Spencer Carbine

Civil War anyone?

12 replies to this topic

#1 murakumo32

murakumo32

• Members
  • 419 posts

Posted 10 November 2005 - 08:42 PM

I was watching the history channel (great channel, lots of interesting shows) and I saw the Spencer Repeating Carbine. It was an intesting gun, there was a 7 round capacity magazine in the butt stock. Space saving. Anyway, I just thought that it would inspire people to make a homemade version, exept less complicated.

Spencer Carbine

Posted Image
Nerfing, now fortified with vitamin C!
-or-
100% Nerf, for 100% pwnage.

Nerf is a neutral weapons dealer. Anyone coughing up the dough can get armed.

and they're made of Foam... which makes them very Nerfy...

#2 man with many guns

man with many guns

• Members
  • 167 posts

Posted 10 November 2005 - 08:47 PM

That would be hard to make, but would be great. Put a homemade plunger tube on it where the hammer is, it would look so great so, it would have great ROF too.
Call me guns.
Mjdfuzzy: meh most people areound here are like "suk my balls michigan" and i'm like "you don't have balls you loser"
[12:43] mjdfuzzy: your mom's an ugly slut
[12:43] mjdfuzzy: ...and i love it

#3 flamebo388

flamebo388

• Members
  • 277 posts

Posted 11 November 2005 - 02:01 AM

Interesting idea, but I don't see how it extracts the shells.
And as everyone knows, money makes the world go round. It's also the root of all evil, therefore the world going round is evil, and we should stop the rotation of the planet.

#4 man with many guns

man with many guns

• Members
  • 167 posts

Posted 11 November 2005 - 07:53 AM

Interesting idea, but I don't see how it extracts the shells.

Right here is how it ejects them Posted Image
Call me guns.
Mjdfuzzy: meh most people areound here are like "suk my balls michigan" and i'm like "you don't have balls you loser"
[12:43] mjdfuzzy: your mom's an ugly slut
[12:43] mjdfuzzy: ...and i love it

#5 flamebo388

flamebo388

• Members
  • 277 posts

Posted 11 November 2005 - 03:15 PM

I said extracts, not ejects. Big difference there.
And as everyone knows, money makes the world go round. It's also the root of all evil, therefore the world going round is evil, and we should stop the rotation of the planet.

#6 joeyaglr444

joeyaglr444

• Members
  • 377 posts

Posted 11 November 2005 - 06:38 PM

Extract meaning to take out or in the military Move out of the area what do you mean?
Boys Become Men....Men Become Wolves

Blaffair to Rememblack.

#7 flamebo388

flamebo388

• Members
  • 277 posts

Posted 11 November 2005 - 07:25 PM

Extract as in remove the shell from the chamber allowing the ejector to eject the spent cartridge.

#8 Tarius

Tarius

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 13 November 2005 - 10:15 PM

It would be better if you combined the spencer's stock with a winchester lever, it would make it's reload time faster. Don't worry about cartridges.

This might help, but it looks better if you visualive it in your head.
Posted Image
Who am I to let you win this War.

#9 SKIZ

SKIZ

• Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 14 November 2005 - 06:51 PM

Hey this is would be kick ass but how would you fire the darts? It would be hard to replicate with pvc because its so complex but if someone could manage to build it that would be good. If someone could build it and make it get good ranges then that would be frikin mad.

I dont think a plunger would do the trick because of the way the ejection/firing mechanism works. If you used compressed air to fire it you could maybe have the stock as the tank. I know that seems obvious but you could put a tube in the stock and that would be a magazine and then have the rest of the stock an air tank.

OFFTOPIC:
how do i insert pictures?

Edited by SKIZ, 14 November 2005 - 06:51 PM.

#10 murakumo32

murakumo32

• Members
  • 419 posts

Posted 14 November 2005 - 08:32 PM

If you want to post a pic that's on your comp. then go to imageshack.tk (not .com). Then browse for your pic and click on one of those buttons. Once you are at the next screen, scroll down to the direct link and copy the address. Finally, when posting, click th IMG button that's by all the other buttons and paste the address.

If you want to post a pic of something on the internet, the right click on the pic, click on copy image LOCATION and the paste blah blah blah...lazy.

On a side note, I JUST WON A TEAM SLAYER GAME ONLINE IN HALO 2! But before anyone says, "That's great." in a sarcastic way, my 3 teammates quit on me and left me 1 on 4 with -3 kills. I manages to hide and got 10 kills before the game's end. WOOT!

Yep...
Nerfing, now fortified with vitamin C!
-or-
100% Nerf, for 100% pwnage.

Nerf is a neutral weapons dealer. Anyone coughing up the dough can get armed.

and they're made of Foam... which makes them very Nerfy...

#11 Chief Slaya

Chief Slaya

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 April 2008 - 01:59 AM

Posted Image
how bout this? it's got a larger end so you can fit the parts in. **Never made or modded nerf before, may be dangerous**

Edited by Chief Slaya, 06 April 2008 - 02:00 AM.

o##########o
|<)###>>--->-/-
^#########^
Medieval warfare^

##o-]#####_.-o
-#.|<,-####`>|
,#.^#######.^.'.`"
Nerf warfare^

#12 sputnik

sputnik

• Members
  • 911 posts

Posted 06 April 2008 - 02:04 AM

Never under any circumstances post in a thread older than say, 2 months.
Also, look here.

And here.
tcambre on IRC.

<3

#13 Pineapple

Pineapple

Old-school Admin

• Contributors
  • 1,377 posts

Posted 06 April 2008 - 02:19 AM

Posted Image
how bout this? it's got a larger end so you can fit the parts in. **Never made or modded nerf before, may be dangerous**

You appear to be from Australia, so I'll let this one slide for now.

It's really not a great idea to bring back a subject that hasn't been discussed for 2 1/2 years. I think the original poster isn't even active anymore.

If you have an idea or better yet, a working homemade to share here, go ahead and make another subject thread. The idea for this one pretty much died out not long after it was thought about.

If you need to review the Code of Conduct, it's in my signature. Click it for more info.

I'm closing this.

-Piney-
-Piney- of White Dog Hobbies Armory

<!--quoteo(post=209846:date=Feb 5 2009, 06:27 PM:name=boom)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(boom @ Feb 5 2009, 06:27 PM) View Post</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
It's to bad you live in hawaii I bet there are not many wars there.Wait what am I saying<b> you live in hawaii you lucky bastard.</b>
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users