Photo

Dart Skip

4 replies to this topic

#1 the56ace

the56ace

• Banned
  • 32 posts

Posted 06 November 2005 - 01:15 PM

Dont mean to be a dumbass but what is dart skip.

Edited by the56ace, 06 November 2005 - 01:20 PM.

#2 man with many guns

man with many guns

• Members
  • 167 posts

Posted 06 November 2005 - 01:26 PM

Dart skip is how far the dart slides on whatever surface it is shot on. Grass and snow gives the least skip and concrete gives the most. Yet you can't get rid of skip.
Call me guns.
Mjdfuzzy: meh most people areound here are like "suk my balls michigan" and i'm like "you don't have balls you loser"
[12:43] mjdfuzzy: your mom's an ugly slut
[12:43] mjdfuzzy: ...and i love it

#3 the56ace

the56ace

• Banned
  • 32 posts

Posted 06 November 2005 - 01:28 PM

I see thank you.

#4 TimberwolfCY

TimberwolfCY

• Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 09 November 2005 - 01:36 AM

I think Guns was referring to bounce. Normally when someone is talking about dart skip, they are referring to a Nerf gun with multiple shots availble that skips some of them while shooting, esp. in reference to automatic weapons, ie., in the middle of firing, the turret/clip/etc., is moving/firing and one of the darts simply doesn't fire, thus "skipping" the dart in the sequence. Usually for multishot weapons like SM1500's or whatnot, it's not a problem; fully or semi-auto guns probably have it the worst. Powerclips and Wildfires are good examples; usually guns can be modded well enough to keep dart skipping to a minimum though; my PC for example almost never skips shots.
"Denial is the most predictable of all human responses. But, rest assured, this will be the sixth time we have destroyed it, and we have become exceedingly efficient at it." - The Architect, The Matrix: Reloaded

TimberwolfCY
of NH, NHQ, NO, NC

#5 cxwq

cxwq

• Founders
  • 3,634 posts

Posted 09 November 2005 - 02:30 AM

Skip: Darts skipping off the ground and going a few feet beyond the point of initial contact. Results in janky distance measurements.

Broken: Gun that doesn't fire its barrels in the proper order.
<meta name="cxwq" content="mostly water">

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users