Stefan Shotgun Shells

how do you make them

24 replies to this topic

#1 dark

dark

• Banned
  • 38 posts

Posted 01 August 2005 - 09:28 AM

I have read about shotgun rounds for nerf guns and are wondering how you make such a round?
Dark

Edited by dark, 01 August 2005 - 10:30 AM.

"your needed on the bridge sir"
"knock on my door knock next time...Did you see anything"
"no sir i didn't see you playing with your dolls"
"good"
disscussion between dark helmet and colonel sanders

#2 ompa

ompa

Introductinator

• Moderators
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 01 August 2005 - 09:31 AM

Shotgun stefans are simply shortened stefans, usually with only hot glue as the weight. You just shove a bunch down the barrel, and fire.

Or, if you have a gun with a removable barrel, you can store multiple barrels, each preloaded with several of these shotgun stefans.

Please try to use capitalization and punctuation.

~ompa

#3 LastManAlive

LastManAlive

• Members
  • 686 posts

Posted 01 August 2005 - 09:46 AM

From a previous backyard battle, some liek to use airsoft pellets between each dart. Only 3 or 4 per dart though.
He came, He saw, and he conquered... But where did everyone go?

#4 Talio

Talio

Not your mother

• Contributors
  • 2,781 posts

Posted 01 August 2005 - 10:04 AM

i have read about shotgun rounds for nerf guns and are wondering how you make such a round
Dark

Where are you from? I don't want to yell at you about grammar if your Italian or something.

Stefan Shotgun shells are merely theoretical, no one has ever done it and if they have, it didn't work well enough or was too complicated to be accepted by the community.

Talio.
New posts on my blog, check it out. - Click on the ad too, cause I get money per click. Give back to the Admin team for once!

#5 dark

dark

• Banned
  • 38 posts

Posted 01 August 2005 - 10:30 AM

There I added spelling and puntuation.
"good"

#6 Ronster

Ronster

• Members
  • 528 posts

Posted 01 August 2005 - 12:22 PM

I' ve tried making shotgun darts and they shot like five feet...
-I Nerf, there for I am.

QUOTE(baghead @ Oct 25 2006, 09:55 AM) View Post
Ronster reminded me that I should have warned you all Prepare your Bladder for Imminent Release!!!!

#7 NinjZ

NinjZ

• Members
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 01 August 2005 - 01:26 PM

What blaster were you using? Any gun that would need a 6-12" barrel can easily shoot them far enough for there intended purpose ( its a shotgun not a loser rifle ). Shorter barrels need less rounds.

#8 Ronster

Ronster

• Members
  • 528 posts

Posted 01 August 2005 - 02:20 PM

Yah your right...
I was using a NF that I ripped out the air restrictor.

A couple of minutes ago I took my CPVC barreled NF and it worked great.
-I Nerf, there for I am.

Ronster reminded me that I should have warned you all Prepare your Bladder for Imminent Release!!!!

#9 ssgtsiler

ssgtsiler

• Members
  • 98 posts

Posted 01 August 2005 - 04:22 PM

I find that shotgun stefans work well in high powered pump guns, such as the Titan, '5k, and some of my specials, like the ClipSniper or my friends Nemisis.
High Power+Large Volume of Air+Shotgun Sefans= Ownage (at certain ranges)
"War isn't about who's right, it's about who's left"

#10 NerfMonkey

NerfMonkey

• Members
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 01 August 2005 - 04:43 PM

I love shotgun Stefans, though I don't use them that much. The best example I can think of for them to be used effectively is, like others have said, in very powerful guns that can shoot them well, such as a 2k. I use them in my RF20 sometimes (only indoors) and they work wonders for battles with more than five hit kills, at least playing East Coast (or West, I can't remember, whichever one doesn't count barrages of darts as one hit) style, because you can unload on people with as many as fifteen darts per second.
SexD Warves

#11 Zero Talent

Zero Talent

• Contributors
  • 606 posts

Posted 01 August 2005 - 06:50 PM

Stefan Shotgun shells are merely theoretical, no one has ever done it and if they have, it didn't work well enough or was too complicated to be accepted by the community.

I thought it was just common knowledge in the community. I used to use them in short-range urban wars with any of my blasters using 1/2" adapters. It pretty much halves the range, but for a five-shot spread that ricochets to fill an alleyway, it's worth it.

Toss in more weight to each Stefan bit for more range... Keep in mind you won't find most of your shotgun darts afterwards, so I'd recommend not dedicating weights to their manufacture.
"'Revere me as hot! All others are not! THIS, I COMMAND!'"
- Death

#12 3nerfiteers

3nerfiteers

• Members
  • 128 posts

Posted 01 August 2005 - 09:28 PM

Well, shot gun stefan shells are a bit too complicated and not very practical. But what i do which really helps the range is add one or two at the most bb's. I also use my old really crappy beginner stefans (accuracy doesn't really matter as much) and cut them in half and use the new piece as a stefan too. (once a weight is added to it.) The bb use addresses Zero talents warning about not using weights in their manufacture. With BB's you'd run out of foam before weights, (I suggest those 5000 packs)

Edited by 3nerfiteers, 01 August 2005 - 09:30 PM.

Quilted northerns, home of the "Crazy Arrow"

#13 flamebo388

flamebo388

• Members
  • 277 posts

Posted 01 August 2005 - 10:13 PM

I don't remember who suggested it but I remember someone saying they put a bb on each end of a half inch piece for a better spread, I tried it a while back and it worked great.
And as everyone knows, money makes the world go round. It's also the root of all evil, therefore the world going round is evil, and we should stop the rotation of the planet.

#14 notorious oxide

notorious oxide

• Members
  • 171 posts

Posted 02 August 2005 - 04:43 AM

In my golf ball homemade i was just screwing around with a huge bunch or stefans with a tissue wrapped around the back end of them. 30PSi will happily shoot 7 stefans (around each other, not in front of each other) out of my 1metre long 40mm barrel to a range of about 70-80' and with a spread of only around 4' at 20 metres. Different amounts of pressure and you will get different eranges and spread. lower psi means more spread and less range, but more than 60 PSI and you will get huge spread and hardly any distance because it pushes the center dart out first.

Edited by notorious_oxide, 02 August 2005 - 04:45 AM.

-------
COREY

#15 Ronster

Ronster

• Members
  • 528 posts

Posted 02 August 2005 - 10:10 AM

I heard somewhere around here that if you got some tissiue paper, made two wads and shoved one down your barrel, then grabbed some BBs and put a bunch in, and toped it off with the other wad, that when you shot your nerf gun the BBs go flying everywhere, shotgun style.
I have not yet tried this, but it sounds like it could work...
-I Nerf, there for I am.

#16 LastManAlive

LastManAlive

• Members
  • 686 posts

Posted 02 August 2005 - 10:55 AM

Or make 2 little quarter inch stefans with a wait in each end and put about 20 BBs in between 2 of them at once. This works great!

#17 dark

dark

• Banned
  • 38 posts

Posted 02 August 2005 - 11:53 AM

yeah if you want to injure somebody
"good"

#18 LastManAlive

LastManAlive

• Members
  • 686 posts

Posted 02 August 2005 - 12:12 PM

I'm sorry, did he jsut say basically the same thing as me. Any ways, the tiny stefans can also be made without the weights to add to the realistic ness of having a "paper" wad shoot out with the shot. And besides, you only use airsoft bbs. Not metal ones.

#19 dark

dark

• Banned
  • 38 posts

Posted 02 August 2005 - 03:10 PM

sorry I thought you ment metal BB's in which case that would be painful.
"good"

#20 NerfLad78

NerfLad78

• Members
  • 263 posts

Posted 03 August 2005 - 10:28 AM

I just Shotgun modded my Titan. Here's what I did:

1. Sawed off plastic vent on stock barrel.

2. Cut some 3/4 in. (that's right, 3/4) CPVC that is the same length as the barrel of the Titan.

3. Took off stock barrel (I love how I didn't have to use my hacksaw on that part).

4. E - taped CPVC onto the... uh... air hole.

5.Put stock barrel back on.

It looks kinda like this:

______
0-------
______

Sorry, I only have my trusty keyboard to portray images.

Basically, I can put some darts (of ANY shape, form, thickness, or length) in the CPVC, fire, and if there's more than one dart in the barrel, it creates a pretty good spread. Also, I can only put one dart in the dart barrel, and I have an inaccurate long range rifle.

If I load the dart barrel and THEN put a rocket on the stock barrel, then I have a really destructive weapon.

And that, is the description of my new Shotgun/ Rocket Launcher/ Combat Rifle.

I shall call it... Outlaw :P .

Edited by NerfLad78, 03 August 2005 - 10:28 AM.

#21 LastManAlive

LastManAlive

• Members
  • 686 posts

Posted 04 August 2005 - 09:12 AM

ACtually, anyone can do that. Just put a 1/2inch CPVC coupler over the "airhole" and load about 6 stefans in the barrel you put in the coupler. And BOOM! You get a good spread of darts everywhere. Then you can have one dart and you have a killing machine of foam. And then the rocket. I actually took my barrel, left it in the coupler, and placed 1/2inch PVC foam insulator around the barrel. Of course I had to cut it a litte, but it helps alot. The only tricky part about this, is having a barrel to fit into the stock barrel without it making the darts fishtail. This is why you use a soupler. So it is removable for when you shoot the rocket.

#22 nerd with a cause

nerd with a cause

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 18 November 2005 - 07:25 PM

:D can you get pics cause i anit a literal learner

#23 ambushbug

ambushbug

• Members
  • 103 posts

Posted 19 November 2005 - 01:59 AM

I thought it was just common knowledge in the community. I used to use them in short-range urban wars with any of my blasters using 1/2" adapters. It pretty much halves the range, but for a five-shot spread that ricochets to fill an alleyway, it's worth it.

Toss in more weight to each Stefan bit for more range... Keep in mind you won't find most of your shotgun darts afterwards, so I'd recommend not dedicating weights to their manufacture.

I think there might be some confusion here. Many have described shotgun 'rounds' as requested in Dark's original message. But I believe Talio was responding to Dark's message header asking about "shotgun SHELLS". I guess Ompa's description of the spare barrels method is the closest thing but I have no expertise in this area.

Couldn't the orange Buzz Bee shotgun-esque shells be modded to fire "shot"? Though both the Double Shot and RFR have pretty poor air volume, so its effectiveness may be limited.

#24 joeyaglr444

joeyaglr444

• Members
  • 377 posts

Posted 19 November 2005 - 02:27 PM

Dude my splitfire is a shotgun i put 6 half inch pvc rounds in buth barrels and i have a double barrled shotgun.
Boys Become Men....Men Become Wolves

Blaffair to Rememblack.

#25 Team Slaya

Team Slaya

• Members
  • 615 posts

Posted 19 November 2005 - 05:20 PM

No joey, that's not really a shotgun, even though people claim it is. It doesn't really work like Thirst's Shotgun modded Titan does. Search for it, and you'll see what I'm talking about. He cut stefans into quarters lengthwise, then stuffed four of those into a large coupler with barrels in it. It's hard to explain. But that's still 16 shots with awesome spread.

TS

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users