Photo

Painted Darts?

20 replies to this topic

#1 NiborDude

NiborDude

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 10 November 2005 - 06:55 PM

Has anyone tried spray painting their stefans? Or would this be bad for them? Just wondering because I wanted to use a different color as a signal to team mates. If it doesn't work I'll find another way for signaling.

Edited by NiborDude, 11 November 2005 - 12:31 AM.

#2 Sqiggs89

Sqiggs89

• Members
  • 208 posts

Posted 10 November 2005 - 07:08 PM

My one friend who sort of Nerfs with us, well his dad painted his, and it flaked off. So I don't know if it was the paint, but it didn't work. his was like green. I don't know, I'd test on a few darts. If it works then use them and stuff.
Been a while.
#bro

#3 DTReaper

DTReaper

• Members
  • 309 posts

Posted 10 November 2005 - 07:35 PM

Some people have gotten better ranges with painted darts due to the increase in air tightness. But I think it will just flak off like squiggs said.

-DTR
QUOTE(VACC @ Dec 5 2008, 12:09 AM) View Post

That's it. I'm done. I'm sorry there are breasts on the Internet.

#4 Lukeinator

Lukeinator

• Members
  • 236 posts

Posted 10 November 2005 - 08:49 PM

I paint mine neon orange and yes it does wear off after a couple shots, but I save so much money because they are so much easier to find. I haven't really noticed any performance differences
Ride it like it's stolen.

#5 ssgtsiler

ssgtsiler

• Members
  • 98 posts

Posted 10 November 2005 - 09:47 PM

What you do is you get some Krylon Fusion, and paint the dart TIPS. It adheres to the glue well, but like most or all paints, flakes off the FBR. My friend uses this method to ID his darts and make em easier to find.
"War isn't about who's right, it's about who's left"

#6 DTReaper

DTReaper

• Members
  • 309 posts

Posted 10 November 2005 - 10:14 PM

What if you use a primer then the paint. Woulden't it not come off as much?

-DTR

#7 chris

chris

• Members
  • 87 posts

Posted 10 November 2005 - 10:35 PM

Why wouldn't a permanent marker work?

#8 hotvietboi123

hotvietboi123

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 10 November 2005 - 10:42 PM

Why wouldn't a permanent marker work?

Yeah, thats what I do, I use a sharpie to print my initials on my darts. Or you can buy different color sharpies and color the darts.

#9 Forsaken angel24

Forsaken angel24

• Contributors
  • 2,472 posts

Posted 10 November 2005 - 11:27 PM

You could also use sparkly hot glue found at craft stores. Now they have some color and *spar*kle*
I don't get my kicks out of you,
I don't feel the way I used to do.
I know its bad,
After what we had,
But I’m just not the angel you knew.

#10 VeggieBoy 3000

VeggieBoy 3000

• Members
  • 160 posts

Posted 10 November 2005 - 11:48 PM

Spray paint 'em BRIGHT PINK! Yes, I have done this. The paint flakes off a bit but the dart still has enough hue to be recognizable. Now, not only will this make your darts really easy to find in any terrain (unless of course you nerf in a cotton candy factory), but it's so much more humilitaing for your opponents when they get smoked by a pink killshot... ;)
Go NAVY! Beat ARMY!

#11 man with many guns

man with many guns

• Members
  • 167 posts

Posted 11 November 2005 - 12:01 AM

But if you paint your dart and shoot it at someone, it is easyer to dodge.
Call me guns.
Mjdfuzzy: meh most people areound here are like "suk my balls michigan" and i'm like "you don't have balls you loser"
[12:43] mjdfuzzy: your mom's an ugly slut
[12:43] mjdfuzzy: ...and i love it

#12 The Inventor Guy

The Inventor Guy

• Members
  • 290 posts

Posted 11 November 2005 - 01:25 AM

This is one of the reasons why it's much more logical to paint the back of the dart;
1) if you paint the front, it can be seen easier on the recieving end, and not if you're finding them after the war
2)If you paint the rear of the dart, the opponent can't see the dart as easily, but you can whjen you're picking them up.

-Tidge.

Also active on NerfHQ as Tidge.

#13 VeggieBoy 3000

VeggieBoy 3000

• Members
  • 160 posts

Posted 11 November 2005 - 02:36 AM

If a dart is moving slow enough that you can see its coloring, then you should be able to dodge it anyways. If it's moving fast enough that you can't dodge it, the coloring isn't gonna matter. If a dart's coming straight at you you're gonna see it no matter what color it is. If a dart is gonna sneak up on you and blindside you right in the side of the face, you're not gonna see it coming either way.

My point is... I doubt that the color of a dart is going to make it any easier to dodge during a war. Some of you may have different experiece with this, but that's my take on it.
Go NAVY! Beat ARMY!

#14 DTReaper

DTReaper

• Members
  • 309 posts

Posted 11 November 2005 - 03:27 PM

Unless it is a glow in the dark paint and you are playing in the dark. Then the paint is infinently not good.
1. they can see it in your barrle
2.they see coming
but it is ggod in
1. you can see it on the ground

-DTR

#15 NiborDude

NiborDude

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 11 November 2005 - 11:08 PM

I just want the dart to be a different color to signal to my team mates when we need to "attack." I think i'll try the sharpie method if it works for other people.

#16 DTReaper

DTReaper

• Members
  • 309 posts

Posted 11 November 2005 - 11:37 PM

If you want to signal them use a whistler dart. I'm not sure if they whistle but if they do that might work. Or you could use Walky Talkies.

-DTR

#17 drumsrock92

drumsrock92

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 13 November 2005 - 06:03 PM

that sounds like a logical idea i mean if u had different colored darts u arnt goin to fire them at your teammates i think that the walkie talkie thing would work alot better than colored darts then your teammates would kno rite away wat to do if ur talking about military tactics
!!~RoCK oN~!!

#18 The Infinite Shindig

The Infinite Shindig

Arma-what-now?

• Contributors
  • 1,383 posts

Posted 13 November 2005 - 06:17 PM

that sounds like a logical idea i mean if u had different colored darts u arnt goin to fire them at your teammates i think that the walkie talkie thing would work alot better than colored darts then your teammates would kno rite away wat to do if ur talking about military tactics

A few things:

1. Unless you are playing some crazy shit like assasins, there is no need for walkie talkies in nerf. Pick up some Nerf guns with your friends; try Nerfing while using them and while not using them and you'll see what I mean.

2. Darts get exchanged between teams in the middle of a war quite frequently. The only exception to this is if each team is using different sized darts.

3. Military tactics are not very applicable to Nerf. If you are using them, you are obviously taking this too seriously.

4. Please read and review our Code of Conduct and PM me with any questions.
Shindig of the Lawn Chair Mafia

<a href="http://www.albinobla.../flash/posting" target="_blank">Posting and You</a>

#19 drumsrock92

drumsrock92

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 14 November 2005 - 05:39 PM

well yes you are right there but if you are right next to a teammate then couldnt you just tell them what plan you want to have
!!~RoCK oN~!!

#20 ringbearor

ringbearor

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 06 July 2007 - 12:14 PM

I'm not sure about this, but, would like some sort of a dye work maybe? I like the sharpie idea, but, wouldn't that blend in with orange? It might take a couple of coats.

#21 lionhead333

lionhead333

Aslan

• Members
  • 252 posts

Posted 06 July 2007 - 08:49 PM

Ringbearor, check the date of posts. This topic is over a year old.
QUOTE(Ubermensch)
If I were you, I wouldn't mess with the mods, or make stupid mistakes like misspelling their names. I mean, CAVV is really tough on that kind of thing

Most recent write up-
Sharpshooter 2

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users