Bolts New Pistol

33 replies to this topic

#1 Ronster

Ronster

• Members
  • 528 posts

Posted 05 November 2005 - 09:52 AM

Salutations everyone,
Yesterday I recieved my new pistol from Boltsniper and tested it today.
Works and functions great.
Love the feel. Perfect grip and balance. Later today I will take it apart to look and see if everything looks okay.
Love the Owners Manuel. Nicely put together! Love the warning at the beginning, Bolt.
Just letting everyone know.

I've got a few plans I'm working up to model after this gun. Remember the image I posted on the GNS topic about if you were to have a clip in the handle you would have to put the hundle under the barrel. Well, that just what I plan to do:
Posted Image

Still have the clip under the handle while still haveing the awesome Halo2 SMG look. I dont know if its going to work yet but I'm still working on it.

Let me know what you think. :lol:

P.S. Hey Bolt, what is dry firing. Is that firing w/o a dart or firing w/ no lube?

Edited by Ronster, 05 November 2005 - 10:18 AM.

-I Nerf, there for I am.

QUOTE(baghead @ Oct 25 2006, 09:55 AM) View Post
Ronster reminded me that I should have warned you all Prepare your Bladder for Imminent Release!!!!

#2 Illadar

Illadar

• Members
  • 131 posts

Posted 05 November 2005 - 10:33 AM

Dry firing is firing with out a dart, it is generaly not advisable.

#3 mayhem

mayhem

• Members
  • 99 posts

Posted 05 November 2005 - 12:30 PM

I like the look of your design, have you thought of how the clip mechanism would work? Are there shells, or just darts? If there are shells how would they advance? If it's darts, how would you keep them from getting squished?

I had basically the same idea for a design a while back: (top one)

Posted Image

It wouldn't use shells, instead small rubber bullets that wouldn't get deformed as they're pushed together.

Yours has a lot more homemade potential than mine does though.

Edited by mayhem, 05 November 2005 - 12:32 PM.

#4 flamebo388

flamebo388

• Members
  • 277 posts

Posted 05 November 2005 - 01:32 PM

You could easily use ompa's clip system and not have shells.
And as everyone knows, money makes the world go round. It's also the root of all evil, therefore the world going round is evil, and we should stop the rotation of the planet.

#5 Ronster

Ronster

• Members
  • 528 posts

Posted 05 November 2005 - 01:59 PM

You could easily use ompa's clip system and not have shells.

Thats exactly how I was going to do it.
-I Nerf, there for I am.

Ronster reminded me that I should have warned you all Prepare your Bladder for Imminent Release!!!!

#6 BloodMoon

BloodMoon

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 05 November 2005 - 05:46 PM

Well, in that case, I see no reason why it wouldn't work. You're combining a proven clip design with a working pistol. If the aesthetic work is as clean as it is on Boltsniper's homemades, it may well turn out to be the best looking nerf weapon that I have ever seen.
We live in an age when pizza
gets to your house before the police.

#7 ompa

ompa

Introductinator

• Moderators
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 05 November 2005 - 07:06 PM

Unfortunately, for it to be used, the barrel would have to be longer than dEffeminateted in the pictures, and you would still have to manually push the bolt back and forth as well as pull back the plunger. But it would work.

~ompa

#8 BloodMoon

BloodMoon

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 05 November 2005 - 07:59 PM

Well, I suppose that you could do it as pictured supposing that the bolt and the barrel were the same piece, as in a breech. You'd just have to pull the barrel out and push it back in to load the next dart. Not as nice as a breech handle, but you could build it more along the perportions pictured.
We live in an age when pizza
gets to your house before the police.

#9 murakumo32

murakumo32

• Members
  • 419 posts

Posted 05 November 2005 - 09:00 PM

Is it possible too make a slider that retracts when the plunger is pulled back and then moves foward by spring to push a dart into the barrel? That would eliminate the single action and make it dual action.
Nerfing, now fortified with vitamin C!
-or-
100% Nerf, for 100% pwnage.

Nerf is a neutral weapons dealer. Anyone coughing up the dough can get armed.

and they're made of Foam... which makes them very Nerfy...

#10 1313

• Members
  • 168 posts

Posted 06 November 2005 - 09:17 AM

The barrel wouldnt need to be as long. When you push the "bolt" forward the brass that would enclose around the dart would just slide forward, out of the pvc barrel. Then a dart pops up and you push the brass back into place.

#11 man with many guns

man with many guns

• Members
  • 167 posts

Posted 06 November 2005 - 10:45 AM

Here's my idea: Posted Image

I'm not really sure it will work.
Call me guns.
Mjdfuzzy: meh most people areound here are like "suk my balls michigan" and i'm like "you don't have balls you loser"
[12:43] mjdfuzzy: your mom's an ugly slut
[12:43] mjdfuzzy: ...and i love it

#12 SG Pilot

SG Pilot

• Members
  • 281 posts

Posted 06 November 2005 - 10:46 AM

I feel that Bolt might start a little business of powerful nerf guns. Eventually, he'll have a whole armory of homemades that people could build.

Back to this clip idea, I think it might work, but the sliding mechanism would have to be manually moved back and forth, then you cock the gun. I think Ompa mentioned that before. I thought of a similar idea for the Scout where it has a brass barrel mod in it with a breach (is that the right word?) that slides back and forth and would be pulled back when you cock the gun, but because the Scout's cocking mechanism doesn't stay back like the NF and this GNS, the cocking mechanism slides back and also takes the breach thing with it. The only problem is that the cocking mechanism probably doesn't slide back enough for a dart to fit through, but this idea may increase the Scout's rate of fire if it was done. Do I make sense at all?

Also, a question about your Scout mod, Ompa, why can't you put stefans in it when you barrel mod it? Sorry if I went off topic.

Edited by SG Pilot, 06 November 2005 - 10:58 AM.

QUOTE(VACC @ Oct 9 2009, 04:45 AM) View Post

I know, I HATE toy guns that are made for little kids!

#13 ompa

ompa

Introductinator

• Moderators
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 06 November 2005 - 11:45 AM

You can, but personally, I get terrible distance.

The whole problem I see with the design is that the front handle is going to be so incredibly fat, unless you use something like 1-inch darts.

1313 is right, I don't know how I didn't think about that.

Keep in mind that the stock wouldn't really be a stock, because the whole plunger-out-the-back thing wouldn't work well with your shoulder there.

And before I forget- Mayhem, those are some nice-looking designs. I love the first one, but there's no way I'd be able to replicate a shell like that out of PVC.

~ompa

Edited by ompa, 06 November 2005 - 11:51 AM.

#14 man with many guns

man with many guns

• Members
  • 167 posts

Posted 06 November 2005 - 11:49 AM

*snip*

The whole problem I see with the design is that the front handle is going to be so incredibly fat, unless you use something like 1-inch darts.

*snip*

~ompa

Mine or his?
Call me guns.
Mjdfuzzy: meh most people areound here are like "suk my balls michigan" and i'm like "you don't have balls you loser"
[12:43] mjdfuzzy: your mom's an ugly slut
[12:43] mjdfuzzy: ...and i love it

#15 ompa

ompa

Introductinator

• Moderators
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 06 November 2005 - 11:52 AM

His.

~ompa

#16 Ronster

Ronster

• Members
  • 528 posts

Posted 06 November 2005 - 11:58 AM

No, the butt wouldn't be used as a stock. Unless I did something where, in order to cock it, you pull out the collapseable stock and it would stay out untill you needed to cock it again. Then you would push it, the stock, forward untill it locked with the plunger and then pull it back to cock it.

I was only thinking of using only 1" or 1 1/4" micro darts. Not anything too big.

For now, untill I can find a away to make it work, I would basically have your regular breech.
-I Nerf, there for I am.

#17 ompa

ompa

Introductinator

• Moderators
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 06 November 2005 - 12:05 PM

Nono, the clip & bolt would work fine. Trust me, using an only-pvc breech will not work well with any clip system similar to mine (aka shell-less).

I can tell you right now, it's really not hard at all to make a clip system similar to mine, adapted to your needs.

~ompa

Edited by ompa, 06 November 2005 - 12:06 PM.

#18 Ronster

Ronster

• Members
  • 528 posts

Posted 06 November 2005 - 12:12 PM

No, I would still have the clip, just I was thinking, untill I can find a way to make it to where all I have to do is cock the gun and the dart would come up from the clip into the barrel, I would have just a regular breech attached to the clip. One where you would pull the barrel forward then back the advance another dart into the barrel.
-I Nerf, there for I am.

#19 pinhead52

pinhead52

• Members
  • 193 posts

Posted 06 November 2005 - 10:31 PM

That's already been explained. Take that same idea, but turn it around, so the part with the openning doesn't slide forward, it slides back. And when it does, it pulls back the plunger at the same time, like the Scout or Mav. Then comes back to rest, while at the same time closing the barrel.

#20 ambushbug

ambushbug

• Members
  • 103 posts

Posted 07 November 2005 - 01:25 AM

I've also been thinking a bit about the problems of a clip-in-handle system. I too was inspired by the new Boltsniper pistol. And though I think your design is really cool, its not what I was expecting to see. I thought you meant a single-handled, clip loaded blaster, rather than a double-handled one. I was thinking more along the lines of a smaller pistol (single grip and, ideally, holster friendly)

I realize that a design where the plunger and bolt are combined necessitates moving the breech/chamber and clip way forward (hence, the two-handle design). However, I've been toying with the idea of stacking the plunger tube and barrel one on top of the other. To minimize the length of the blaster while also minimizing 'dead' space between the plunger and chamber/breech, the plunger would have to be cocked by a forward motion.

Below, I've sketched out a VERY crude scheme. I envision a slide (in BLACK) being pushed forward (simultaneously cocking the spring) and moving the barrel (also in BLACK) forward and allowing a clip(BLUE)-fed dart (ORANGE) into the chamber. A stretch spring (not dEffeminateted) would pull the barrel and slide back to close the seal (by O-rings in GRAY) over the dart. I haven't figured out a very good trigger system yet. I like the way the NF catch mechanism works but don't know where I could put the catch. Obviously, the catch, trigger and plunger tube (RED) would require considerable structural support from the rest of the pistol chassis (PINK). By the way, the C-shaped piece (THIN BLACK line) connects the plunger tube and chamber. Such a piece, I plan to rip from an existing air-delivery system from a Buzz Bee RFR (but PVC coupler or even some nylon tubing could do the trick). Springs are shown in GREEN.

Posted Image

Not sure I will even have the time, materials, tools or SKILL to try to pull something like this off but I was thinking of using an NF plunger tube. Size of ammo would have to be pretty small (e.g. 1.5 inch micro stefans or shorter) to be able to even comfortably use the grip.

Clearly, this is just an idea but I wanted to know what you guys think (on theoretical grounds)

On a related note, and more along the lines of Ronster's original design, I was thinking about trying to mod one of my Buzz Bee RFRs (I bought a bunch for $3.50 each) because in a way, it seems 'pre-adapted' to a plunger/bolt combo and already uses a clip (+ shell system).

Posted Image

What I had in mind was replacing the existing bolt with a plunger tube and rigging up a new trigger/catch mechanism. Of course, the stock would be removed
and fitted with a pistol grip. The cocking lever would not be necessary as the plunger tube/bolt would be pulled back manually or with some type of slide on top. The clip and shell-ejection mechanism would still work (for the most part) as is. This would make it comparable in size (slightly longer and deeper) than a MAV or a maybe a PC (? I have yet to actually see one). I guess still a little bulky but the more direct delivery of air should mean improved range (again, I'd try to use an NF plunger in place of the bolt but this would require some dremelling to widen the bolt shaft - and an extension to the plunger shaft).

Again, only speculation at this point, but more in the ballpark of what I think I can actually build/mod.

#21 Ronster

Ronster

• Members
  • 528 posts

Posted 23 November 2005 - 02:13 PM

It seems to be the time for an update!

I took it apart the other day. Everything looks smooth, except for I had to clean the aluminume plate because it had developed alot of dirt and weird black stuff. But other than that, it looks good.

The darts usually shoot kind of to the left and I dont feel that thay are going the full 90', it feels like about only 50'. Lately Ive been sooting actual nerf micro darts and they fly pretty stait, but my homemade darts shoot to the left.

Havent really nerfed with it yet, other than test shooting it and shooting my brother.
Other than that, everything seems to be okay.

Edit:
I havent been working on the SMG lately. Ive been working on my own version of the FAR.

Edited by Ronster, 23 November 2005 - 02:17 PM.

-I Nerf, there for I am.

#22 boltsniper

boltsniper

• Contributors
  • 591 posts

Posted 23 November 2005 - 02:18 PM

The black stuff on the plate is just grease. I oiled the entire thing well before I shippped it. You can clean it off but it is perfectly fine to leave it there.

I got 90' with a select few stefans that fit overly well in the barrel. With stock darts I was getting 50-70' depending on the dart. That would be why 90' was denoted as the "max" range.

#23 Ronster

Ronster

• Members
  • 528 posts

Posted 23 November 2005 - 02:20 PM

Whats the FCG?
-I Nerf, there for I am.

#24 boltsniper

boltsniper

• Contributors
  • 591 posts

Posted 23 November 2005 - 03:51 PM

Fire Control Group

The enitre trigger mechanism

#25 Lampoon

Lampoon

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 06 December 2005 - 01:06 PM

...Havent really nerfed with it yet, other than...shooting my brother.

Be careful doing that Ronster....Your Dad may get mad at you :angry:
Death by Snu-Snu? Oh Yeah!!!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users