Photo

Size Of Pvc For Homemade Gun

10 replies to this topic

#1 navy seal

navy seal

• Members
  • 281 posts

Posted 03 November 2005 - 03:57 PM

I 'm going to build a shell similar to the FAR to put an at2k in. Its going to be breech loaded without a clip. I need to know the ID and OD of 1", 1 1/4" and 1 1/2" PVC. If you have any of these sizes laying around could you measure them? I would like to know the sizes of pvc to get so I can fit the at2k air tank in and design the gun before I go to the hardware store. I already planned where everything is going to go but I need the sizes of pvc.

I searched and didn't come up with anything.

thanks
Played in 110 countries
Bigger than rugby
Bigger than snowboarding
Bigger than surfing.......Paintball

#2 BloodMoon

BloodMoon

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 03 November 2005 - 07:01 PM

Here's a chart.

I measured some 1", and that chart seems about right, so I'd say it's pretty safe to assume that the chart is correct for the rest of the pipe sizes.

Unfortunately, it doesn't list ID's and OD's for thin wall PVC (for example, 230 PSI 3/4" PVC or 200 PSI 1" PVC), which you may want in your design.
We live in an age when pizza
gets to your house before the police.

#3 boltsniper

boltsniper

• Contributors
  • 591 posts

Posted 03 November 2005 - 10:53 PM

Posted Image

Measured myself

#4 navy seal

navy seal

• Members
  • 281 posts

Posted 04 November 2005 - 03:28 PM

Thanks for the charts Bloodmoon and Blotsniper. The at2k's air tank is big than 1 1/4" so 1 1/2" pvc should fit it nicely. It looks like the receiver is going to be 1 1/2" and the receiver cover and lower receiver will be 1 1/4". To fit the air tank in the pvc I'll have to cut the top half of the pipe off where the airtank goes in and then reattach it some how. For the pistol grip I'll use 1" pvc and use the stock trigger because the pump will be in the lower receiver.

thanks
Played in 110 countries
Bigger than rugby
Bigger than snowboarding

#5 boltsniper

boltsniper

• Contributors
  • 591 posts

Posted 04 November 2005 - 03:46 PM

Sounds pretty intersting.

Let us know how it comes out.

Blotsniper....haha. I`m gonna go by that from now on...

Edited by boltsniper, 04 November 2005 - 03:47 PM.

#6 navy seal

navy seal

• Members
  • 281 posts

Posted 04 November 2005 - 04:08 PM

I won't be able to go get the pvc till this weekend hopefully because I have marching band tonight and tomorrow. I need a 1", 1 1/4", 1 1/2"-10' peice, a 1 1/2" right angle coupler for the stock and a T coupler for the pump. Is it a 3/4" T coupler that fits the pump handle?

Boltsniper, you should make a blot action homemade gun.....
Played in 110 countries
Bigger than rugby
Bigger than snowboarding

#7 joeyaglr444

joeyaglr444

• Members
  • 377 posts

Posted 04 November 2005 - 11:56 PM

Guys what is the difference between Cpvc and pvc?
Boys Become Men....Men Become Wolves

Blaffair to Rememblack.

#8 Doom

Doom

NH's Official In-House Physicist

• Administrators
  • 559 posts

Posted 05 November 2005 - 10:38 AM

CPVC = Chlorinated Polyvinyl Chloride
PVC = Polyvinyl Chloride

CPVC typically is thicker. From what I know, CPVC is designed to handle somewhat higher temperatures and corrosive liquids.

The internet is your friend too. I did a Google search for cpvc to verify if what I knew was correct. The answer was in the first result. Sometimes I wonder how people find websites such as this one to ask these questions on, given their inability to find answers in the first place. :lol:

#9 L t

L t

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 05 November 2005 - 12:15 PM

1/2 in. PVC fits nicely over the pump handle once you unscrew it. Another note is, the AT2k airtank fits into a 1 inch coupler nicely if you wrap it with a thin amount of electrical tape.

#10 navy seal

navy seal

• Members
  • 281 posts

Posted 13 November 2005 - 11:10 AM

I just went to Home Depot and got the pvc to start making the gun. I didn't want to spend $4 on 1" pvc to just to built the pistol grip so I have to find something to use.
Played in 110 countries
Bigger than rugby
Bigger than snowboarding

#11 navy seal

navy seal

• Members
  • 281 posts

Posted 14 November 2005 - 09:04 PM

Sorry for the double post, but no one would see it if i didn't

I spent about 3-4 hours working on the gun yesterday. I finished the main tube, part of the lower receiver, part of the stock and the pistol grip which I made out of 3/4"cpvc. The at2k is fit to the inside of the pvc and the pump is in the lower receiver. I need to get more epoxy to glue the pieces together.

When I'm done I'm going to paint it. Does anyone have any paint suggestions? I was thinking dark blue.
Played in 110 countries
Bigger than rugby
Bigger than snowboarding

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users