Sm1.5k

Damn leak

15 replies to this topic

#1 Lukeinator

Lukeinator

• Members
  • 236 posts

Posted 19 November 2005 - 11:04 AM

One day while using my Supermaxx 1500, I heard air escaping. So, naturally, I put the internals under water and discovered that the leak is coming from here.

It's obvious that I can't use hot glue, epoxy etc. because it's a moving part. Any feedback would be appreciated. I really don't want to have to put it to rest.
Ride it like it's stolen.

#2 Uncle Hammer

Uncle Hammer

• Members
  • 750 posts

Posted 19 November 2005 - 01:30 PM

Is that the firing pin? If it is then it must be so worn that it doesn't make a good seal like it suppose to.
Don't mess with Texas cuz its bigger than France, bitch..
QUOTE (Talio)
Catagory 5 hurricanes are the mighty dick of God.  You don't mess with that!  You don't mess with Gods dick!

#3 Lukeinator

Lukeinator

• Members
  • 236 posts

Posted 19 November 2005 - 01:46 PM

Is that the firing pin? If it is then it must be so worn that it doesn't make a good seal like it suppose to.

Yes, that is the firing pin. So I guess the only way to fix that problem is to replace it, right? I do have another SM1500 air tank but it has a huge crack in it, so my only option that I can see is to take this tank apart and replace the pin, then epoxy the two halves of the air tank back together.

#4 Sunchip

Sunchip

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 19 November 2005 - 03:11 PM

When my 1500 died, I just replaced the airtank with a 2k airtank. All you really need to do is add some electrical tape/glue of some sort to the end of the "nozzle" where the air comes out so that it makes a seal with the turret.
Sunchip of SDNT: If you can read this, cover your face

#5 Lukeinator

Lukeinator

• Members
  • 236 posts

Posted 19 November 2005 - 03:15 PM

Problem being I live in Canada. No AT2K's here.

Edited by Lukeinator, 19 November 2005 - 03:15 PM.

#6 foamsmith

foamsmith

• Members
  • 88 posts

Posted 19 November 2005 - 03:58 PM

Try adding some lubricant such as silicone spray to the firing pin.
formerly frank8715

#7 ambushbug

ambushbug

• Members
  • 103 posts

Posted 21 November 2005 - 01:38 AM

Problem being I live in Canada. No AT2K's here.

By fluke, I stumbled upon two AT2Ks at Wal Mart in Toronto (in a clearance aisle - returns?)- sorry, both tanks are integrated into active guns. But if I recall correctly, the airtank in the BLUE SM3k is the same/similar as my AT2Ks. Again, I'm not sure whether you already have/can find an SM3k (I got mine at a thrift shop). Or even if you'd be willing to sacrifice a 3k.

Good luck.

#8 Lukeinator

Lukeinator

• Members
  • 236 posts

Posted 21 November 2005 - 09:38 PM

I have a couple friends with SM3K's lying around that don't work (I think, in total my group has 4 or 5). I should see if I can pick one up. Oh, and foamsmith, I tried the lubricant, it helped a bit, but not enough.

#9 Starsnuffer

Starsnuffer

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 26 November 2005 - 06:11 PM

I have an identical problem on a green supermaxx 3000? I think it's a 3000 at least. However I don't see a way to A. Nicely remove the current air tank and replace with another. Also B. I don't really know what is wrong with it except that it got over-pumped and it began losing air from the firing pin. Could anyone explain how the firing mechanism works on this type of airgun? Is there no way to still use the same air tank?
I'm just a newb, don't hurt me.

#10 SupG

SupG

• Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 26 November 2005 - 08:23 PM

Shit!! That happend to me to, it pisses me off that they(suppermaxx guns) do that.

Edited by SupG, 26 November 2005 - 08:26 PM.

I heard this kid say nerfing is gay well i say fuck him.

#11 Sinfil

Sinfil

• Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 27 November 2005 - 07:48 AM

What usually works for me (I had this happen to me with an AT2K) is to spray some WD40 on it. Seriously. Close the valve, spray some on, allow to dry. It works.

I hope that helped.

-SInnER-
Rifleman and 1337 modder of the Celtic Wolf Clan.

Myspace

~r4z0rBl4d35~

#12 Starsnuffer

Starsnuffer

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 27 November 2005 - 10:28 AM

Close the valve meaning do not have the trigger depressed? Also would a second "coat" of WD-40 add on top of first coat if the first had dried already? Thanks for the help.
I'm just a newb, don't hurt me.

#13 Sinfil

Sinfil

• Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 28 November 2005 - 06:41 PM

A second coat might help.

Leave the trigger alone, so that if the gun was pumped, the air would be pressurized.

Spray the WD40 on the valve pin. Allow to dry. If the leak persists, spray again.

Allow it to dry. That's the only thing I can stress.

I hope it helps,

-SInnER-

Myspace

~r4z0rBl4d35~

#14 Forsaken angel24

Forsaken angel24

• Contributors
  • 2,472 posts

Posted 28 November 2005 - 11:34 PM

I remember reading somewhere that wd40 is a petroleum based lubricant and this will eat away at plastic over time. Whatever your problems, they just got worse. Stick to silicone based lubricants they are plastic and rubber safe. Also wd 40 is not paint you dont need coats of lubricant. Just lube it up good and go.
I don't get my kicks out of you,
I don't feel the way I used to do.
I know its bad,
After what we had,
But I’m just not the angel you knew.

#15 Lukeinator

Lukeinator

• Members
  • 236 posts

Posted 29 November 2005 - 09:01 PM

I haven't tried the WD40 yet, glad I didn't. Thanks Forsaken_angel24. I do have some silicone stuff sitting around though.

#16 Sinfil

Sinfil

• Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 30 November 2005 - 07:05 AM

WD40 does wear down plastic..anywere from 1-10 years. If nothin else works, I would use it anyway, since what use is a valve that doesn't work? Witht he WD40, you'll be able to use it, and when it does start detoriorating...find another valve.

The same goes with vaseline; it eats away at rubber. Just a forewarning to those who use it as lube.

Sorry for not pointing that out Lukeinator.

-SInnER-

Myspace

~r4z0rBl4d35~

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users