Photo

Crossbow

14 replies to this topic

#1 Sharpshooter

Sharpshooter

• Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 30 November 2005 - 04:22 PM

While I was searching for released guns I found the topic on the Maverack. Well in that topic someone asked the guy if Hasbro had anything to do with the swarm of crossbows on the market. What does that mean? Like are stores selling brand new crossbows or is there a surge of them on ebay or something. Im really confused. Sorry If I wasn't supposed to start a new topic on this. If I wasnt supposed to then mods please close it. Thank You

Edited by Sharpshooter, 30 November 2005 - 04:24 PM.

Im a Sharp Shooter YE HAAAA

HAHAHA

#2 euphemism

euphemism

• Members
  • 262 posts

Posted 30 November 2005 - 04:48 PM

It proabably refers to the Ebay crossbows from Meredith Nathan's eBay store. She managed to get her hands on a bunch of crossbows and has been selling them 1-2 at a time ever since.

#3 Sharpshooter

Sharpshooter

• Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 30 November 2005 - 06:22 PM

Oh, okay. What is the url of her ebay store??

EDIT: Nevermind I found it, but jesus christ $60 for a nerf gun. This seems a lot to me.

Edited by Sharpshooter, 30 November 2005 - 06:31 PM.

HAHAHA

#4 DTReaper

DTReaper

• Members
  • 309 posts

Posted 30 November 2005 - 06:39 PM

They used to be alot less but someone(hatrad in vocie) told her that they were more valuable.

-DTR
QUOTE(VACC @ Dec 5 2008, 12:09 AM) View Post

That's it. I'm done. I'm sorry there are breasts on the Internet.

#5 Sharpshooter

Sharpshooter

• Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 30 November 2005 - 07:23 PM

Haha, who would tell her that. Thats dumb. I want to know where she is getting theese things. I mean shes probaly making a hell of a profit.

HAHAHA

#6 DX-Robert

DX-Robert

formerly DX

• Members
  • 679 posts

Posted 30 November 2005 - 07:40 PM

The consumer may be getting ripped off, but it's extremely smart for the seller. All I can say is be thankful for the prices you have. A nerf gun of "legendary" status sells for $60. Big deal. The two "legendary" water guns, the CPS 2000 and Monster XL, sell for up to $250 on Ebay, the highest BIN I've ever seen was a whopping $750. Obviously that gun didn't sell at the BIN price, but the seller dared to set it that high!

United Nerf Ops - The premier northeast US nerf club serving the tristate area (NY, NJ, CT)
NYC Nerf Ops - Nerf in New York City itself
NJ Nerf Ops - Nerf in New Jersey
CT Nerf Ops - Nerf in Connecticut

UNO also has a Discord server, DM me on Discord to join (@vincentdrake)

-----------------------------------------------
My other groups:
Nerf Thrifters - A group for posting thrifts and other second-hand finds

#7 reversedracula

reversedracula

• Members
  • 170 posts

Posted 01 December 2005 - 08:45 PM

I've seen crossbows at 120 or so before on e-bay. 60 bucks isn't so bad. It's no worse than buying an N-Strike and a half.
NERF OR NOTHIGN!11!eleven!!!one!!!one!11!!!!onhoundredandeleven!!!!!

#8 BloodMoon

BloodMoon

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 01 December 2005 - 08:54 PM

The 'someone' that you're refering to probably had a very minimal part in the increase in price, from what I see. It's simple supply/demand theory. Once the seller saw how fast they were going, she would have racheted up the price a notch anyway. The way I see it (though I may or may not be alone here), the person who told her was just being a good neighbor, not doing anything stupid.
We live in an age when pizza
gets to your house before the police.

#9 Team Slaya

Team Slaya

• Members
  • 615 posts

Posted 01 December 2005 - 09:13 PM

That's true, but i doubt it would go for as much as it is now. Maybe $40, but not $60+. I mean, you gotta rationalize this situation - It's a plastic toy gun.

TS

#10 euphemism

euphemism

• Members
  • 262 posts

Posted 01 December 2005 - 09:25 PM

Here's the deal on that woman.  I have (as well as CX have) purchased a full case of NIB xbows right out.  She came across a whole pallet or something and bought them for a price and has been slowly seeling them on ebay for the prices.  NSF gets the blame for going and telling her to raise her price, but she would have after the first few sold at high prices.  That is the basic law of supply and demand.  She is an excellent ebayer and I am happy to have done business with her.  I have also negotiatied the purchase of another case of xbows and I intend to perhaps list them here before ebay.  I just received them in the mail today.  I know she does not frequent this site, but I just thought I would let everyone know exactly how there are so many xbows on ebay.

I think that about sums it up except for one thing, back then she still actually auctioned them so you could get lucky and get one cheaper but now she only sells them at $60 BIN which, I believe is a somewhat recent development.

#11 reversedracula

reversedracula

• Members
  • 170 posts

Posted 02 December 2005 - 12:28 AM

You'd be amazed what people will buy. At least it's somewhat useful in a game with one's friends. I Nerf weekly with 20-30 people for a good five hours. A sixty dollar investment in that sort of activity isn't that unreasonable. It's still loads cheaper than playing paintball or such. Additionally, working as a rare book dealer, I can safely assure you that people pay all sorts of insane prices for things that seem sort of everyday. People collect all manner of everything, including Nerf guns. First editions or rare copies of various books go for hundreds and thousands of dollars, and often the books are only a few decades old and only barely different from reprinted copies. I'm sure it's the same with stamps, baseball cards, and whatever else people collect. At least a powerful toy gun has more practical utility than collections of things that just sit around collecting dust, but then, if that sort of thing gives people a powerful positive aesthetic force, I'm not really in a position to judge one compulsive hobby over another.
NERF OR NOTHIGN!11!eleven!!!one!!!one!11!!!!onhoundredandeleven!!!!!

#12 ace mx

ace mx

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 02 December 2005 - 03:03 PM

My friend bought a crossbow off e-bay for about $120. Now he's not even sure he'll be able to use it at a war at all. There goes $120 down the drain.
"fortune favors the bold" -Alixander "the great"

#13 Falcon

Falcon

Velcro'd Beanpole

• Members
  • 1,375 posts

Posted 03 December 2005 - 12:01 AM

Why would he be unable to use it?

I use one at wars just fine. If he doesn't like the single shot prospect, he shouldn't have bought one to begin with. Tell him to carry a sidearm.

Just don't forget that it's there....I do that a lot.
----------||||||||)
QUOTE(Ilùvatar @ 0000) View Post
Of the theme that I have declared to you, I will now that ye make in harmony together a Great Music.

#14 Oddball

Oddball

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 03 December 2005 - 08:50 AM

Why would he be unable to use it?

I use one at wars just fine. If he doesn't like the single shot prospect, he shouldn't have bought one to begin with. Tell him to carry a sidearm.

Just don't forget that it's there....I do that a lot.

Not everyone has ready access to wars..
;)

#15 euphemism

euphemism

• Members
  • 262 posts

Posted 03 December 2005 - 11:33 AM

Well everyone who can equip at least three willing friends has easy access to wars. Wars don't need to have fancy names, be in NJ, California, Michigan or Massachusetts and have over 1200 people.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users