Photo

Nf Mod

20 replies to this topic

#1 man with many guns

man with many guns

• Members
  • 167 posts

Posted 13 November 2005 - 12:09 AM

A not so good gun stock e-x3, and doesn’t use it’s full potential. That’s about to change
Posted Image

1.Remove all screws. There should be 14. Open the gun carfully.
Posted Image

Optional step: 2. remove led light
Posted Image

3. Un-screw the plunger, and throw away the pieces but these:
Posted Image

4. Take the air restrictors, and punch them out, by any means. They should look like this:
Posted Image

5.Place now non-restricting air restrictors on plunger tube.
Posted Image

6. Cut 3” inch length of cpvc
Posted Image

7. Hot glue cpvc on plunger tube.
Posted Image

8. Trim case to fit the cpvc.
Posted Image

9.Place all internals in case
Posted Image
Call me guns.
Mjdfuzzy: meh most people areound here are like "suk my balls michigan" and i'm like "you don't have balls you loser"
[12:43] mjdfuzzy: your mom's an ugly slut
[12:43] mjdfuzzy: ...and i love it

#2 man with many guns

man with many guns

• Members
  • 167 posts

Posted 13 November 2005 - 12:10 AM

10. ~Enjoy!
Posted Image picture posting limit.
Call me guns.
Mjdfuzzy: meh most people areound here are like "suk my balls michigan" and i'm like "you don't have balls you loser"

#3 chris

chris

• Members
  • 87 posts

Posted 14 November 2005 - 05:07 PM

At least you have pictures....

Ranges wouldn't be bad, like what makes this mod so much better than all the others. Sorry I sound like an ass. I just think we should know if this mod is actually worth doing other than someone elses.

Other than that, nice mod.

#4 Vale

Vale

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 November 2005 - 05:11 PM

MY first mod, and I'm pretty satisfied about it. All I did was remove the air restrictors though, instead of adding a pipe. It gets a good 70' , occasionally 80'. Thanks for the mod.

#5 NerfMonkey

NerfMonkey

• Members
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 14 November 2005 - 05:36 PM

You can't get 80' or even 70' from an NF with just the restrictors out. Remeasure your ranges.

Guns, I like it. Nice. Is the seal good enough that when you cock the gun it sucks the dart down the barrel? Mine doesn't, but I've heard people say that. Nice mod, lots and lots of pics.
SexD Warves

#6 man with many guns

man with many guns

• Members
  • 167 posts

Posted 14 November 2005 - 07:20 PM

Thank you, it doesn't suck it down the barrel, all the way. It does a little bit, but not more than about five milimeters. But my bbb does, all the way into the gun, like the plunger tube. I'm not sure if I believe 80', but if it's an old one, maybe ocasionaly 70'. Thanks every one!

Edited by man_with_many_guns, 14 November 2005 - 07:26 PM.

Call me guns.

#7 BloodMoon

BloodMoon

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 14 November 2005 - 10:31 PM

Not to hijack your thread, but could some one fill me on on the difference between the 'old' NF's and the EX-3's? I'm considering bying more NF's, and I'm wondering because I have a few spare old NF parts that I could probably use in an EX-3 (spring, plunger head).

It's a solid mod. It's a lot like what I wound up doing for my very first mod. What I can tell you about ranges on the NF CPVC mod is that you'll get very different results depending on your stefans.

Thanks, Uncle Hammer. I guess I'll also be buying a whole bunch of 'old' NF's if there are still any lying around on shelves somewheres.

Edited by BloodMoon, 14 November 2005 - 10:45 PM.

We live in an age when pizza
gets to your house before the police.

#8 Uncle Hammer

Uncle Hammer

• Members
  • 750 posts

Posted 14 November 2005 - 10:39 PM

Well everyone says the spring in the EX-3 is weaker. So heres what you do. You use the old NF springs and the O-rings so you have an old NF spring with a double o-ringed plunger head. It works like a charm.
Don't mess with Texas cuz its bigger than France, bitch..
QUOTE (Talio)
Catagory 5 hurricanes are the mighty dick of God.  You don't mess with that!  You don't mess with Gods dick!

#9 Spaztic 75

Spaztic 75

• Members
  • 135 posts

Posted 15 November 2005 - 05:41 PM

Much as I enjoy a good Nf mod this just isn't really anything special. This is just a textbook modification, a good thirty people have probably done it and two dozen more could've. Don't get me wrong, its a decent mod, but it really isn't anything worth posting.
In the big picture I'm still next to nothing, he never talks to me.

#10 man with many guns

man with many guns

• Members
  • 167 posts

Posted 15 November 2005 - 05:56 PM

Much as I enjoy a good Nf mod this just isn't really anything special. This is just a textbook modification, a good thirty people have probably done it and two dozen more could've. Don't get me wrong, its a decent mod, but it really isn't anything worth posting.

Thanks every one!

I never said it was original, and I wanted to do it for the new members. And your post was worth posting? And I never said no one has done it, and honestly I wouldn't care if you liked it or not!

Edited by man_with_many_guns, 15 November 2005 - 05:56 PM.

Call me guns.

#11 Starsnuffer

Starsnuffer

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 16 November 2005 - 04:43 PM

Vale, I just did EXACTLY what you said you did, You did NOT get 70'-80' unles your spring is quite a bit more powerful than mine for some reason or you were shooting down wind/steep angle. Mine did increase range somewhat noticably and was happy it being my first "mod". Also added 10 small rubber bands that help out quite a bit.
I'm just a newb, don't hurt me.

#12 AirApache

AirApache

• Members
  • 743 posts

Posted 16 November 2005 - 09:12 PM

Clean mod. I don't like the gun (the new version that is) because of it's aesthetics, but that's not your fault.
Indiana '11

#13 Parapsycho

Parapsycho

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 16 November 2005 - 09:28 PM

Pretty good for your first mod.

Only suggestion would be to wrap electrical tape around the section that you glued together, or else the gun wont last you very long. Hot glue tends to harden and flake over time and, coupled with the recoil of firing the gun, will probably cause the PVC to break off eventually.

Back when I used to mod, I did this same modification with a classic NF and the PVC came off within a week. Of course, It could have been me not gluing it properly. <_<

#14 opiumpanda

opiumpanda

• Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 16 November 2005 - 11:58 PM

It's not a bad modification. It reminds me a bit of my first mod but instead of cpvc (Which is not avaliable in my area) I used some spare PETG that Illadar had lying around. I think that you should have cut out the house for the light on the bottom of the gun as well as put two brass or PETG stefan holders in the space that it created. You also can still add brass or PETG stefan holders in the bottom of your NF where the batteries go. Nice job. Maybe you should paint it pink and purple :lol: . That is what I would have done if I had the paint for it.
"i read that nerfs coming out with a 500 watt lazer light that can burn through walls."
Hell you're lucky if you don't get fucked with a spiked bat

#15 Sponge Nerfer

Sponge Nerfer

• Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 25 November 2005 - 09:37 PM

Good mod ive done something similar two one of my nfs and it worked out well. However, just to get a bit more range you could put in a heavier spring and use some rubber bands. (why not?)
When in doubt, make a huge nerf cannon of death.

#16 man with many guns

man with many guns

• Members
  • 167 posts

Posted 25 November 2005 - 10:11 PM

Good mod ive done something similar two one of my nfs and it worked out well. However, just to get a bit more range you could put in a heavier spring and use some rubber bands. (why not?)

Yeah, I would do that if I was getting heavy use out of it, but I only bought the gun to do the mod, and then I gave the gun to a friend. And thanks, both opiumpanda( I didn't see his post) and sponge.
Call me guns.

#17 hard rockr

hard rockr

• Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 19 May 2007 - 01:43 PM

10. ~Enjoy!
Posted Image picture posting limit.

Got any range test to talk about on this gun?
As Slash of GN'R says,"Any one can play guitar, but only the best can succeed."

#18 Guest_DarkInfection_*

Guest_DarkInfection_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 May 2007 - 09:31 PM

Can you even read the date on the upper left hand corner? This is the second thread I've seen you necro, and it's really starting to piss me off.

#19 Noodleownz

Noodleownz

Self-Fondler

• Members
  • 510 posts

Posted 27 May 2008 - 07:50 PM

very nice! I'm going to try it as soon as I get my 1/2" cpvc from Lowes. :)
It's Nerf or Nothin'!

#20 Kid Flash

Kid Flash

• Members
  • 1,985 posts

Posted 27 May 2008 - 08:02 PM

Another necro... hip. hip. horray!

#21 bogboogalars

bogboogalars

• Members
  • 398 posts

Posted 27 May 2008 - 08:20 PM