Photo

Hornet Help

4 replies to this topic

#1 Marine

Marine

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 02 December 2005 - 05:42 PM

I need a little advice. I don't want to do anything special like brass barrels or pvc barrels. I just want it to shoot, and consistently. I know the problem is the little spring loaded plastic (tripod thing) at the end of the barrel. But can I just simply open it up and take it out or is it more complicated and I need to buy a dremel?

Edit: Also If i just take out the pegs and start shooting stefans will the stefans pop out like the stock darts do or will I have the same problem is I don't take the springs out?

Edited by Marine, 02 December 2005 - 05:44 PM.

#2 SG Pilot

SG Pilot

• Members
  • 281 posts

Posted 03 December 2005 - 01:05 PM

I believe you will need a dremel to drill out the air restricting stuff at the end/bottum of the barrels. If you do ever get a hold of one, be very careful when drilling them out. Also do NOT, I repeat, do NOT plug the overpressure release valve at the end of the pump. You will get airpressure problems when you pump it.
You also can simply pull out the pegs and I can guarentee you that it'll shoot stefans fine.
QUOTE(VACC @ Oct 9 2009, 04:45 AM) View Post

I know, I HATE toy guns that are made for little kids!

#3 ompa

ompa

Introductinator

• Moderators
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 04 December 2005 - 10:27 PM

Ach, it's been too long since I've opened up my hornet... Alright, look down the barrels. If you see a little three-pronged thing at the bottom, chances are you'll need a dremel to get rid of them. Unfortunately, I'm almost positive it has the three prongs. If you just rip off the prongs, I doubt the gun will fire at all. I'll explain why later if needed.

Heh, it's been a while, I've been absent partially because my comp's hard drive was taken away. But no matter, I have 2 more computers up and running.

~ompa

Edited by ompa, 04 December 2005 - 10:39 PM.

#4 SG Pilot

SG Pilot

• Members
  • 281 posts

Posted 07 December 2005 - 06:12 PM

Ompa, I wasn't sure, but I was having problems with my Hornet too. When I toke my dremel and drilled out the air restrictors, all the stuff falls to the bottum and I can't seem to pull them out at all. Then, after I drilled out the last barrel, I hear leaking air when I try to pump it. Anything I did wrong? I don't think I had drilled correctly. How far should I drill down to? I probably should have use that round-shaped sander thing.

Edited by SG Pilot, 07 December 2005 - 06:24 PM.

QUOTE(VACC @ Oct 9 2009, 04:45 AM) View Post

I know, I HATE toy guns that are made for little kids!

#5 NerfMonkey

NerfMonkey

• Members
  • 1,821 posts
  • State:Virginia

Posted 07 December 2005 - 07:51 PM

Here was how I did it, and it worked fine for me (I plugged the pump and have no problems with pressure or leaking or anything):

1) I took needle-nosed pliers and ripped out the poles in the barrels.

2) I took my Dremel with a little spinning saw piece and chopped off the barrels.

3) I took my Dremel and, using a drill bit, drilled straight into the three-pronged piece in the end of the barrel, going in circles, but still applied pressure to get rid of the whole thing. It should just fall down there now.

4) I took the pliers and poked the little piece (without prongs now) to push it sideways, so I could get at it sideways - the side of the circle - and yanked it out.

5) I drilled out whatever was left, but tried not to hit the valves. I did once or twice and heard air leaking horribly when I pumped it, but it was just debris down there, because when I shot it and pumped it up again, there were no leaks.
SexD Warves

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users