Photo

Dart Tag Or Firefly

13 replies to this topic

Poll: Witch is better,and why? (99 member(s) have cast votes)

Witch is better,and why?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 the56ace

the56ace

• Banned
  • 32 posts

Posted 06 November 2005 - 03:47 PM

I would like to know witch is the better to mod.

Edited by the56ace, 06 November 2005 - 03:48 PM.

#2 opiumpanda

opiumpanda

• Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 06 November 2005 - 03:51 PM

Well, I have never actually held a Dart Tag blaster but from the looks of it, it seems much easier to modify and generally seems cooler. They come in 2 packs so if you fuck one up you can always just crack open the other one. Or better yet you can sell the other one to a friend / split the 2 pack with a friend.
"i read that nerfs coming out with a 500 watt lazer light that can burn through walls."
Hell you're lucky if you don't get fucked with a spiked bat

#3 man with many guns

man with many guns

• Members
  • 167 posts

Posted 06 November 2005 - 04:05 PM

Dart tag is hard, to imposible to cpvc, not that I have it, it just looks that way. Firefly is easy to cpvc.
Call me guns.
Mjdfuzzy: meh most people areound here are like "suk my balls michigan" and i'm like "you don't have balls you loser"
[12:43] mjdfuzzy: your mom's an ugly slut
[12:43] mjdfuzzy: ...and i love it

#4 sniperdude

sniperdude

• Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 06 November 2005 - 04:09 PM

Dart tag is hard, to imposible to cpvc, not that I have it, it just looks that way. Firefly is easy to cpvc.

See......for me it was the other way around.....
----If my toes were made of brocolli i would rule the world----

#5 VeggieBoy 3000

VeggieBoy 3000

• Members
  • 160 posts

Posted 06 November 2005 - 04:14 PM

I have had some experience with both the Dart Tag and the Firefly unmodded, and on that point the dart tag wins by far. I have not seen either one in action modded, however, but the Dart Tag guns have more shots and are smaller, whicha re already 2 advantages right there. Plus the turret on the dart tag doesn't have anything in front of it like teh rotating mechanism on the firefly, so it would be possible to have extended barrells if you so needed on that one, which is eitehr impossible or really really hard on the firefly. I have also experienced the Dart Tag guns being a tad more reliable than the firefly, but since i ahve only used one of each I don't have very many data points to make an assessment about that. My advice still would be to go with the dart tag, if only because you get those sweet glasses!
Go NAVY! Beat ARMY!

#6 NinjZ

NinjZ

• Members
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 06 November 2005 - 05:19 PM

I have had some experience with both the Dart Tag and the Firefly unmodded, and on that point the dart tag wins by far. I have not seen either one in action modded, however, but the Dart Tag guns have more shots and are smaller, whicha re already 2 advantages right there. Plus the turret on the dart tag doesn't have anything in front of it like teh rotating mechanism on the firefly, so it would be possible to have extended barrells if you so needed on that one, which is eitehr impossible or really really hard on the firefly. I have also experienced the Dart Tag guns being a tad more reliable than the firefly, but since i ahve only used one of each I don't have very many data points to make an assessment about that. My advice still would be to go with the dart tag, if only because you get those sweet glasses!

To add to that, I'm pretty sure the FFs plunger tube is larger than the DTS. So while you can put longer barrels on the DTS, the small plunger tube cant support it.

#7 Noob Modder

Noob Modder

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 22 August 2008 - 08:38 PM

With a nice AR removal, the DTG can easily get 40 feet, with about 5 minutes of modding.
Whereas the firefly has been too hard for me to mod.
Also, the DTG has a higher in-turret barrel count. And it's more accurate and lighter.
I gutted my dead firefly (RIP) and shaved off the parts of the ammunition holders that connect together, and stuck one on each side of mt DTG, thus owning the firefly's ammo count.
The only reason i got the firefly over the double-pack of DTG's is that it cost half as much.
--DMQ
"i gots da good grammers"
"the only thing we have to fear is if the ninjas are coming!"
"mr. macho super-hero serial killer lemur-bear."
i am ninja-pwner

#8 Ubermensch

Ubermensch

• Members
  • 1,056 posts

Posted 22 August 2008 - 08:44 PM

I thought you've been here long enough to know not to necro 3-year-old topics. Please don't.
"In order to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe."-Carl Sagan
Nerf Rocket Air Launcher

#9 Watari

Watari

• Members
  • 213 posts

Posted 22 August 2008 - 09:49 PM

EDIT: F***, I just wasted a few minutes of my time in order to type all that crud, only finding out that it was a freaking necro, wow i'm an idiot! Well, for anyone else that needs to decide, here's my input:

I've had experience with both, and both were stock and modded. Well I got the Dart Tag before I got the firefly, I liked it, stock range was good and you can put off 10 shots within seconds. When I cracked open my first one, springs flew out and I gave it up. So I kept the second one stock for a few weeks. Then when I got my first firefly I decided to keep it stock and it stays stock to this day. I got my 2nd and 3rd fireflies for a birthday gift, so I cracked one open, minimized it, and eventually, singled it. A singled firefly is better than the turreted one because of the range yet it isn't better because you just killed the ROF.

So I needed a new gun, I decided to crack open my other DTG, found that it was super simple and took out the AR's. From my personal experience, DTG's are better stock, and modified and most people on this forum will say that fireflies suck so don't buy 'em.

If that doesn't convince you that Dart Tag guns are better here are some statistics.

Dart Tag
-2 guns
-2 glasses
-2 vests (can be made into stuff)
-20 Tagger Darts

Firefly
-1 gun
-8 Glow darts

Modding Capabilities
Dart Tag
-Simple
-10 shots
-Mess one up, still have other
-Good integration gun
(Longshot, BBB)

Firefly
-Simple
-8 shots (can do a clip mod, which I found difficult)
-Mess it up, you have to waste another $20 for another gun.
-Can't integrate it
-Can minimize
-Can single (but kills ROF) increases range by a bit

So in my opinion, the Dart Tag gun is WAY better. But if you like the yellow color of the firefly and the 8 useful bullet holders, go for it, i'm just sharing my experiences with you.

Edited by Watari, 22 August 2008 - 09:50 PM.

#10 Norther of Heaven

Norther of Heaven

• Members
  • 349 posts

Posted 22 August 2008 - 10:26 PM

Dart Tag. Firefly is....well, shit.
"I don't always drink beer. But when I do,
I beat my wife."

#11 TGfeo

TGfeo

• Banned
  • 29 posts

Posted 23 August 2008 - 08:22 AM

The dart tag rifle is probably the easiest nerf gun to mod
out there. And I vote dart tag because it's easier to mod, goes a lot farther, especially when modded, and holds more ammo.

#12 BustaNinja

BustaNinja

• Members
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 23 August 2008 - 09:41 AM

Shit guys. Me too. Fuck in a hat (preferably not my hat)

Edited by BustaNinja, 23 August 2008 - 09:42 AM.

Me: Yeah. he beat a hooker
Venom: Haven't we all?

#13 Mr BadWrench

Mr BadWrench

• Members
  • 781 posts

Posted 23 August 2008 - 10:33 AM

You know.... theres alot of people all over the world on nerfhaven and in the nerfing community.... I dont see why we can't just find 2 or 3 people close by and go stomp a mudhole in someones ass every now and then for necrophilia...
I Volunteer myself for the central and norther Ohio area.

Don
NerfChat IRC Chatroom Click to chat!

#14 Noob Modder

Noob Modder

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 30 August 2008 - 09:53 AM

Am I Dr. Frankenstein?
This topic is 3 years old (didn't check that at the time, sorry)
And I post on it, and now it's a shiny new topic.
:D
--DMQ
"i gots da good grammers"
"the only thing we have to fear is if the ninjas are coming!"
"mr. macho super-hero serial killer lemur-bear."
i am ninja-pwner

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users