Holsters

What works?

4 replies to this topic

#1 cxwq

cxwq

• Founders
  • 3,634 posts

Posted 09 January 2003 - 01:16 PM

Does anybody have any really good ideas for sidearm holsters? I'm about to make some and I'm trying to get away from the cloth/cardboard/tape deal that most people seem to be using.

Anyway, rather than reinvent the wheel I thought I'd ask for your ideas first.

#2 VACC

VACC

Vacc is Legend

• Founders
  • 3,265 posts
  • State:New York

Posted 09 January 2003 - 02:36 PM

If you don't mind a little swing in the sidearm, Cell phone clips work well. You have to find one of those belkin clip style models though.

VACC

#3 Zero Talent

Zero Talent

• Contributors
  • 606 posts

Posted 09 January 2003 - 08:45 PM

I'm quite a fan of similar holsters, made with your average backpack strap, as in Stealth's, but using foam sheet as a body. Not only do you need little tape (Mostly hotglue), but I find it looks a bit neater, stays open a bit better, and is still quite elastic with keeping the gun in there. I also prefer to use two pieces of strapping and two pieces of velcro on their ends, going from the top of the holster and meeting just beyond the middle of the gun's handle (level with your thumb when holding the gun), so that it keeps it in there relatively well, but will part easily with force applied in the correct direction.

It's similar to something on my Blastfire holster, though I folded the velcro over on that to keep in place, being a relatively heavy gun, and with it's role as a secondary as opposed to a sidearm, and thus not requiring a quick-draw ability so much.
"'Revere me as hot! All others are not! THIS, I COMMAND!'"
- Death

#4 VACC

VACC

Vacc is Legend

• Founders
  • 3,265 posts
  • State:New York

Posted 09 January 2003 - 09:11 PM

Wow, that's pretty shnazzy dude. Actually I was just referring to the hard clips you can get without a body at all. It's simply a belt clip and recieving end, and a piece that slides into the beltclip. You then just glue second piece to the desired weapon. But then again...your idea seems to blow mine out of the water, so go with that.

VACC

#5 Zero Talent

Zero Talent

• Contributors
  • 606 posts

Posted 10 January 2003 - 07:16 PM

Wow, that's pretty shnazzy dude... But then again...your idea seems to blow mine out of the water, so go with that.

VACC

Oh, thanks! It's just obvious progression upon Stealthblade's holster and strap techniques.

The only problem I've found is that the holster is always attached, unlike yours, so it could potentially get in the way, despite it's composition of foam and fabric. You know, rustle branches, or increase paranoia of perhaps damaging the holster (despite it's cheap construction... You never know). Small, so I still find them handy. Oh, and while I'm here, Black hockey tape is much better suited to the job than electrical tape. Electrical tape doesn't form fit so well, and the adhesion seems better on the hockey tape.
"'Revere me as hot! All others are not! THIS, I COMMAND!'"
- Death

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users