Photo

Why

41 replies to this topic

#26 Jakethesnake

Jakethesnake

• Members
  • 176 posts

Posted 16 November 2005 - 11:00 PM

I like nerf more than airsoft or paintball for almost every reason stated above, I don't know if anybody mentioned the spray and pray tactic involved with airsoft and paintball but that doesn't work when you are nerfing (in most cases). When you nerf you have to make every shot count, shelling out half a dozen rounds is common practice in paintball and airsoft, but in nerf if you don't have a decent aim, running around shooting round after round into oblivion doesn't generally cut it, which is what I see in every other shooting sport. I like nerf the most because you spend 1 minute planning 1 shot, in airsoft you most likely spend 5 seconds shooting 12+ rounds.
Also, mommy can buy you the most expensive airsoft gun and you can be ready to play the moment you open the package. If mommy buys you a NIB X-bow and you take it to a war, you will get owned, you have to take the time to modify it, which adds a sense of accomplishment and personalization, something you don't get from airsoft, and I know you can customize your airsoft gun but not for $10, which is what it will cost you to turn the crappiest gun into one badass piece of foam flinging doom.

Edited by Jakethesnake, 16 November 2005 - 11:05 PM.

#27 ambushbug

ambushbug

• Members
  • 103 posts

Posted 16 November 2005 - 11:05 PM

I've played PB only a handful of times and I've never airsofted. Both are (sound like) pretty good fun but like a few others said, its alot easier and cheaper to mod nerf guns - which I'm starting to think I enjoy more than actually firing my guns. That means more cash for my many other sports/hobbies/recreation.

I don't think age has anything to do with it. I'm a 30 year old, married, PhD student with a social life who enjoys (and just discovered) nerf. And I'm not sure but I don't really recall many Nerf guns being around when I was 15. Maybe the bow n arrow.....

#28 airsofter

airsofter

• Banned
  • 6 posts

Posted 17 November 2005 - 07:24 AM

ok thank you
im a lot more serios so i like laying on the ground in my ghillie with my vsr 10 G- spec (shootin 350 fps with 2 inch groupings at 50 feet) for 3 hours just to get 1-2 kills
i wasnt bashing your sport i was just askin.

well im srry if i offended you

Edited by airsofter, 17 November 2005 - 07:36 AM.

stop playin nerf be in a real sport *cough airsoft cough*

#29 taita cakes

taita cakes

• Members
  • 943 posts

Posted 17 November 2005 - 08:06 AM

Hypocrisy? Holla!

I was just about to say:
"Hey, look what happens when you ease off and just answer the question directly"

Pity.
Oh Kentucky, you are so fuggin awesome...

#30 Talio

Talio

Not your mother

• Contributors
  • 2,781 posts

Posted 17 November 2005 - 08:27 AM

ok thank you
im a lot more serios so i like laying on the ground in my ghillie with my vsr 10 G- spec (shootin 350 fps with 2 inch groupings at 50 feet) for 3 hours just to get 1-2 kills
i wasnt bashing your sport i was just askin.

well im srry if i offended you

Listen, I'm not so nice. Shindig is.

Frankly, you handled yourself somewhat maturely, but it still pissed me off. Mainly because everything pisses me off. So don't take it personally, you fall under the catagory of other people and it just so happens that's a group of people I am very prejudice against.

Without further ado, enjoy your stay, but if you break the COC again, I'm axing you. Thanks for playing.

Talio.
New posts on my blog, check it out. - Click on the ad too, cause I get money per click. Give back to the Admin team for once!

#31 Bad Karma

Bad Karma

• Members
  • 271 posts

Posted 17 November 2005 - 01:05 PM

Why? Well I guess it's a simple question with a simple answer. Just because. I would first like to say that it's a big generalization to think that nerfers don't airsoft or paintball. There are many who do both.

As for me. I have more of an interest in nerf then airsoft or paintball. Nerf you actually have the pleasure of building your own gun, amo, and what not. Airsoft and paintball usually you haft to buy everything. Once you have nerfed for awhile you tend to see that there is really no comparison to this great game. It's unique and as such unable to be compared. Sure in both you shoot air born objects at one another. But the difference is not only the way it's played or the way the guns are made. But that nerf was something someone came up with one day, in their backyard, with stuff from around their house. And it hasn't hardly changed at all. It's still played in backyards, it's still made with stuff around the house, and you still play with a small group of friends as nerdy as yourself. It has only evolved. Where as paintball has changed. It was once a backyard game that is now an international excepted sport.

~BK
Da BK 02: well...I just wanted to tell you...since your going to be dieing...I 've always hated you...and I mean that
TheTalio: Fuck you...I still love you

#32 Pineapple

Pineapple

Old-school Admin

• Contributors
  • 1,377 posts

Posted 17 November 2005 - 07:47 PM

It's still played in backyards, it's still made with stuff around the house, and you still play with a small group of friends as nerdy as yourself. It has only evolved.

Where as paintball has changed. It was once a backyard game that is now an international excepted sport.

(edited BKs post for my clarity).

Right on, girly.

Nerf is a hobby where we need not take it so seriously. It's not as though there are huge amounts of money on the line, or that swarms of people will swoon and seek someone's autograph. No. We have fun.

Paintball's evolution into the "professional" arenas has both pro and con. Sure, it puts it on the map and makes for great innovations. But oftentimes now, it boils down to who has the most money will win, or at least do really good. And with that are the really sucky attitudes that many so-called "wannabe pros" will have, with others. That's why I've gone back to rec-balling with new guys and rentals. They know how to have fun without attitudes.

Is airsoft going in that direction? The few people I've met who are serious airsofters here in Hawaii are pretty down to earth, nice people, but we'll have to see as it begins it's trend in popularity. Again, I have my reservations about shooting weapons that are way too realistic in appearance. And honestly, if I saw someone on my property with an AR-15/ M4, I wouldn't be able to tell if it were real or not. I'd get out some firepower and/or call law enforcement.

What I do know is that if airsofter is only using the discussion boards to tell everyone how awful Nerf is compared to airsofting, he'll last a couple of weeks and then get tired of trying to proselytize us. For the most part, our minds are set. Love it or leave it.

-Piney-
-Piney- of White Dog Hobbies Armory

<!--quoteo(post=209846:date=Feb 5 2009, 06:27 PM:name=boom)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(boom @ Feb 5 2009, 06:27 PM) View Post</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
It's to bad you live in hawaii I bet there are not many wars there.Wait what am I saying<b> you live in hawaii you lucky bastard.</b>
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

#33 LordoftheRing434

LordoftheRing434

• Members
  • 565 posts

Posted 17 November 2005 - 08:43 PM

Ah, this brings back memories of NO and the troll invasion. Such nostalgic things.

Frankly, everything here says it all. Airsofter - there several pieces in the Articles section that may answer your questions further. I would recommend reading them before too many other people verbally abuse you. Just be careful what you're up to around here.

~Rings
And when he gets to Heaven, to St. Peter he will tell, "One more soldier reporting sir, I've served my time in hell."

"I bluff it. I don't throw my weight around and say I know what I'm doing." ~ Mick Jagger

#34 airsofter

airsofter

• Banned
  • 6 posts

Posted 17 November 2005 - 08:58 PM

idk wat u people think

#35 NerfMonkey

NerfMonkey

• Members
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 17 November 2005 - 09:02 PM

If you don't know what "we people" think after reading all those posts, you're an idiot. I can't believe I wasted my time trying to explain this to you since you seemed to have a valid question.
SexD Warves

#36 Bad Karma

Bad Karma

• Members
  • 271 posts

Posted 17 November 2005 - 10:00 PM

You know "they" have invented something....It's called English. You should try it. After all of that I honestly don't know what else to tell you.
Da BK 02: well...I just wanted to tell you...since your going to be dieing...I 've always hated you...and I mean that
TheTalio: Fuck you...I still love you

#37 NinjZ

NinjZ

• Members
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 17 November 2005 - 10:15 PM

You know "they" have invented something....It's called English. You should try it. After all of that I honestly don't know what else to tell you.

Thats what happens with close minded people. They tend not to use their brains and cant comprehend simple things.

#38 The Infinite Shindig

The Infinite Shindig

Arma-what-now?

• Contributors
  • 1,383 posts

Posted 17 November 2005 - 10:58 PM

Ah, this brings back memories of NO and the troll invasion. Such nostalgic things.

Believe me when I say that we do our best to see that something like that will not happen here. Plus, if you do recall, every troll at NO had their ISP fall out from under them compliments of cxwq.

Airsofter, post english or be gone.
Shindig of the Lawn Chair Mafia

<a href="http://www.albinobla.../flash/posting" target="_blank">Posting and You</a>

#39 airsofter

airsofter

• Banned
  • 6 posts

Posted 18 November 2005 - 07:19 AM

im sorry my english is poor i just moved to united states from france and im not the best at spelling either

#40 The Infinite Shindig

The Infinite Shindig

Arma-what-now?

• Contributors
  • 1,383 posts

Posted 18 November 2005 - 07:57 AM

airsofter,

Your member account at NerfHaven has been temporarily suspended; consider your wish to be granted. Too bad that you couldn't have just followed the rules. I might have even dealt with you for a few more posts, but you brought up my least favorite subject, the French. I hate the French, and a little genealogy on my part tells me that I hate ~10% of myself. I think that says a lot.

Your account will not be functional until Apr 4 2033, 07:54 AM (depending on your timezone). This is an automated process and you do not need to do anything to expediate the unsuspension process.

Board Address: http://nerfhaven.com/forums/index.php
Shindig of the Lawn Chair Mafia

<a href="http://www.albinobla.../flash/posting" target="_blank">Posting and You</a>

#41 LordoftheRing434

LordoftheRing434

• Members
  • 565 posts

Posted 18 November 2005 - 11:19 PM

Believe me when I say that we do our best to see that something like that will not happen here. Plus, if you do recall, every troll at NO had their ISP fall out from under them compliments of cxwq.

Ooooh...I didn't know that happened. I kinda dropped out of the NIC for a while back then. That's some pretty nifty work.

Things are going well as far as trolls go around here. This guy's been the first in a while. Nice job.
And when he gets to Heaven, to St. Peter he will tell, "One more soldier reporting sir, I've served my time in hell."

"I bluff it. I don't throw my weight around and say I know what I'm doing." ~ Mick Jagger

#42 Viper

Viper

• Members
  • 611 posts

Posted 19 November 2005 - 02:21 AM

I love airsoft, but I really don't get the point of this topic? Nerf and airsoft are like apples and pears. Paintball isn't too much fun and is prohibitively expensive.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users