It's The Dean!

• Members
  • 687 posts

Posted 03 December 2005 - 08:11 PM

Update:
DCNO will be Saturday Jan 21st from 10-whenever
AND Sunday Jan 22nd from 10-whenever

Saturday's events will be hosted by a combo of OMC, Talio, and/or Groove
Sunday's events will be hosted by locals Cranks and THIRST, or perhaps OMC again.

Location is the same as always, until we find one closer to Veggie. Stay tuned for the location.

10011 Glen Road
Potomac, Maryland 20854

This location will work on Sunday, for Saturday I am going to have to check the school's calendar. However, this location can be used for Mapquest, the backups are under 5 miles away.

Unless we can find a place within Veggie's 22 mile permitted zone?

Edited by crankymonky, 21 December 2005 - 03:25 PM.

Tyranny Response Team

#2 VeggieBoy 3000

VeggieBoy 3000

• Members
  • 160 posts

Posted 03 December 2005 - 09:14 PM

Holy shit, I think I may be able to get to this one! Pretty much any saturday works for me. I have liberty on saturdays from noon till 10 PM meaning that I have to BE BACK at 10. Also I'm technically not allowed to leave a 22-mile radius around the academy while on liberty, so while you guys are picking places if theres one more towards Annapolis then that would be beneficial. Lastly a ride from someone there and back would be super cool.

In any case, I really hope I can make it. If one of you guys could hook me up with a ride then that would pretty much guarantee me being there, whoever can help either PM me or IM me veggieboy3000.

Edited by VeggieBoy 3000, 03 December 2005 - 09:15 PM.

Go NAVY! Beat ARMY!

#3 One Man Clan

One Man Clan

TOFTS

• Contributors
  • 2,170 posts

Posted 03 December 2005 - 10:51 PM

veghead, I might be able to help you out as soon as we figure out what we are doin. I will probably be staying with my gf in Baltimore or some friends of ours in Dundalk so I could swing down and get you and head to the war. HOWEVER, this is all depending on when the war is, and more importantly who can make it.

My votes are 1/21 or 1/28, those saturdays. I'll be in Baltimore for new years weekend so I dont wanna go RIGHT back down the next weekend or 2. This again all depends on how many people can make it. I'm not about to drive to MD again for a 6 man war. (Although I probably would b/c I'd ge staying with my gf anyway, but you get my point).

Paul, Groove, Bolt, EVERYONE, lets get to the plannin.

Speaking of that, we doin a Reckoning this year during everyone's winter break?
I hate you.

#4 The Infinite Shindig

The Infinite Shindig

Arma-what-now?

• Contributors
  • 1,383 posts

Posted 04 December 2005 - 12:57 AM

Paul, Groove, Bolt, EVERYONE, lets get to the plannin.

Speaking of that, we doin a Reckoning this year during everyone's winter break?

I'm going to come out and say that Sunday, January 8th works the best for me. The following weekend has possibilities. I need to know more details about where the war will take place before I can give a solid answer on the second weekend.

Reckoning makes this whole situation interesting. I'm going to have to ponder it over. Perhaps we could do it the 8th and the DCNO the following weekend? It wouldn't guarantee my attendance at DCNO, but it would keep both wars intact.

Again, I'm going to need to mull this all over. Sorry about the thinking out loud post.
Shindig of the Lawn Chair Mafia

<a href="http://www.albinobla.../flash/posting" target="_blank">Posting and You</a>

#5 Groove

Groove

Certified Badass

• Founders
  • 1,673 posts

Posted 05 December 2005 - 11:25 AM

I'm good for any of those dates. Just choose whatever is most accomodating to everyone, and I can swing it. Since I just learned Boltsniper lives about 20 minutes from me I'm sure I can arrange a ride for him as well. That goes for Shinny and Veggie as well, provided it's not a 2 hour detour, I can offer my set of wheels.
-Groove

"Too close for missiles, I'm switchin' to guns"

#6 The Infinite Shindig

The Infinite Shindig

Arma-what-now?

• Contributors
  • 1,383 posts

Posted 05 December 2005 - 11:52 AM

Groove, I guess you don't realize that Blacksburg is 4-5 hours from Richmond. Hope to see you there, but I'm not asking you to make an 8-10 hour trip out of your way.

<a href="http://www.albinobla.../flash/posting" target="_blank">Posting and You</a>

#7 NerfMonkey

NerfMonkey

• Members
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 05 December 2005 - 07:07 PM

January 28th is OUT for me. Any other date is fine, but the 28th is a definite no.

Damn, if 1/14, 1/21 and 1/28 are out for me, as well as 2/5, I've got only the...7th and then any day before February 18; that's when I leave for Vegas.

1/7 or 2/12 and any other Sundays that aren't the 29th are the only dates I can go.

Oh, and I should also add, the 29th is out now too.

I hope I can make it guys.

Edited by NerfMonkey, 05 December 2005 - 07:46 PM.

SexD Warves

#8 Groove

Groove

Certified Badass

• Founders
  • 1,673 posts

Posted 06 December 2005 - 12:42 AM

Groove, I guess you don't realize that Blacksburg is 4-5 hours from Richmond. Hope to see you there, but I'm not asking you to make an 8-10 hour trip out of your way.

Touche, good sir...

...touche.

-Groove

#9 Kuhlschrank

Kuhlschrank

• Members
  • 452 posts

Posted 06 December 2005 - 09:00 AM

If I can drag one of the other lcmers(Kevin) with me, I think I will attempt the trip down there. Obviously, this all depends on how cooperative nature is gonna be. I'm good for any date before Jan 22nd, as that is when I go back to school.
+Kuhlschrank+ of the ~Lawnchair Mafia~

#10 Talio

Talio

Not your mother

• Contributors
  • 2,781 posts

Posted 06 December 2005 - 12:16 PM

Okay, here's the deal guys. I haven't nerfed since the last one and I should really show up at either this or Reckoning, but of course with any war this time of year, coupled with my crazy work requirements and new living condition, it's extremely difficult. I don't know how many people here actually know this, but I was promoted and have moved into a new house. Both of these equal less time and money. On top of that, I'm trying to nurture an ever-dying social life, so understand it's not a lack of motivation or desire, it's merely a lack of time and resources.

Set a date. If I can make it that day, I will be there, but I cannot make any garantees.

If you guys need help with the hosting or any advice, hit me up anytime on AIM or specifically at my email (only thing that gets checked daily) Talio@nerfhaven.com.

Good luck guys, hope I'll see you there,

Talio.
New posts on my blog, check it out. - Click on the ad too, cause I get money per click. Give back to the Admin team for once!

#11 NerfMonkey

NerfMonkey

• Members
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 06 December 2005 - 04:14 PM

Earlier is better for me. I have no preference now if it's a Saturday or Sunday, just as long as it's within about five weeks. Anything later and my chances of going are low.

Edited by NerfMonkey, 06 December 2005 - 04:15 PM.

SexD Warves

#12 Guest_thatwasrandom801_*

Guest_thatwasrandom801_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 December 2005 - 06:43 PM

Just pick a date.

#13 Talio

Talio

Not your mother

• Contributors
  • 2,781 posts

Posted 09 December 2005 - 09:57 AM

Okay, after some thought, I've considered that you Jersey boys are going to be driving right past my house. I'm two minutes off of 95. If one of you are willing to stop by and pick me up, I'd be willing to chip in a bit for gas. Driving is one of the huge things that's holding me back. I need my car for work and putting it through 2 hours of torment and possible wreckage, is not my idea of fun.

As far as dates go, any day it's not snowing is a good day to Nerf. I'd perfer a Sunday so I can go out both Friday and Saturday night.

As a side note, I will be hungover for the first half of the day (as with just about every other nerf war in the last 6 months), but don't worry, I won't puke on anyone or have violent streaks of anger. Mainly I'll just sit there and have a headache.

Talio.
New posts on my blog, check it out. - Click on the ad too, cause I get money per click. Give back to the Admin team for once!

#14 NerfMonkey

NerfMonkey

• Members
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 09 December 2005 - 11:35 AM

January 7th and 8th are best for me. Preferably the 8th if that's when the most people can make it. If that date doesn't work speak up.
SexD Warves

#15 The Infinite Shindig

The Infinite Shindig

Arma-what-now?

• Contributors
  • 1,383 posts

Posted 09 December 2005 - 12:07 PM

At this point, I'd just like to see a date get set. That way the Jersey guys can set a date for Reckoning. I'll be flying back to school out of Atlantic City on the 16th.

#16 VeggieBoy 3000

VeggieBoy 3000

• Members
  • 160 posts

Posted 09 December 2005 - 02:44 PM

Heres when I can come:

All Saturdays
Jan 14
Jan 21
Feb 4
Feb 11
Feb 25
March 4

Any or all of those are of equal value to me.

toodles!
Go NAVY! Beat ARMY!

#17 The Infinite Shindig

The Infinite Shindig

Arma-what-now?

• Contributors
  • 1,383 posts

Posted 12 December 2005 - 04:21 PM

If you guys want me to consider working Reckoning around your date, then I'd ask that you set it soon. I don't care if you have to screw me over; I'll get down there someday. Right now I was leaning to have Reckoning January 8, but Death has a conflict and I am more inclined to work around him and move it to the following weekend.

#18 NerfMonkey

NerfMonkey

• Members
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 12 December 2005 - 05:06 PM

EDIT: Sorry to hear that Cranky, I'm cool with any time as long as I finally get to Nerf with you guys.

Edited by NerfMonkey, 12 December 2005 - 08:53 PM.

SexD Warves

#19 Crankymonky

Crankymonky

It's The Dean!

• Members
  • 687 posts

Posted 12 December 2005 - 08:40 PM

I'm kind of sick, so we may have to push the war off a few months...maybe something in March or April. And then it'll be warm also.
Tyranny Response Team

#20 Talio

Talio

Not your mother

• Contributors
  • 2,781 posts

Posted 12 December 2005 - 08:52 PM

Fuck that. If someone can assure me a ride, I'll host it.

Talio.

#21 Bad Karma

Bad Karma

• Members
  • 271 posts

Posted 12 December 2005 - 09:03 PM

Things ar making head way on my "someday" trip to a DC and/ or Jersey fest. I have a car. Now I just need to turn 18 so the parents will let me go....And I can get hotel reservations...So looks like a lttle longer...Just though I'd mention it...I really do wanna nerf with you guys. Some day!

~Da BK~
Da BK 02: well...I just wanted to tell you...since your going to be dieing...I 've always hated you...and I mean that
TheTalio: Fuck you...I still love you

#22 One Man Clan

One Man Clan

TOFTS

• Contributors
  • 2,170 posts

Posted 12 December 2005 - 11:00 PM

Crank, set a date. If Talio, Groove, or Myself (or anyone with war experience for that matter) can make it, we will assume hosting duties if necessary. The 8th would be hard for me to pull off b/c I will be in baltimore the weekend prior and I don't feel like burning up that much mileage on my car. I could however arrange a ride system of somekind with perhaps LCM or Talio and make it work.

MORE on that once you set a date. And, actually the more I think about it, the more it would make sense for me to carpool with Talio. Andrew, we gotta work something like this out if we can. I'll check this thread tomorrow after work for more info.
I hate you.

#23 Groove

Groove

Certified Badass

• Founders
  • 1,673 posts

Posted 13 December 2005 - 12:28 AM

Crank, set a date. If Talio, Groove, or Myself (or anyone with war experience for that matter) can make it, we will assume hosting duties if necessary.

Agreed.

The 8th would also be hard for me to make. Mainly with seeing friends and family and such, I'll be running around like a mad man. Set a date and since we obviously can't accomodate everyone we will try our best to see we can get as many people as possible there to play.

-Groove

#24 Suave

Suave

• Members
  • 186 posts

Posted 13 December 2005 - 12:52 PM

I think I'm doing the rounds again this year, but it won't be until January or February.

So Talio and Groove are gonna piss out again.

But when I get some dates maybe we can throw something together.

#25 Langley

Langley

LGLF - Since 2002

• Administrators
  • 2,997 posts

Posted 14 December 2005 - 12:32 AM

Ok, so now that we've established who's actually running the show, lets get a date set, eh? I'm going to try to make it and depending on the date, I may bring some of the crew from the Yawn family, plus a newb or two from school down to the war, but I need a date set so I can plan all that out.

You can poop in my toilet anytime champ.

2016 Nerf War Schedule
Bless you, my son. Now recite 3 New Members Guides and 5 Code of Conducts for your sins.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users