08 December 2005 - 08:04 PM

Just a quick heads up for anyone who might be interested, KBToys.com has the Nerf Crossfire in stock. You can get either a blue or red version of the gun, and they cost $9.99 each.

And HasbroToyShop.com has the "New" Nerf Tech Target in stock for $14.99.

Hopefully these will start showing up in stores soon.

#2 Sqiggs89

Sqiggs89

• Members
  • 208 posts

Posted 08 December 2005 - 08:32 PM

Oh that Crossfire looks so frickin' awesome, I think I'll pick one up online for chirstmas as a present to myself! Thanks for the info.

Edited by Sqiggs89, 08 December 2005 - 08:32 PM.

Been a while.
#bro

#3 NerfMonkey

NerfMonkey

• Members
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 08 December 2005 - 09:01 PM

People have said it looks like a redesigned Scout, euphemism shot one and said it got 20', I believe him. Don't waste your money on a Scout, though it does look sexy...
SexD Warves

#4 Team Slaya

Team Slaya

• Members
  • 615 posts

Posted 09 December 2005 - 06:03 PM

Euph was wrong, my eyeballing range says 30-35'. I expect with an extra spring and a good barrel mod done you could get 50. Plus the ammo holders are the sex. T'would be good if someone had a modded DTG that they really like/use, otherwise it would be, as you said, a waste of time/moolah.

TS

#5 Pineapple

Pineapple

Old-school Admin

• Contributors
  • 1,377 posts

Posted 09 December 2005 - 06:47 PM

My suspicions are confirmed.

I'm going to buy as many old-type Tech Target sets (preferrably the ones with the bonus extra pistol), because I think they are the most powerful 'out-of-box' (no banding or spring mod), simplest to mod spring pistols out there (even if I don't like the ergonomics or looks of them).

And I'm sure Hasbro was aware of that, hence the Scout look-alikes with the new TTS. As well as with old NFs compared to EX-3s.

The new line up does look nice, though.

-Piney-
-Piney- of White Dog Hobbies Armory

<!--quoteo(post=209846:date=Feb 5 2009, 06:27 PM:name=boom)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(boom @ Feb 5 2009, 06:27 PM) View Post</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
It's to bad you live in hawaii I bet there are not many wars there.Wait what am I saying<b> you live in hawaii you lucky bastard.</b>
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

#6 Shotty Master

Shotty Master

• Members
  • 147 posts

Posted 09 December 2005 - 08:54 PM

Compare the length of the gun to the length of the darts in it, doesnt it seem a bit small? I couldn't see it getting very good range at all, but what do I know?

#7 Nerforbust

Nerforbust

• Members
  • 166 posts

Posted 09 December 2005 - 09:47 PM

The Nerf designers are aiming at awesome looks, but not focusing on the performance... I disagree with their choice.

#8 Shotty Master

Shotty Master

• Members
  • 147 posts

Posted 09 December 2005 - 09:57 PM

If they left out performance, their toys wouldn't sell. Who wants an awesome looking gun that barely shoots the dart out of the barrel? Performance may not be most important, but it still has to be there.

#9 rusty

rusty

• Members
  • 159 posts

Posted 09 December 2005 - 10:07 PM

Do the crossfires look tiny to anyone else?

#10 headwound

headwound

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 09 December 2005 - 11:09 PM

man, that scout repaint looks fuuuglee.

#11 nerfspecialforces

nerfspecialforces

• Members
  • 443 posts

Posted 10 December 2005 - 12:49 AM

Hey guys, long time no see. Its been awhile, just stoppin in. I dont think I'd buy the crossfire. I dont really like the look. I'm still happy with my uber firefly ^_^
QUOTE(Arcanis @ Apr 8 2005, 05:02 PM)
When I insert a dick, nothing happens.

Call me NSF
N erf
S pecial
F orces

#12 Uncle Hammer

Uncle Hammer

• Members
  • 750 posts

Posted 10 December 2005 - 01:38 AM

Ya I wish I had an uber x-bow for 25 dollars.
Don't mess with Texas cuz its bigger than France, bitch..
QUOTE (Talio)
Catagory 5 hurricanes are the mighty dick of God.  You don't mess with that!  You don't mess with Gods dick!

#13 Davis

Davis

• Members
  • 210 posts

Posted 10 December 2005 - 09:51 AM

Ya I wish I had an uber x-bow for 25 dollars.

Burned. ^_^
QUOTE ("Devious")
2. Laugh like a maniac as you pummel them with your balls.

#14 euphemism

euphemism

• Members
  • 262 posts

Posted 10 December 2005 - 11:45 AM

Euph was wrong, my eyeballing range says 30-35'. I expect with an extra spring and a good barrel mod done you could get 50.

Yeah, I could be a little off about range, my eyes said 20-25 but whatever. I'm afraid I do have to (semi) disagree with you about the extra spring as the hasbro guys said the internals are almost the same as the scout, meaning that wierd, weak trigger mechanism. Granted if the spring had low enought tension it might work but I wouldn't want to risk it. Of course if someone else would want to risk it, then all the power to them.

#15 ompa

ompa

Introductinator

• Moderators
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 10 December 2005 - 01:49 PM

If they left out performance, their toys wouldn't sell. Who wants an awesome looking gun that barely shoots the dart out of the barrel? Performance may not be most important, but it still has to be there.

Stock EaB.

~ompa

#16 TED

TED

In Brightest Prawn, in Darkest Shrimp...

• Administrators
  • 1,339 posts

Posted 10 December 2005 - 05:25 PM

The Nerf designers are aiming at awesome looks, but not focusing on the performance... I disagree with their choice.

Looks? How can they be focusing on looks when both of these guns are fugly ugly! They both look horrible!
Star Wars can go fuck itself.

#17 Nerforbust

Nerforbust

• Members
  • 166 posts

Posted 10 December 2005 - 06:40 PM

These dont, but the Maverick, and the Fire Fly obviously do look good.

#18 DX-Robert

DX-Robert

formerly DX

• Members
  • 679 posts

Posted 10 December 2005 - 08:44 PM

Looks? How can they be focusing on looks when both of these guns are fugly ugly! They both look horrible!

Little kids may think they look cool. Oh, the colors! Hasbro does aim for a young crowd. The company has still released good guns for the Nerf Community, so I wouldn't complain. I can't say the same for the water war community, which Hasbro has lowered their target age to basically infants. I have boycotted their last 3 lines.

Hasbro, like other big companies, tends to trim preformance if it means wider profit margins and cheaper production costs. They also rely on gimmicks, colors, and other external elements of their products. If you don't like it, the best alternative is homemades. I've been telling people that for at least a year, and many have listened. Nerf homemades especially have a hell of a lot more potential than most realize. Get innovating! ^_^

Edited by Duxburian, 10 December 2005 - 08:44 PM.

United Nerf Ops - The premier northeast US nerf club serving the tristate area (NY, NJ, CT)
NYC Nerf Ops - Nerf in New York City itself
NJ Nerf Ops - Nerf in New Jersey
CT Nerf Ops - Nerf in Connecticut

UNO also has a Discord server, DM me on Discord to join (@vincentdrake)

-----------------------------------------------
My other groups:
Nerf Thrifters - A group for posting thrifts and other second-hand finds

#19 headwound

headwound

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 11 December 2005 - 03:40 AM

to be honest, high performance in a nerf gun = higher chance of injury to children which=lawsuits. however cooler looks mean kids want to get them for christmas. I mean face it nerfing is intended for kids, even though us older (more mature kids at heart) play with them. The best we can really hope for is a gun that can be easily moddified for good performance, but out of the box is still super safe for all to use. what would be awsome if nerf designed guns with that in mind.

#20 LastManAlive

LastManAlive

• Members
  • 686 posts

Posted 11 December 2005 - 11:55 AM

Guys, why are you worried about the colors and looks. The shell looks awsome to be, but the paint is all wrong like said. Does that mean it is not fixable? No!
He came, He saw, and he conquered... But where did everyone go?

#21 Ronster

Ronster

• Members
  • 528 posts

Posted 11 December 2005 - 12:06 PM

It looks really small.
Even the handle looks smaller then an at2k handle.

Edited by Ronster, 11 December 2005 - 12:07 PM.

-I Nerf, there for I am.

QUOTE(baghead @ Oct 25 2006, 09:55 AM) View Post
Ronster reminded me that I should have warned you all Prepare your Bladder for Imminent Release!!!!

#22 gordon

gordon

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 11 December 2005 - 02:16 PM

On ebay I found this:

http://i17.photobuck..._09/newnerf.jpg

Like I said it was from ebay so I can't take credit. I know I can't post listings not from myself but at least I only included the picture. These are part of the dart tag line apparently and they are nite finders. What I am hoping is that they have the original spring. However, since I (opinion based without solid proof) see nothing good coming out of this line, I predict the springs will be even weaker than the EX3. Wait, that shouldn't be capitalized... ex3.
kill or be killed

#23 euphemism

euphemism

• Members
  • 262 posts

Posted 11 December 2005 - 03:28 PM

The reason the handle looks small is that it has a double finger trigger. And I think the firestrike, which has been mentioned before, is just a repaint.

#24 Uncle Hammer

Uncle Hammer

• Members
  • 750 posts

Posted 11 December 2005 - 03:50 PM

Firestrike/NF is a repaint of the ex3's. The shell of the crossfire is not fugly. I've already got plans for a NF in there. I have small hands so I think that shell would feel awesome to me.
Don't mess with Texas cuz its bigger than France, bitch..
QUOTE (Talio)
Catagory 5 hurricanes are the mighty dick of God.  You don't mess with that!  You don't mess with Gods dick!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users