Photo

Shotgun Dart

25 replies to this topic

#1 ogopogo

ogopogo

• Members
  • 108 posts

Posted 27 November 2005 - 01:06 PM

I like the littel dart idea but i had to make my own. First you need a stock dart littel peices of FBR and some airsoft bb,s i used 6mm ones. Posted Image Then take a bit of FBR and crush it down a littel so its small and fits in one of the holes of the stock dart. Posted Image Then put in the air soft bb,s after you do that plug the other hole on the other side of the dart with some FBR. make shure you dont use a ram rod with this dart ust put it in as far as you can.

#2 Forsaken angel24

Forsaken angel24

• Contributors
  • 2,472 posts

Posted 27 November 2005 - 01:28 PM

So basically a really small s_niper dart.

Edited by Forsaken_angel24, 27 November 2005 - 01:28 PM.

I don't get my kicks out of you,
I don't feel the way I used to do.
I know its bad,
After what we had,
But I’m just not the angel you knew.

#3 ogopogo

ogopogo

• Members
  • 108 posts

Posted 27 November 2005 - 01:35 PM

i dont know what you mean by asshole dart

#4 Forsaken angel24

Forsaken angel24

• Contributors
  • 2,472 posts

Posted 27 November 2005 - 01:45 PM

A s_niper dart is basically a stefan dart but instead of Fbr people use stock darts. Kinda like the pic below.
Posted Image
I know its bad,
After what we had,

#5 man with many guns

man with many guns

• Members
  • 167 posts

Posted 27 November 2005 - 01:53 PM

A s_niper dart is basically a stefan dart but instead of Fbr people use stock darts. Kinda like the pic below.
Posted Image

Yeah, a asshole dart performs alot better than stefans, does yours?

Edited by man_with_many_guns, 27 November 2005 - 01:54 PM.

Call me guns.
Mjdfuzzy: meh most people areound here are like "suk my balls michigan" and i'm like "you don't have balls you loser"
[12:43] mjdfuzzy: your mom's an ugly slut
[12:43] mjdfuzzy: ...and i love it

#6 ogopogo

ogopogo

• Members
  • 108 posts

Posted 27 November 2005 - 02:02 PM

mine shoots the air soft bb,s out of the stock dart like a shotgun

#7 Forsaken angel24

Forsaken angel24

• Contributors
  • 2,472 posts

Posted 27 November 2005 - 04:17 PM

Indeed they do. I find they work great on all guns except for high powered guns.
I use buzzbee stock darts to make them because i find the nerf stock are too thin and would only work well in cpvc. Besides Buzz Bee is selling packs of 16 darts for only $1.97 CAD

EDIT: Ok now I know what your saying. But why would you want to shoot airsoft bb's at someone through a nerf gun. Why not just buy an airsoft gun? Who would you shoot these at? Also what stops the dart from flying out as well?

Edited by Forsaken_angel24, 27 November 2005 - 04:22 PM.

I know its bad,
After what we had,

#8 man with many guns

man with many guns

• Members
  • 167 posts

Posted 27 November 2005 - 04:35 PM

Indeed they do. I find they work great on all guns except for high powered guns.
I use buzzbee stock darts to make them because i find the nerf stock are too thin and would only work well in cpvc. Besides Buzz Bee is selling packs of 16 darts for only $1.97 CAD

EDIT: Ok now I know what your saying. But why would you want to shoot airsoft bb's at someone through a nerf gun. Why not just buy an airsoft gun? Who would you shoot these at? Also what stops the dart from flying out as well?

I try it, it does fly out a few feet, but not much.
Call me guns.
Mjdfuzzy: meh most people areound here are like "suk my balls michigan" and i'm like "you don't have balls you loser"

#9 Forsaken angel24

Forsaken angel24

• Contributors
  • 2,472 posts

Posted 27 November 2005 - 04:46 PM

The question was more directed at ogopogo.
I know its bad,
After what we had,

#10 ogopogo

ogopogo

• Members
  • 108 posts

Posted 27 November 2005 - 05:20 PM

Well because its a convinuent littel thing to use in a indoor war you can take out like 3 pepole with one shot. And you can hold the gun upside down with out stuff falling out its like a shot gun for nerf. And you dont have to load all the shotgun homade darts in the gun. i shot mine with a sm5k and thay whent 40 feet with a 4 foot spread. Also the dart comes out to behind the bb,s

Edited by ogopogo, 27 November 2005 - 05:21 PM.

#11 Forsaken angel24

Forsaken angel24

• Contributors
  • 2,472 posts

Posted 27 November 2005 - 05:26 PM

Ok, I see what you are getting at. Either way it is not a shotgun for nerf because you are shooting BB's at someone and not nerf darts. Sure the BB's are loaded into a nerf dart but the dart only acts like a case. I don't think I am alone on this but I just woudn't want to shoot anything other than foam at my friends. Besides even with a nite finder a stefan can sting.
I know its bad,
After what we had,

#12 Ronster

Ronster

• Members
  • 528 posts

Posted 27 November 2005 - 05:46 PM

How do you make the hot glue all sparkely and colorful?
-I Nerf, there for I am.

QUOTE(baghead @ Oct 25 2006, 09:55 AM) View Post
Ronster reminded me that I should have warned you all Prepare your Bladder for Imminent Release!!!!

#13 Forsaken angel24

Forsaken angel24

• Contributors
  • 2,472 posts

Posted 27 November 2005 - 07:44 PM

It's just craft hot glue sticks. Found at your local Michael's.
I know its bad,
After what we had,

#14 NinjZ

NinjZ

• Members
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 27 November 2005 - 09:06 PM

You realise your so called "asshole darts" arent anything special? People have varied sizes of FBR foam. Modded stock ammo just fits your barrel better...My stefans can easily outrange your ammo in one of my blasters.

Edited by NinjZ, 27 November 2005 - 09:44 PM.

#15 tenesee23

tenesee23

• Members
  • 116 posts

Posted 27 November 2005 - 09:22 PM

Isn't the foam better from a stock dart. I think it came up somewhere on NH, they custom make there own foam, so it has to be better than FBR. FBR isn't designed for Nerf, stock foam is.

Also ogopogo, is the squished FBR on the same side as the BBs, I am confused, is it there to stop the BBs from falling out?

Edit: I almost missed it. 100th post- Woot! Only 2 years and 0.11 posts per day and I made it.

Edited by tenesee23, 27 November 2005 - 09:24 PM.

Go Team FuckBuddy!

#16 NinjZ

NinjZ

• Members
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 27 November 2005 - 09:44 PM

If the darts dont fit, the darts dont fit. It doesnt matter if you have the best foam available to make darts. If it doesnt fit your barrels right, it's not going to work right.

#17 ogopogo

ogopogo

• Members
  • 108 posts

Posted 27 November 2005 - 11:22 PM

yes the squished FBR is to stop the bb,s from falling out i put it on boath sides of the dart so you can turn the gun upside down and nothing falls out

#18 PissBacon

PissBacon

• Members
  • 189 posts

Posted 03 December 2005 - 04:02 AM

I still believe stock foam is plain better if it fits properly. The characteristics of the cells cause greater air retention, resulting in greater muzzle velocity and less air resistance. Although, I wouldn't say they're only loser (sic) darts, they are the only kind I use in my clip modded guns since they are reliably uniform and perform well.

#19 Forsaken angel24

Forsaken angel24

• Contributors
  • 2,472 posts

Posted 03 December 2005 - 04:26 AM

You realise your so called "asshole darts" arent anything special? People have varied sizes of FBR foam. Modded stock ammo just fits your barrel better...My stefans can easily outrange your ammo in one of my blasters.

These so called asshole darts arent my creation. They have been around for a while. Someone else named them that. I can assure you that out of certain guns a asshole dart will prove superior to a stefan, such as the maverick and the scout and sometimes the nitefinder. I also use Buzz bee replacement darts. Nerf stock is too thin and lots of air is lost. This is probably why you think these darts suck. Pick up an ammo refill pack at your local walmart and mess with these. After turning them into asshole darts I'm sure you will change your mind.

Edited by Forsaken_angel24, 03 December 2005 - 04:28 AM.

I know its bad,
After what we had,

#20 Crappy Nerfer

Crappy Nerfer

• Banned
  • 149 posts

Posted 03 December 2005 - 07:04 AM

These so called asshole darts arent my creation. They have been around for a while. Someone else named them that. I can assure you that out of certain guns a asshole dart will prove superior to a stefan, such as the maverick and the scout and sometimes the nitefinder. I also use Buzz bee replacement darts. Nerf stock is too thin and lots of air is lost. This is probably why you think these darts suck. Pick up an ammo refill pack at your local walmart and mess with these. After turning them into asshole darts I'm sure you will change your mind.

Yeah, I use asshole Darts as well. With my Single Barreled 7" long 1/2" wide CPVC modified Airtech 2000, with the "Goo Gauge" removed, I can easily clear 100' on a level shot with three (3) pumps. I buy Dart Tag Darts and cut off the tip and put some hot glue in the hole near the front and then I quickly place a 3/0 Splitshot Fishing Weight in. Then I put hot glue over it and put just enough hot glue to make a dome. Then I get a drinking straw and insert it into the back of the dart until it stops and then I cut off what is left sticking out of the dart. asshole Darts are stronger than Stefans this way. Sure they cost more than Stefans but they have better performance and they are easier to find after being shot and they fit really well in 1/2" wide CPVC. I think Stefans are absolete now.
"If one notices a patch of gangrene in a wound on the back of one's hand, one does not simply hope that it gets better over time.

One cuts that shit off at the wrist and learns to masturbate lefty."

- Death

"By BC do you mean Boston College?"

- nerfer34

#21 man with many guns

man with many guns

• Members
  • 167 posts

Posted 03 December 2005 - 09:52 AM

I get terrrible results when using s niper darts in spring guns, but get amazing results in air guns. I use cpvc too.
Call me guns.

#22 Osiris

Osiris

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 03 December 2005 - 12:30 PM

Iv made these darts you call "asshole darts" before but they really suck they break very easily. When you shoot it out of a powerful air gun like an AT2k the hotglue tip and weight just fly out after its shot a few times. They suck just use stefans. Iv also tried the "shotgun" darts before their great but I still like stefans over them. Stefans are the best overall I think.

Edited by Osiris, 03 December 2005 - 12:30 PM.

#23 Crappy Nerfer

Crappy Nerfer

• Banned
  • 149 posts

Posted 03 December 2005 - 01:02 PM

Then your weight(s) is/are too small. Or you are not putting enough hot glue inside the area of the Dart where the weight(s) is/are (on the bottom). Or out of where the Dart is and where the weight(s) is/are (on the top). Also, as I stated earlier in my last post of this thread, put a peice of Straw just long enough to fit into the Dart. Now, I cannot see myself using Stefans again.
"If one notices a patch of gangrene in a wound on the back of one's hand, one does not simply hope that it gets better over time.

- Death

- nerfer34

#24 Forsaken angel24

Forsaken angel24

• Contributors
  • 2,472 posts

Posted 03 December 2005 - 01:42 PM

Iv made these darts you call "asshole darts" before but they really suck they break very easily. When you shoot it out of a powerful air gun like an AT2k the hotglue tip and weight just fly out after its shot a few times.

They dont suck and guys please dont waste your cash on dart tag refills. pick up the buzz bee darts they fit very well in stock barrells and 9/16 brass. Only pick up the dart tag refills if you are using cpvc. Osiris to fix your problem do this. Cut the suction tip off and add some fbr to the head and push it down a little. kinda like this: Posted Image

Now add some hot glue and put the weight in. Now fill the top and make your dome. I must admit these darts arent that great on high powered guns for range and i have always been able to get further with stefans on 100+ guns but they are better in some guns.

Now this straw thing is new to me so I beleive that with some fbr placed down there, proper glueing techniques, proper weighting and this straw technique you would have the perfect asshole dart.
I know its bad,
After what we had,

#25 Crappy Nerfer

Crappy Nerfer

• Banned
  • 149 posts

Posted 03 December 2005 - 03:38 PM

Iv made these darts you call "asshole darts" before but they really suck they break very easily. When you shoot it out of a powerful air gun like an AT2k the hotglue tip and weight just fly out after its shot a few times.

They dont suck and guys please dont waste your cash on dart tag refills. pick up the buzz bee darts they fit very well in stock barrells and 9/16 brass. Only pick up the dart tag refills if you are using cpvc. Osiris to fix your problem do this. Cut the suction tip off and add some fbr to the head and push it down a little. kinda like this: Posted Image

Now add some hot glue and put the weight in. Now fill the top and make your dome. I must admit these darts arent that great on high powered guns for range and i have always been able to get further with stefans on 100+ guns but they are better in some guns.

Now this straw thing is new to me so I beleive that with some fbr placed down there, proper glueing techniques, proper weighting and this straw technique you would have the perfect asshole dart.

Hmm, I guess I'll try using Buzz Bee Ruff Stuff Darts and put some Backer Rod in there with the hot glue and weight. Oh, and straws help make the Darts a lot Stiffer and add a bit of weight to the dart.

- Death

- nerfer34

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users