Photo

Special Ammunition

36 replies to this topic

#1 Enigma1313

Enigma1313

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 27 November 2005 - 09:53 PM

Alright...while back i bought a "Paintball Grenade launcher" Off eBay. Basically, its a 2" PVC pipe attached to an M14 stock with a ballvalve behind that you hook CO2 up to. I'll post a pic when I can.

Anyways, since I don't really play many scenario paintball games, I've been looking to get this baby into nerf. I need something to fire, tho, and i don't know what. I already tried a mini Vortex football, but i had to wrap so much duct tape around it to make a seal that its too heavy to get any farther than 20 feet.

So I'm looking for some type of ammo that I'll be able to fire out of this thing.It has to be able to make a seal in a 2" diameter PVC. Any suggestions?

P.S. If this is in the wrong forum, could a mod please move it?
"Excellence over Compassion. Hatred over Foregiveness. Dedication before Forfeit. So is the way of the Enigma."
-Excerpt from the Preamble of the Enigma Code.

#2 DX-Robert

DX-Robert

formerly DX

• Members
  • 679 posts

Posted 27 November 2005 - 10:00 PM

Don't have the ammo make the seal, put the ammo in an object that will make the seal. For example, a tennis ball can makes a perfect seal in 3" PVC and anything smaller than 3" can be shot out of it with amazing results. I'm not quite sure what you could use as a seal for 2" PVC, but think of it that way. Trying to use just your ammo as a seal will limit what you can shoot and how well it can be shot.

United Nerf Ops - The premier northeast US nerf club serving the tristate area (NY, NJ, CT)
NYC Nerf Ops - Nerf in New York City itself
NJ Nerf Ops - Nerf in New Jersey
CT Nerf Ops - Nerf in Connecticut

UNO also has a Discord server, DM me on Discord to join (@vincentdrake)

-----------------------------------------------
My other groups:
Nerf Thrifters - A group for posting thrifts and other second-hand finds

#3 Uncle Hammer

Uncle Hammer

• Members
  • 750 posts

Posted 27 November 2005 - 10:11 PM

I think what duxaburin is refering to is a saboet or however you spell it. It is essentially a housing for the ammo and makes a seal with the barrel with no effect on the range of your ammo. When your item is shot the ammo will go and the saboet will be cast off close the the intial launch point.
Don't mess with Texas cuz its bigger than France, bitch..
QUOTE (Talio)
Catagory 5 hurricanes are the mighty dick of God.  You don't mess with that!  You don't mess with Gods dick!

#4 DX-Robert

DX-Robert

formerly DX

• Members
  • 679 posts

Posted 27 November 2005 - 10:18 PM

Exactly! If you want an example, here's a video clip a friend and I made recently:

Example of this concept

You can get the general idea without watching the whole thing, as it is a somewhat large file with bad quality.

United Nerf Ops - The premier northeast US nerf club serving the tristate area (NY, NJ, CT)

My other groups:

#5 m15399

m15399

• Members
  • 146 posts

Posted 27 November 2005 - 10:19 PM

Try putting a whole bunch of shotgun stefans (short ones) in a plastic cup cut down to fit the barrel. You could also put something like a tennis ball (tennis ball won't work) down the barrel with a million stefans in front of it.

Oops, Dux beat me. But, the paper cup used in the "Douch" is the same idea.

Edited by m15399, 27 November 2005 - 10:21 PM.

#6 DX-Robert

DX-Robert

formerly DX

• Members
  • 679 posts

Posted 27 November 2005 - 10:27 PM

In 3" pipe a tennis ball can seal so well that it itself will fly up to 100 ft or more and you'll barely be able to see what you fired. When we get some material for stefans, we are going to fill the barrel with them and see how far they can travel. The current "Douchenator" could hold dozens upon dozens of stefans and could fire them hundreds of feet.

I'll have to make a new topic for that. Getting back to the original inquiry, check at a hardware store to see if they've got anything cup-like that will fit in 2" PVC. It can be made of nearly any material [keep it lightweight though].

Edited by Duxburian, 27 November 2005 - 10:33 PM.

My other groups:

#7 Forsaken angel24

Forsaken angel24

• Contributors
  • 2,472 posts

Posted 27 November 2005 - 11:32 PM

I can't help but feel encouraged to beg you to mod that to shoot stefans. If you won't. maybe I will. Tell us some details on the paintball grenade laucher. Who makes it? what is its real name? How much did you get it for?
I don't get my kicks out of you,
I don't feel the way I used to do.
I know its bad,
After what we had,
But I’m just not the angel you knew.

#8 Forsaken angel24

Forsaken angel24

• Contributors
  • 2,472 posts

Posted 27 November 2005 - 11:34 PM

Exactly!  If you want an example, here's a video clip a friend and I made recently:

Example of this concept

I can't help but feel encouraged to beg you to mod that to shoot stefans. If you won't. maybe I will. Tell us some details on the paintball grenade laucher. Who makes it? what is its real name? How much did you get it for?

Sorry guys, I didnt mean to double post. I went to post my reply and I got a message: about flood control so I clicked back waited about a minute and edited my post, then tried to post again. When I went to read my post, there I saw the double post.

Edited by Forsaken_angel24, 27 November 2005 - 11:36 PM.

I know its bad,
After what we had,

#9 Uncle Hammer

Uncle Hammer

• Members
  • 750 posts

Posted 28 November 2005 - 12:03 AM

I think thats a homemade air/combustion cannon that he made himself. And to shoot a stefan from that would be dumb. The idea of shooting large projectiles very long distances is alot more satisfiying than shooting a small dart.
QUOTE (Talio)
Catagory 5 hurricanes are the mighty dick of God.  You don't mess with that!  You don't mess with Gods dick!

#10 Sharpshooter

Sharpshooter

• Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 28 November 2005 - 03:38 PM

Yea, but if he did actually shoot a dart from that I would think it could travel like over 200 feet. That would be so kickass. Why don't you try doing it out of a potato gun with smaller PVC. I would think that might burn the dart though so never mind. I wanna see where this idea goes, it seems cool.
Im a Sharp Shooter YE HAAAA

HAHAHA

#11 TriggerHappyAzn

TriggerHappyAzn

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 28 November 2005 - 04:25 PM

Is this it?

http://www.alternati...com/m79mkII.htm

#12 DX-Robert

DX-Robert

formerly DX

• Members
  • 679 posts

Posted 28 November 2005 - 06:00 PM

Yea, but if he did actually shoot a dart from that I would think it could travel like over 200 feet. That would be so kickass. Why don't you try doing it out of a potato gun with smaller PVC. I would think that might burn the dart though so never mind. I wanna see where this idea goes, it seems cool.

The Douchenator uses compressed air, so shooting darts from it couldn't burn them. It can shoot a tennis ball up to 800 ft, and I think a whole bunch of stefans in the barrel could travel at least 300. Depends on the weight of each stefan and how many are shot.

My other groups:

#13 Enigma1313

Enigma1313

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 28 November 2005 - 07:35 PM

I think thats a homemade air/combustion cannon that he made himself. And to shoot a stefan from that would be dumb. The idea of shooting large projectiles very long distances is alot more satisfiying than shooting a small dart.

Exactly...I'm not looking to shoot stefans. If i were I would not be looking for ammunition that would work well in the barrel. Sure, the practical use of something this massive firing a massive round in a nerf war is low at best, but I just wanna mess around with the idea of sort of carrying my own portable Nerf Howitzer.

Anyways, I like the idea of a Sabot round. Didnt think of it that way. Have to look into making a cup-like thing, or even crafting my own sort of shell that contains something to fire.

Is this it?

http://www.alternati...om/m79mkII.htm

yes...yes it is...except my ball valve handle rotates up instead of down...i find it cooler that way...makes it easier to fire.
"Excellence over Compassion. Hatred over Foregiveness. Dedication before Forfeit. So is the way of the Enigma."

#14 m15399

m15399

• Members
  • 146 posts

Posted 28 November 2005 - 07:53 PM

If you wanted the Douch to shoot stefans... Just build a ball valve homemade with a huge pressure chamber and a 10 ft. barrel :P
It's basically the same thing.

#15 Dr Nerf

Dr Nerf

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 28 November 2005 - 08:21 PM

It can shoot a tennis ball up to 800 ft, and I think a whole bunch of stefans in the barrel could travel at least 300.

When you actually get around to shooting off a bunch of stefans in the barrel, I think that you would be very disappointed. Even when I shot extra heavy stefans out of my air pressure bolt action homemade, I was never able to get past around 250 feet. Stefans tend not to shoot as far as other forms of ammunition because they are so light.

So I'm looking for some type of ammo that I'll be able to fire out of this thing.It has to be able to make a seal in a 2" diameter PVC. Any suggestions?

I know SpudTech sells "Supah-Balls", but these fit perfectly in schedule 80 2" PVC pipe. You could try to shoot off potatoes. Another option would be to look around and try to find foam that is very large. Look at places that sell packaging materials or go to a home improvement store and ask them what kinds of foam that they have available. If you get some foam with a larger diameter, you could try to build a "giant stefan" or two.

#16 Uncle Hammer

Uncle Hammer

• Members
  • 750 posts

Posted 28 November 2005 - 10:05 PM

The largest FBR I am aware of is 1 inch.
QUOTE (Talio)

#17 Enigma1313

Enigma1313

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 28 November 2005 - 10:58 PM

Hmm...these superballs are somewhat intriguing...have to look into getting some....but again, I'd prefer nerf-style foam ammunition...and i was actually looking into combining the previous SABOT idea with a giant stefan of sorts...Im thinking something along the lines of making my own massive buzzbee shells that exit the barrel with the projectile....hmmmm....if only i knew where to get good foam that big.

#18 NiborDude

NiborDude

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 28 November 2005 - 11:18 PM

I'm the creator of the douchenator. I was pondering this a while ago. I was thinking that maybe if you shaved down a big piece of styrofoam to fit in the barrel it may work out pretty well. Only thing is if people will consider the giant dart as legal. Another problem would be weight. A dart that size needs to be weighted well and if it's too heavy, and hits someone, it may be pretty painful.

I like the idea of filling the barrel with stefans because then it's a big shot gun blast.

Edited by NiborDude, 28 November 2005 - 11:19 PM.

#19 TriggerHappyAzn

TriggerHappyAzn

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 29 November 2005 - 04:56 PM

http://www.imagestat...l?id=2116871921

You could probably use this stuff to make a huge nerf round or a sabot.

#20 LastManAlive

LastManAlive

• Members
  • 686 posts

Posted 29 November 2005 - 05:39 PM

You could measure the diameter of a NERF vortex mini football and get the right size pipe for it.
He came, He saw, and he conquered... But where did everyone go?

#21 m15399

m15399

• Members
  • 146 posts

Posted 29 November 2005 - 06:00 PM

The point was he already has the launcher and is looking for ammunition. You would have to mod the launcher to be able to use a different sized barrel. I know I wouldn't want to mod a paintball launcher (probably cost an arm and a leg). :ph34r:

#22 DX-Robert

DX-Robert

formerly DX

• Members
  • 679 posts

Posted 29 November 2005 - 06:04 PM

Well, to use a different sized barrel, you only have to unscrew the current one and screw in another size of PVC. The problem is wholly the ammunition. We've got the launcher, got the sealing cup, just need a big thing to shoot that would be accepted in a Nerf war. Again, I prefer the idea of shooting a shitload of Stefans, but we have not been able to try that yet.

My other groups:

#23 Forsaken angel24

Forsaken angel24

• Contributors
  • 2,472 posts

Posted 29 November 2005 - 06:07 PM

http://www.imagestat...l?id=2116871921\

You could probably use this stuff to make a huge nerf round or a sabot.

Where did you find that stuff?
I know its bad,
After what we had,

#24 L t

L t

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 29 November 2005 - 08:06 PM

I have heard the nerf mini footballs fit perfectly in 2in. PVC.

#25 Enigma1313

Enigma1313

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 29 November 2005 - 08:09 PM

Hmm...you mean the non-vortex ones? Intriguing....

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users