Photo

Why

41 replies to this topic

#1 airsofter

airsofter

• Banned
  • 6 posts

Posted 16 November 2005 - 08:17 PM

why do you people play nerf instead of airsoft or even paintball I understand if you like 8 or 21 and married and have kids to play with but for you people that are 15 why dont you ask for a airsoft gun for christmas you can ge t a good one thats a tokyo marui (one of the best brands ina airsoft) clone wich is only $100

Edited by airsofter, 16 November 2005 - 08:28 PM.

stop playin nerf be in a real sport *cough airsoft cough*

#2 One Man Clan

One Man Clan

TOFTS

• Contributors
  • 2,170 posts

Posted 16 November 2005 - 08:23 PM

I nerf mostly because I feel inadequate (both sexually and otherwise) until I am able to defeat kids half my age. My age being 22, you can do the math. A better thread to follow up the subject "Why" is WHY do we waste our time with guys like you.

PS spell check takes 10 seconds my friend.

ALSO, before we all jump on this guy, most of us here DO PB/Airsoft.
I hate you.

#3 airsofter

airsofter

• Banned
  • 6 posts

Posted 16 November 2005 - 08:29 PM

that dosnt asnswer my question

#4 Uncle Hammer

Uncle Hammer

• Members
  • 750 posts

Posted 16 November 2005 - 08:29 PM

Fag! Lets see who bashes the sport when we shoot you with a titan. I hate people like this. I airsoft as well, but theres nothing like the joy of shooting one of your friends with a nerf gun and leaving welts on them. They never bash you anymore about it. I just take pride in that feeling.
Don't mess with Texas cuz its bigger than France, bitch..
QUOTE (Talio)
Catagory 5 hurricanes are the mighty dick of God.  You don't mess with that!  You don't mess with Gods dick!

#5 murakumo32

murakumo32

• Members
  • 419 posts

Posted 16 November 2005 - 08:31 PM

Why?

Why not?
Nerfing, now fortified with vitamin C!
-or-
100% Nerf, for 100% pwnage.

Nerf is a neutral weapons dealer. Anyone coughing up the dough can get armed.

and they're made of Foam... which makes them very Nerfy...

#6 boltsniper

boltsniper

• Contributors
  • 591 posts

Posted 16 November 2005 - 08:31 PM

I`m scared of guns...

#7 Lukeinator

Lukeinator

• Members
  • 236 posts

Posted 16 November 2005 - 08:43 PM

I play PB too. However, nerfing is much cheaper and you don't need to book at the PB place. And like Uncle Hammer said, you get a certain pride from giving someone a welt with a nerf gun.
Ride it like it's stolen.

#8 flashflint

flashflint

• Members
  • 607 posts

Posted 16 November 2005 - 08:52 PM

The main reason for me is that you can get a realy good nerf gun for 30$. If you want a realy good airsoft gun you are going to have to spend in the hundreds.

#9 DTReaper

DTReaper

• Members
  • 309 posts

Posted 16 November 2005 - 08:58 PM

Nerf on or fuck off.

-DTR
QUOTE(VACC @ Dec 5 2008, 12:09 AM) View Post

That's it. I'm done. I'm sorry there are breasts on the Internet.

#10 airsofter

airsofter

• Banned
  • 6 posts

Posted 16 November 2005 - 08:58 PM

so

#11 ompa

ompa

Introductinator

• Moderators
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 16 November 2005 - 09:00 PM

I paintball. I also own several airsoft guns. Why do I stick with nerf? Customizability, and the ability to just start shooting your friends and start an entire war, without having them always having to bring their now-illegal airsoft guns around. And it's just so much cheaper than paintball. It's just a more relaxed and fun environment than paintball OR airsoft (Although I admit to only having a few stock wars with nerf...).

~ompa

#12 man with many guns

man with many guns

• Members
  • 167 posts

so

Why do trolls come like this come to our boards? Stop dissing our sport, asshole.
Call me guns.
Mjdfuzzy: meh most people areound here are like "suk my balls michigan" and i'm like "you don't have balls you loser"
[12:43] mjdfuzzy: your mom's an ugly slut
[12:43] mjdfuzzy: ...and i love it

#13 Uncle Hammer

Uncle Hammer

• Members
  • 750 posts

Someone just ban this guy, it's obvious he doesn't give a fuck what he say and he's just here to bash us.
Don't mess with Texas cuz its bigger than France, bitch..
QUOTE (Talio)
Catagory 5 hurricanes are the mighty dick of God.  You don't mess with that!  You don't mess with Gods dick!

#14 flashflint

flashflint

• Members
  • 607 posts

Posted 16 November 2005 - 09:01 PM

It is realy anoying all the people who join this forum just to dis nerf.

Edited by poo, 16 November 2005 - 09:01 PM.

#15 AirApache

AirApache

• Members
  • 743 posts

Posted 16 November 2005 - 09:05 PM

I feel like this is a newb who thought it would be funny to create a new account and make this thread just to get a rise out of us.

I nerf because I like to have fun, and nerfing floats my boat so that's what I do.
Indiana '11

#16 euphemism

euphemism

• Members
  • 262 posts

Posted 16 November 2005 - 09:15 PM

I`m scared of guns...

To help certain people (airsofter) understand why that is very funny I will give this link.

#17 The Infinite Shindig

The Infinite Shindig

Arma-what-now?

• Contributors
  • 1,383 posts

Posted 16 November 2005 - 09:34 PM

Someone just ban this guy, it's obvious he doesn't give a fuck what he say and he's just here to bash us.

I'm well aware of the situation, and have been longer than you. I approved this guy's account, you don't think the thought of what kind of user he would be didn't cross my mind? This isn't NHQ, I think you guys are grown up enough to handle an airsofter who has simply asked "why." He is just being curious; don't jump on the troll bandwagon just yet.

I'll be keeping this open until either you guys or he fucks up. At some point or another, you guys need to learn how to deal with PBers and airsofters. It's just a fact. If when they come along we close every little topic because of it, you guys truly won't know how to deal with them. Plus, we've got a lot of new faces and I want to know who my idiots are.

Don't go to a non-nerf forum and do the same, if I catch you and get a hold of your IP, it's a 9999 special for you.

His question really isn't that hard. If he doesn't understand "to each his own," then that is his misfortune.
Shindig of the Lawn Chair Mafia

<a href="http://www.albinobla.../flash/posting" target="_blank">Posting and You</a>

#18 Illadar

Illadar

• Members
  • 131 posts

Posted 16 November 2005 - 09:40 PM

why

Because I feel Because I feel secure enough in my manly-ness to have no need to play with “realistic” toys in “realistic” “simulation”, more over I feel no need to try and convert people to my sport out of some feeling of arrogance. Perhaps a better question than “why not Air soft???” is “why not piss the fuck off”

Oh and no disrespect meant to those of you who air soft and also Nerf or who aren’t generally fuckcakes. And why don’t we have some thing that you have to read when you register that tells people not to do this sort of shit.

#19 The Infinite Shindig

The Infinite Shindig

Arma-what-now?

• Contributors
  • 1,383 posts

Posted 16 November 2005 - 09:44 PM

And why don’t we have some thing that you have to read when you register that tells people not to do this sort of shit.

As you know, the Code of Conduct is the equivalent to the Bible around here. Each perpspective member must agree to it upon registration. Following admin approval of their account, an email is sent with a link to the Code, stressing it's importance. It just so happens a section of the Code covers what you asked:

If you break any of the above rules, the NerfHaven staff can, and very likely will, delete your account with little or no warning. If you repeatedly troll or spam on this forum I will personally ensure that your Internet access is terminated within two (2) working days.

Shindig of the Lawn Chair Mafia

<a href="http://www.albinobla.../flash/posting" target="_blank">Posting and You</a>

#20 Forsaken angel24

Forsaken angel24

• Contributors
  • 2,472 posts

Posted 16 November 2005 - 09:48 PM

This is a recycled topic. I recall reading something similar to this in another thread.
Nerf is fun. To me the most fun comes out of modding the guns, then taking the first shot and just being blown away by the range and velocity increase. I would not want to try and mod an airtsoft gun and fuck up and need to spend another $200 trying to replace it. Then the games come around and that is the time to show off your shit, your hardwork and lastly, your dedication to the sport. Paintball is fun but too expensive and airsoft guns in an Assassin based game would land me in jail within the week. So I stick to Nerf.
I don't get my kicks out of you,
I don't feel the way I used to do.
I know its bad,
After what we had,
But I’m just not the angel you knew.

#21 ompa

ompa

Introductinator

• Moderators
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 16 November 2005 - 09:56 PM

Plus, having an airsoft gun that shoots 800ft. just isn't as satisfying as having a brightly-colored toy gun magically shoot 200ft with a rather large "pop". Another reason why I like nerf is the satisfaction it brings. These things aren't meant for performance, and making them perform great is just satisfying. With airsoft or paintball, you can't do as much tinkering yourself.

~ompa

#22 NerfMonkey

NerfMonkey

• Members
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 16 November 2005 - 09:56 PM

I Nerf, as ompa said, because it's just a more relaxed environment and for the ability to go pick up a cheap $10 gun that shoots 20 feet, make up a modification, do it and then shoot my friends with it and be satisfied that I did it all on my own.

True, you can upgrade paintball and airsoft guns; I was really into paintball a few years back and was decent at it, and now I'm thinking about airsoft as a hobby. But you can't just go buy some cheap stuff at the hardware store for a few bucks, put it on your gun the way YOU want it and increase its performance tenfold. You buy already-made barrels and magazines and ammo, not make your own. One of my friends who is an avid airsofter is spending I think $120 on a new magazine for one of his AEGs. I see the fun in shooting someone and in the realism of the guns and in having a gun that fires upwards of 100' and can fire ten shots per second, but it's just not as satisfying to me as it is to nail someone in the face from 50' away with a single-shot Nerf gun that only shoots 70'. I enjoy Nerf and have for over a year now.

The wars are also very different. I once went to a paintball war with a few friends of mine; it was cool, but mostly centered around "let's try to win no matter what it takes", not "let's have fun, no matter what the outcome of the game", so people ended up being cheap and hiding in a base and trying to eat shit our team - it wasn't fun. I understand not all airsoft and paintball wars are like this, some people just have fun and don't care about winning, but if you go to a Nerf war, the atmosphere is much more laid back and not focused on winning, people are just there to shoot each other and have fun for a few hours.

The way I see it is this: in Nerf, you don't have such powerful guns, so it's harder, but the people you play against don't either, so it evens out. In airsoft and paintball, you have semi- or full-auto guns that can fire very far, so it may seem easier, but again, your opponents' weapons are about evenly matched, so it evens out too.

Although, there are Nerf guns that can fire well into the 100's. AT2ks, Titans, SM5ks, Super Soaker or paintball conversions, homemades, Crossbows, Max Shots and SM1500s to name just the ones that stick out in my mind. Most are in the range of about 70-100' though, so you can get up in each other's faces and fight from close ranges, making the battles extremely fun.

Most of us here enjoy Nerf as just a fun hobby to play once in a while to relax, not take themselves seriously like paintball or airsoft. The mistake I see people who question Nerf as a sport like the other two make is that they think we take our wars and guns seriously and that we think of it as a milsim game; well, I don't, I just do it for fun with one or two friends and will probably go to the next big war, but I don't think about it day and night and save money just for upgrades and such. I think most others here would agree with me on the last point.

Paintball and airsoft are more geared toward serious players who want to win, Nerf is just for fun.

Edited by NerfMonkey, 16 November 2005 - 10:04 PM.

SexD Warves

#23 NinjZ

NinjZ

• Members
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 16 November 2005 - 10:02 PM

Airsofter - Their are many answers to your question:

1) For one, NERF is cheap, dirt cheap. You only need $6 to run around and shoot your friends and have a good time. Not everyone has mommys and daddys that will shell out the $300+ it takes to equip themselves for airsoft.( you cant just buy a gun and start playing. There are other supplies needed to play like a battery, charger, ammo etc. ). Also, many people under the age of 16 wont have a job yet either. Hell, affording a $20 NERF blaster is out of reach for mot.

2) Not everyone has access to some private woods, or a feild to play at. We cant just run around brandishing our replica firearms can we? NERF allows you to play at a park or around the house without getting in trouble.

3) You also cant compare the three sports. They all have varied styles of play. NERF allows you to run around more, get close, and do crazy stuff you cant do in airsoft. You have to be a lot more tactical and patient in airsoft. NERF you can do whatever you please without a lot of risk of getting tagged.

Dont get me wrong, I airsoft a lot more than I NERF these days ( ICS mp5sd5 and a 400fps G3-sg1 on the way ) but I still NERF because the sports are different and I can get different kinds of fun from being active in both.

Edited by NinjZ, 16 November 2005 - 10:04 PM.

#24 Pineapple

Pineapple

Old-school Admin

• Contributors
  • 1,377 posts

Posted 16 November 2005 - 10:33 PM

Airsofter, you have a legitimate question, deserving of a legitimate answer.

By the time I finished typing out my original monologue, most of the other users voiced what I would have said comparing the three shooting sports.

There is a wonderful diversity between Nerf, airsoft, and paintball. Enjoy that diversity.

Though you haven't done so yet, if your only way to validate your sport is to bash one or both of the others, that's a hang-up and deficiency that no one on this discussion board will be able to help you with.

And that goes for Nerfers who want to get defensive and throw sticks and stones at airsofter, he hasn't said anything harmful or offensive, in my opinion.

And yes, I'm married, with two kids, and I play with Nerf guns, paintball (stock class), and have dabbled with Airsoft. I don't need to explain the reasons why I gravitate toward Nerf.

-Piney-
-Piney- of White Dog Hobbies Armory

<!--quoteo(post=209846:date=Feb 5 2009, 06:27 PM:name=boom)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(boom @ Feb 5 2009, 06:27 PM) View Post</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
It's to bad you live in hawaii I bet there are not many wars there.Wait what am I saying<b> you live in hawaii you lucky bastard.</b>
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

#25 Kwoj

Kwoj

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 November 2005 - 10:50 PM

Dude not everyone has to do what YOU like, differen't people have differen't interest. Some of us do PB/Airsoft and nerf costs alot less anyway.
It's not who I am that defines me,
It's what I do.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users